• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not once. . . .
Guess it depends on your family, and the captains desire to deploy it. We use ours every time we go out and eat on the boat (which is pretty much every trip). Everyone congregates under the huge bimini (AKA Batwing) to get out of the NC sun and eat in the shade.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We use our table once in a while. I use it a lot when I'm just hanging out in the slip 'working from home'. Good laptop stand.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey, I like the black 242 limited S. Looks very similar to my 2015. 2018-08-15_9-45-05.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nobody will use that stupid table, but for a salesperson it's a great tool.
I'm collecting parts to add a table/grill to my '17 AR190. Basically want it on the swim platform so I have a place to grill that isn't IN the boat. Going to use the table mount and leg with a custom bracket. I'm going to add a mount in the cockpit as well for a table.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Looks like they eliminated the glove box on the new 190/195. That would piss me off not to have that. As soon as I launch the car, key, wallet, cell, and everyone elses valuables go in there. The car keys also get locked in their when stopping off for lunch at the bar.
There's a checkbox for a glovebox on the feature list so it's still there. Probably behind that cushion as somebody said.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On another note, anyone else think the “revs your heart” is a cheesy slogan?
Rev's your heart has been used across all Yamaha product lines for a few years. We may not have seen it in the watercraft lines until now, but it is not new.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
They did 10 extra gallons of fuel for ballast, lol.
They also raised the capacity from 1240 lbs to 1600 lbs which means you can put more ballast in it without going over the official weight. (Or you can have 8 200 lb passengers vs. 8 155 lb passengers.)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm collecting parts to add a table/grill to my '17 AR190. Basically want it on the swim platform so I have a place to grill that isn't IN the boat. Going to use the table mount and leg with a custom bracket. I'm going to add a mount in the cockpit as well for a table.
Be sure you reinforce the back of the table receiver with a metal plate to help distribute the load across the surface especially if you plan to use a grill. A buddy has that on his 19' swim deck but always scared to use it because it's feels weak in he side of the fiberglass.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The table is a nice "option" . It's important to say that as Option, as when you need it, you will love it, when you don't it's easy to store.

We find ourselves putting it up when we stop for food and need a place to share items. Or eating on the swim platform backed into a dock. Otherwise, the SeaDek on our RTIC cooler makes for a great footstool/table in the middle of the boat. It's a good height to serve dual purpose.

Here is a theory, take it for what it's worth. Yamaha has created the 2019 line up to appeal to "NET NEW" customers and a potential Yamaha owner that may be looking to upgrade. The most likely Yamaha owners to upgrade would be those of us with boats prior to 2015. Sorry, but there are only so many folks on here that buy a new boat every year or even every other year.

So taking that with a grain of salt, they hit the checkbox on many of the things that the owners of the previous 2-3 years have bitched about, or gone to the aftermarket for.

So that being said, do you think that the 2015-2018 current owners may be just a bit hyper-critical of the 2019's to help justify their decision of not waiting for a 2019? Or is this line up "that bad and horrible" I would assume the prior. If this line up was truly designed to attract net new Yamaha customers, I think there will be a lot of happy 2019 owners over the next year.

Good job Yamaha. You just reached out to your target market with flying colors. And as I said back in 2014 when the 2015's were announced, "those of us looking to upgrade in 4 years are excited for a fresh batch of used boats!"

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What I find discouraging, is the fact that with the constant price increases. Yamaha seems to be pricing their boats far beyond the reach of the average blue collar boater. I currently own an '04 SX230 and as much as I would love a new boat. With a price of almost $55,000 for a new SX240 I don't see myself ever being able to buy one. There is no way that I could justify spending nearly a year's salary on something that can only be used about 5 months out of the year. I guess it's like everything else though. Evrything keeps going up, except my pay. Oh well, I'll just keep modding my boat and making it exactly the way I want at a price I can afford.
Just my $.02

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Word is $990 for the package including a wakesurf board and rope.
They are absorbing the cost somewhere else in the boat or spreading it out to people that don't buy the package. AKA Price increase

