• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 Audio upgrade

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here is what i did in mine. I installed 2 tower speakers and upgraded the existing ones. No issues whatsoever. I love it.
Same.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anybody know how to fix the slight speaker fuzziness I have going on? Got the power and ground running down the starboard side along with the RCAs so I’m thinking it’s picking up the signal or something. Also I’m not sure if it’s a ground common or what’s the best way to fix it? Would conduit help protect it or no, and I’m really the only person who notices but it bothers me lol

Garyav16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody know how to fix the slight speaker fuzziness I have going on? Got the power and ground running down the starboard side along with the RCAs so I’m thinking it’s picking up the signal or something. Also I’m not sure if it’s a ground common or what’s the best way to fix it? Would conduit help protect it or no, and I’m really the only person who notices but it bothers me lol
I read somewhere or on youtube that the RCA and power should cross at a 90 deg angle. Don't quote me but that may be it.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I still can’t figure the static out. I found the root problem to be the RCA’s. When I unplug them from the amp the static is gone. However even my Front speakers that go off the stock head unit make a little static towards higher volume but it’s minimal. I’m stuck and it’s eating away at me haha

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what kind/brand of RCA's are you using?

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
JL audio 4 channel

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I turn the gain down, almost alllll the way it gets quieter but then the speakers run at 2ohms and 50 watts sound quieter than the stock power coming from the HU so it can’t be that. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the ground or power wires. Is there anything I can wrap them in that will help quiet any noise ?

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JL audio 4 channel
weird. I wouldn't expect any issues from them. Only other guess would be a poor ground somewhere, but it's not like a car where you can "ground" anywhere.

If you power off the head unit, do you still hear static?
Try pulling each RCA input from the amp, 1 by 1. Does it get better, or have no impact?
do you get static on all input sources? bluetooth, vs radio, for example (with the volume at 0)

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I power off the headunit, it goes away

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Two weeks ago, my starboard engine overheat sensor went off while idling on my 2019 AR240. I thought I had just sucked something up however that was not the case and the alarm kept going off so I idled back on one motor. I flushed it and blew the line out and still nothing, disconnected the batteries for a day or two and the alarm still went off. Long story short I dropped it off at the dealer and they said the ECU was fried.....somehow it got a little wet and its now shot. When they went to order the new part YAMAHA said it is backordered until August 30th.... which is obviously the end of the season. I tried every dealer on the east coast and nobody keeps it in stock. I even purchased the 5 year warranty and I think its extremely unacceptable for a large corporation to not have even one in stock. I'm trying to figure out if there are other part numbers that might work or not.... any help would be appreciated.

canefan75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Couple of installer No-No's here that could be causing your buzz. First rule, never run the power wire for an amp with the RCA's. Most RCS's are prne to pick up noise this way. Number two, your remote wire! There is a remote wire on the radio and you will want to use that.

A couple other thoughts...if you havent done so, dont put the sub in the panel by the captains chair. That panel is very prone to rattles. Oddly, the panel by the co-pilots chair doesnt rattle. If you want 2 subs, do one by the co-pilot and the other in the storage compartment behind the captains chair.

Good luck

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Couple of installer No-No's here that could be causing your buzz. First rule, never run the power wire for an amp with the RCA's. Most RCS's are prne to pick up noise this way. Number two, your remote wire! There is a remote wire on the radio and you will want to use that.

A couple other thoughts...if you havent done so, dont put the sub in the panel by the captains chair. That panel is very prone to rattles. Oddly, the panel by the co-pilots chair doesnt rattle. If you want 2 subs, do one by the co-pilot and the other in the storage compartment behind the captains chair.

Good luck
There is no remote turn on wire coming off of my fusion which is another reason I had a problem earlier in my install.

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

canefan75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah it is
ok so it’s the same as mine. My guess is that you had to order a new harness cause the rca’s were cut by Yamaha. Still don’t understand why they do this but it’s just about every boat like ours. Anyway, the new harness, if it was like mine, has a blue wire that is the remote turn on. It’s also in the factory install manual.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
ok so it’s the same as mine. My guess is that you had to order a new harness cause the rca’s were cut by Yamaha. Still don’t understand why they do this but it’s just about every boat like ours. Anyway, the new harness, if it was like mine, has a blue wire that is the remote turn on. It’s also in the factory install manual.
Yeah what he said - the remote wire is what you need to delay the amp turn on. And ensure you're using the common battery ground to route all shielded signals to ground. No hum, hiss, or noise with my JL MX500/4 amp. Also check that the sensitivity is set correctly - if it's too high, it'll crank tunes very loud, but it also amplifies any background noise. There's a procedure to tune the amp properly and it makes a big difference to just guessing.

Not sure why, but we were lucky to find our harness had all of the pre-out's intact...probably should have bought a lottery ticket that day from the sounds of it...

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would you mind sending me a link to your harness? My new harness didn’t include a remote turn on and I couldn’t seem to find one that did include it

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Are both these harnesses for the RA70 head unit? The first one states yes for RA70 but the second link doesnt state it is for ra70?

I have major RFI in my tower speakers and have been looking for a fix. changed amps, rcas, the only thing I can think of is my HU didnt come with rca hookups so my rca wires are hardwired and I am not sure itf that is the cause or not?