• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didn't realize there was a video on there showcasing the new boat! Just checked it out and I am going back on what I said earlier. Appears they did not do a step over walk way and still have the cushion!! Why Yamaha? You revise the hump over the engine to make it easier but not do a filler cushion on the rear bench? Tisk tisk should I have done it this year. I also now see what y'all said about losing the 1 seat and I do not like what they did. My daughter likes to sit in the rear corner and stretch her legs out but on the new layout you would have to sit sideways. Don't like that.

Also is that a subwoofer under the kids leg?

View attachment 81479
I think this is just the position for the rear speakers.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Someone on Facebook mentioned the wake booster can be installed on older models. Not sure if true.

View attachment 81495
I highly doubt it. Every model has the tie down loop at different angles and distance from the side of the hull.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All the new features added to the 19 footers are huge. The connex screen, drivers side audio controls, helm storage under the dash, hinged seats, self draining rear deck storage. Personally I always place my Rtic soft shell cooler on the seat behind the drivers seat so I never use that for seating. To me it really seems that Yamaha tapped into all the changes I would be looking for. Now if they added the new wake package to the 19 footers, that would be a game changer.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
All the new features added to the 19 footers are huge. The connex screen, drivers side audio controls, helm storage under the dash, hinged seats, self draining rear deck storage. Personally I always place my Rtic soft shell cooler on the seat behind the drivers seat so I never use that for seating. To me it really seems that Yamaha tapped into all the changes I would be looking for. Now if they added the new wake package to the 19 footers, that would be a game changer.
They did 10 extra gallons of fuel for ballast, lol.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I highly doubt it. Every model has the tie down loop at different angles and distance from the side of the hull.
Gotcha. It was leornard who was at the event. I think he said only on the 2015 and up hulls. Maybe more info will be released soon.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gotcha. It was leornard who was at the event. I think he said only on the 2015 and up hulls. Maybe more info will be released soon.
Now this I would agree with.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Does anyone know if Yamaha implemented NMEA compatability in the 2019 models?

Rob Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm supposed to close on a 2018 212x friday and now I'm worried I should wait for the 2019. They dropped the price to 54,950 on 2018. Is that a good deal? Should I grab the 2018 or does the 2019 seem to be worth the extra money? This is my first new jet boat so just want to make the best decision.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know that there's anything on the 2019 that I would pay an extra seven thousand dollars for. I'd pull the trigger on the 18.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm supposed to close on a 2018 212x friday and now I'm worried I should wait for the 2019. They dropped the price to 54,950 on 2018. Is that a good deal? Should I grab the 2018 or does the 2019 seem to be worth the extra money? This is my first new jet boat so just want to make the best decision.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think the 212 got a whole lot different this year so take the savings on the leftover IMO

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not sure the 19’ ballast bag will work on the new 19’s (with the redesign of the back).

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Rob Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't know that there's anything on the 2019 that I would pay an extra seven thousand dollars for. I'd pull the trigger on the 18.
Thanks. really appreciate it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure the 19’ ballast bag will work on the new 19’s (with the redesign of the back).
If anything the new deck is larger so should fit. The cup holder would be a little in the way but water will form around it. Just don't leave a drink in there lol

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like they eliminated the glove box on the new 190/195. That would piss me off not to have that. As soon as I launch the car, key, wallet, cell, and everyone elses valuables go in there. The car keys also get locked in their when stopping off for lunch at the bar.

That aside, I just want to say, NAILED IT! 2-years running. Last year called the TR-1 in the 21 ft. boats, and got it right again this year with the 19 ft redesign. Damn I'm good.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also, I think the moral of the story here is, if you are thinking about a new boat, start banking some cash and wait for the next economic down turn when manufacturers are hurting to sell boats. The water is too hot right now (pun intended).

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like they eliminated the glove box on the new 190/195. That would piss me off not to have that. As soon as I launch the car, key, wallet, cell, and everyone elses valuables go in there. The car keys also get locked in their when stopping off for lunch at the bar.

That aside, I just want to say, NAILED IT! 2-years running. Last year called the TR-1 in the 21 ft. boats, and got it right again this year with the 19 ft redesign. Damn I'm good.
I think it may still have a glove box or something. Looks like the new cushion has a little pull loop. Idk but looks like it might fold down to reveal a cubby/glove box otherwise why put a loop on it? Hopefully it's not just more access to the helm storage.

IMG_9961.JPG

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If anything the new deck is larger so should fit. The cup holder would be a little in the way but water will form around it. Just don't leave a drink in there lol
Well in that case I better get a 19. Too bad the color choices are a turn off, towers are meant to be black in my opinion. I just wish they would give more options on colors. They are getting expensive enough let’s us pick out colors already, similar to Axis ect...