• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think the MSRP last year was 80k+. (they sold for less) I'll find out tomorrow and report back. I'd say definitely 85ish.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think the MSRP last year was 80k+. (they sold for less) I'll find out tomorrow and report back. I'd say definitely 85ish.
Gotta pay to play the speed game!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if the other brands of Jet boats will begin to add clean out ports similar to what Yamaha has in the coming years? That Scarab looks nice, but I would trust the Yamaha power plant more than a Rotax power plant!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha has a patent on the cleanout ports so the other jet boat manufacturers would have to great real creative if they want something similar or a way to clear debris.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yamaha has a patent on the cleanout ports so the other jet boat manufacturers would have to great real creative if they want something similar or a way to clear debris.
I have seen a million work arounds in regards to patents. If they want something similar they will do it.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought Yamaha might have had the concept patented but I wasn't sure. But yes, I'm sure there are ways to improvise this, though not sure how effective those ideas would be. Simple concept with a decent solution imo.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Patents are good for like 20 years from when first filed... cleanout Ports have been on boats since at least ‘99.

Maybe we should start a Guess what’s gunna be new on BRP powered boats thread?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just saw this posted.

Ron Salkie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi. I’m new here. Looking to buy my first boat and liking Yamaha. I see the 2019 pdf above focusing on the X models. Given the 195’s wouldn’t we expect them to move away from 212 and 242 toward 215 and 245 models?

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder what is going on with the 19's pics of all the models have leaked except the 19's
Maybe that’s because they’re discontinued... :)

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder what is going on with the 19's pics of all the models have leaked except the 19's
These aren’t all models, just models without bigger changes... for example ....look at the 24 and 21.... it’s just the x boats.... not the rest of the 24 / 21 foot line...

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm also really curious to see what is going on with the 19ft

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is true, to a degree, but the difference in maintenance is not that big of a deal IMO. If you just factor in oil changes I'd say its easier AND CHEAPER to change the oil in a v-drive than it is changing the oil TWICE in a twin Yamaha. Cost around $65 to change the oil in a Raptor 6.2L and that's using AutoZone website as a reference, so there's certainly cheaper places to get it. At the end of the year it takes about an hour or less to winterize a typical v-drive. Any of the newer boats running the Raptor engines are closed loop therefore no need to pull the engine plugs. You would however still pull 5 drain plugs from the heat exchanger, exhaust manifolds and the transmission. Thankfully you have relatively easy access to the engine (side locker panels in inboards are removable for engine service reasons) and the v-drive itself has an access from the cockpit under the rear bench in most boats. Good thing for me is I hate the cold so my boating season usually stops around early November and I don't come out of hibernation until Feb-April so it's not really likely I have the urge to be out on the water during winter. I'm the type that if I can't swim in it then it just feels like such a tease and I'm a big puss for when it's cold :D. I don't know how people live where it normally snows!

Don't forget that both of these boat types would have ballast bags, tanks and ballast pumps that would need winterization and service. At the end of the day you're still going to spend an hour or so "winterizing" or doing the annual service to either style of boat so it's not really that big of a deal IMO and seems to get blown out of proportion unless you dig into the forums and see it's not so bad. If anything inboard engine parts are MUCH cheaper and readily available anywhere within miles of your house. Not really possible with Yamaha parts.

Yes jets can be safer in terms of running gear but it's not like a v-drive has the prop anywhere near the rider or where someone would typically be swimming. If you were in the water and either boat came by at speed and hit you, you're likely not going to make it anyways. V-drives have surf systems hanging underneath the swim platform and jets have jet pumps, fins and other metal bits under their swim platform. Jets have their own dangers associated with them just like any boat. I guess the argument could be made either way but I think we all can agree a v-drive is probably the safest form of recreational prop boat in terms of the prop being the evil dangerous bad guy in the room.

Just my .02
Also, there is probably less worry about vaginal and anal forced water infiltration on V-drives. I mean, I haven't seen that warning sticker on any other boats... :woot:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, there is probably less worry about vaginal and anal forced water infiltration on V-drives. I mean, I haven't seen that warning sticker on any other boats... :woot:
you need to get the RPM right ;)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still wanting Yamaha to look at a jet powered pocket cruiser. Do not expect one, however.

I am likely 5+ years from my next boat... but have been spending many hours drooling over the Regal 28 Express.

(sigh)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if Yamaha is making some changes to the 19 ft boats I don't think they are but man they are starting to fall behind in that category I feel. With so many new deck boats coming out with outboards the quality, finish, seating and top speed all seem to be higher on those and may starting in the $25k-$30K coming standard with more options than an sx190. I get the boat test emails all the time show casing some the new ones and if I was shopping for a 19-20ft boat anymore I don't think the 19ft Yamaha's would even make the top 5 list of boats I would be looking at. I saw this one today on the Tahoe 1950 top speed of 50 mph over 200 mile range on a tank of gas and it's feature list is pretty nice compared to a sx190 and a quick look on boat trader and I can find them with the 150 motor and trailer for $29K new.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
but man they are starting to fall behind in that category I feel.

As someone who recently shopped the 19-20' boat category I disagree, granted I do think they could add some new gizmos and tech to give the boat a refresh. Fundamentally, it is a well laid out and well performing boat within the size category that looks very good and Yamaha has no trouble selling as many as they can make without much in terms of incentives.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Local dealer said it was only thing they could get their hands on (the 190s) and they thought it was because that is where the change was coming from yamaha trying to deplete the inventory.