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They also raised the capacity from 1240 lbs to 1600 lbs which means you can put more ballast in it without going over the official weight. (Or you can have 8 200 lb passengers vs. 8 155 lb passengers.)
Heck yes, Yamaha now understands their customers are not all Gym-going 25 year olds!! Woo Woo, 6-240lb adults and a couple big dogs!!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't think people are trying to justify their purchase. I believe people feel the updates simply aren't worth the extra money compared to a 2018. And a lot of years that will be the case with anything new. Can't reinvent the wheel Everytime. But sometimes the new shit really is worth it. Case in point my almost new 2017 Dodge truck fully loaded, doesn't compare to the new 2019 trucks. I think the changes to the 19ft boats are nice, but not nice enough to make me feel bad I didn't wait 6 months. If I would have bought 2 weeks ago I would still be cool. I really don't like the new color schemes. But the hinged seats sure are nice. I'll prob do that upgrade myself someday.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What I find discouraging, is the fact that with the constant price increases. Yamaha seems to be pricing their boats far beyond the reach of the average blue collar boater.
I agree as well, but until they have any considerable amount of new carry overs, they are pricing what the market will bear. It's disappointing, but good business on their part. What get's me is the naming convention does not change for these models. Which makes sense, since they are not major changes that would justify it. The issue is the guy with a 10 year old 242, thinking it was a $70K boat when new. It makes the used market just crazy with a few boats priced correctly, and piles of them over inflated as they are basing their value on the cost of a new boat with the same/similar name.

Those jokers on Popyachts etc, pricing 5-10 year old boats for more than their MSRP when new. Fools.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like the price increases! In another year or two, I should be able to sell my 2015 212X with 80 hours on it (currently) for more than I paid for it!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think people are trying to justify their purchase. I believe people feel the updates simply aren't worth the extra money compared to a 2018. And a lot of years that will be the case with anything new. Can't reinvent the wheel Everytime. But sometimes the new shit really is worth it. Case in point my almost new 2017 Dodge truck fully loaded, doesn't compare to the new 2019 trucks. I think the changes to the 19ft boats are nice, but not nice enough to make me feel bad I didn't wait 6 months. If I would have bought 2 weeks ago I would still be cool. I really don't like the new color schemes. But the hinged seats sure are nice. I'll prob do that upgrade myself someday.
Exactly, I hear what you are saying. So it's obvious, they were not shooting for you as a target market. There is no real reason to make you want to upgrade. And why would you, you have a great boat. Unlike cars/trucks, which so many folks replace every 3 years or so, boat owners may tend to get more years out of this purchase. I am making a horrible generalization of course. But you get the idea. They never want to be in the position of you buying a new boat, and then spending thousands in the aftermarket to make it usable based on previous owners experience. So they truly did address many items, without making the current owners feel bad about their decision.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The price increase are unfortunately here to stay and clearly Yamaha is attracting a different market of boaters than they were 10 years ago. Just be glad you got great value out of your older model.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the price increases! In another year or two, I should be able to sell my 2015 212X with 80 hours on it (currently) for more than I paid for it!
Older boats aren’t going to go up in value, but will hold their values a little better. New model cars increase in price each year too while older ones depreciate. Some just depreciate a lot slower.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What I find discouraging, is the fact that with the constant price increases. Yamaha seems to be pricing their boats far beyond the reach of the average blue collar boater. I currently own an '04 SX230 and as much as I would love a new boat. With a price of almost $55,000 for a new SX240 I don't see myself ever being able to buy one. There is no way that I could justify spending nearly a year's salary on something that can only be used about 5 months out of the year. I guess it's like everything else though. Evrything keeps going up, except my pay. Oh well, I'll just keep modding my boat and making it exactly the way I want at a price I can afford.
Just my $.02
Recreational boats are by definition a luxury item but the good news is that there's a robust used market which means there's a boat for everybody who wants one. If Yamaha is really pricing too high and not satisfying some demographic then others will come in to capture that lower end at some point.

I'm not familiar with the pricing trends over time but if this year is particularly high I have to wonder if they are pricing in uncertainty about tariffs and exchange rates. (I'm assuming the power plant and various parts are produced in Japan or overseas.)