• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Basically a curved dish thing that diverts water from the side to help push some of the jet boats wash to the side. See this post. Similar to what Scarab did last year.
Thank you, didn’t see that post with the pictures. I bet that could be adapted to a 19 footer with a few holes depending on the size and location of the ladder.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But you gained storage in front of the helm
You gain a little but IMO nowhere near as much as losing a good chunk of that rear compartment. The shape of the bow cuts into the depth possibilities up front. The rear compartments as you know are pretty deep but also go all the way back. I store massive tote bins in mine for storage organization. Would like to see one in person.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really like the way this area should drain now!

But am I crazy thinking that this is the flush port? If it is.... how is one to connect the hose after starting the engine?

As I type this I guess you just connect it, start the engine then turn it on at the tap... but I’ve always either used an on off fitting at the nozzle end, or now have the nozzle on a Gardena quick connect that starts and stops flow when connected/disconnected so I never have to guess wether water is flowing

Attachments

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like the way this area should drain now!

But am I crazy thinking that this is the flush port? If it is.... how is one to connect the hose after starting the engine?

As I type this I guess you just connect it, start the engine then turn it on at the tap... but I’ve always either used an on off fitting at the nozzle end, or now have the nozzle on a Gardena quick connect that starts and stops flow when connected/disconnected so I never have to guess wether water is flowing
Not sure that would be the flush as it appears they still have the engine kill switch there when the hatch is opened.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure that would be the flush as it appears they still have the engine kill switch there when the hatch is opened.
My concern precisely.... let’s hope it’s something else exciting instead haha!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nobody will use that stupid table, but for a salesperson it's a great tool.
If I had it we'd use it. So far haven't found a great place to get lunch prepared. Or even to place the pizza box. Not to mention a place to have a good rousing game of pinochle.
But I wouldn't want it at the expense of the lost seating/storage.

Is there a door now to get under the helm? That would be cool. Honestly though I'll prob never use all the storage in my boat. There's so much lol.
Yes it's there in the video. That would be handy. Don't need more storage but more conveniently accessed storage would be nice. Don't have to pop-up a non-hinged seat cushion just to get something.
There's also supposedly an integrated cooler in there somewhere. Wonder where it is and what it looks like.

I also like the redesigned seat where you can turn your body without turning the seat.

A bunch of videos were just uploaded btw. https://www.youtube.com/user/yamahawatercraftusa/videos

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well.... I'm just happy I don't love the new 19's. This is especially true because I asked about a refresh and everyone assured me there wouldn't be much of a change. Lies!

In all reality I'm more bummed at the number of people that waited one month too long to sell their blue 2017 212x as that is the exact boat I wanted but couldn't find in June when I had $50k to spend.

I'm half tempted to list my 195 and try to score a 212x now!

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow. The guys in the graphics department must be color blind. What a horrible bunch of color choices! The only one that looks decent is the 242x.

I know colors are a personal choice, but I'm super glad we grabbed the last black '17 212 Limited S in Cali. We get people saying how they love the look of the boat pretty much every time we take it out. Black definitely changes the look of the lines on most any vehicle.

The dash looks ridiculous with the giant blank space and a phone holder in the middle. As somebody already said, at least it would be a blank canvas for putting a Simrad or something similar in.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't realize there was a video on there showcasing the new boat! Just checked it out and I am going back on what I said earlier. Appears they did not do a step over walk way and still have the cushion!! Why Yamaha? You revise the hump over the engine to make it easier but not do a filler cushion on the rear bench? Tisk tisk should I have done it this year. I also now see what y'all said about losing the 1 seat and I do not like what they did. My daughter likes to sit in the rear corner and stretch her legs out but on the new layout you would have to sit sideways. Don't like that.

Also is that a subwoofer under the kids leg?

View attachment 81479
I see that seat as the proper place to put a cooler. instead of having to dig into a cubby to open the cooler you just flip the seat up and reach in for a beverage. (from the driver's seat!). My FIL's 28 ft regal has a cooler cubby like this that you can pop up the lid and reach in w/o having to ask someone to move or lift a seat cushion...

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually this is a change for the 19 foot boats. Also looks like the 24 foot boats have new styles on the flooring.

But I'm still trying to figure out where the 3k price increase comes from on the 242X
  1. Normal $500 a year increase
  2. $250 for new cut of the flooring?
  3. Wake boosters $1000
  4. GPS Maps $500
Guess I can get close....
I don’t think the wake booster is standard. Sounds like it’s part of an additional package so i wouldn’t include it in the increased price.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s about time Yamaha updated the connex screen but I agree, the models with the old ATM screen and no analog dials :eek: what is Yamaha up to?
Price wise, until Yamaha start making their boats watertight from the factory and get at least somewhere close to Chaparrel build quality, it’s just not justified.

On another note, thankfully I still have access to this site, otherwise I’d be non the wiser, George Orwell’s 1984 is fact not fiction living in the EU :mad::(.

2C00A5FB-14C8-490B-B927-94F071BD2F07.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s about time Yamaha updated the connex screen but I agree, the models with the old ATM screen and no analog dials :eek: what is Yamaha up to?
Price wise, until Yamaha start making their boats watertight from the factory and get at least somewhere close to Chaparrel build quality, it’s just not justified.

On another note, thankfully I still have access to this site, otherwise I’d be non the wiser, George Orwell’s 1984 is fact not fiction living in the EU :mad::(.

View attachment 81493
On another note, anyone else think the “revs your heart” is a cheesy slogan?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't really understand the 'shame on yamaha' type of commentary. Seems like nice iterative changes across the lineup.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
View attachment 81494 AR240 now has a draft of 20” where 2018 boats were advised as 16.25”....?
My assumption is this is a typo just like the 210’s have the 1.8’s. Their specs go along with their build quality in my opinion. My 2012 was great my 17 I had a long list of things the dealer had to fix. Shout out to River Valley, by the way.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone on Facebook mentioned the wake booster can be installed on older models. Not sure if true.

C026830C-E8BD-4236-8138-139E23EB971C.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian I didn't have time to read through 50 pages here...
But, the new surf system is not a @jcyamaharider "Gatlin-like", rather it is a similar concept to SurfStream in BRP/Scarab.
View attachment 81487

I'm bummed they did not call it Surf Scooper...
https://jetboaters.net/threads/surfstream-diy-edition-prototyping-in-ar240.16075/#post-276180

View attachment 81485View attachment 81486

The new Yamaha WakeBooster is WAY more recessed... Perhaps that's the trick?

IDK. I (obviously) like the concept. Will it be better than the Gatlin Wedge?

--
You should have hired that patent lawyer back around Christmas time.;)