• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seriously, unless there's some whirlybits bolted onto those motors, I don't know where a multi-thousand dollar price increase comes from. Nothing externally worth the price, unless Will really soaked them on the licensing fee for TVs.

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Im liking the color schemes

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Colors are awesome but not worth the $$$$ for what I'm seeing here!! Definitely pricing themselves out of the wakeboat market!

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tariffs have real impacts on aluminum prices and cost to import stuff. Prices are directly related to recent policy changes :(

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the Suede grey 212 a lot

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any word on upgrades or new features? I don't really know why I care, I'm not in the market. Just curious :)

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think my 2006 sx230 went up in value!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every year they remind me that my next boat wont be a jet boat.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The sad thing is every new boat in the size is same price. The tige are 90k+ as surf boats.

If all you do is surf it's getting to point where you can buy one of those. If you wanna fish, surf, lake hop, take her to the ocean these are all around best imo still.

The biggest difference between yamaha and other jets is the ease of cleaning via clean out plugs.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The sad thing is every new boat in the size is same price. The tige are 90k+ as surf boats.

If all you do is surf it's getting to point where you can buy one of those. If you wanna fish, surf, lake hop, take her to the ocean these are all around best imo still.

The biggest difference between yamaha and other jets is the ease of cleaning via clean out plugs.
You could also get something like this which I would argue has a better wake than the Yamaha's and can still do all of the fishing, lake hoping and cruising that they can (albeit with more draft):

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2018-regal-23-rx-surf-103363374/?refSource=standard listing

Josh Tankersley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone seen the 242 SE colors for 2019?

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am waiting for the AR24 colors