• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 SX195 Engine Anode

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Anyone replace their engine anode on a SC engine? I got the thing loose and it's ready to come out. However, the dang on intake manifold is in the way. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I really have to take the thing apart to change the anode? PXL_20231204_002536445.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Give this a looksie. You may want to employ the local 7yr old with thin arms to get to it.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I sure watched Leon's video. He has wayyyy more space between the block and the manifold.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
PXL_20231204_002932581.jpg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like leon has the non supercharged engine. It's a different intake manifold. The manifolds have o-ring gaskets so just unbolt it and move it forward a little.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Excellent! I wasn't sure what type of gasket it is. I hope I can just undo the two bolts on that side to give enough room. I appreciate it!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes he has the regular 1800 engine. The anode he removed was only 1/2 gone and would have been just fine leaving it in there they are supposed to corrode thus the name sacraficial anode and as long as there is some of the anode left in there just leave it alone as it is doing it's job if it were NOT corroded I would be concerned just like the ones on the side of the pump. They are sacraficial they corrode so your parts don't corrode away .

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC , I'm trying to keep the boat for as long as possible, so doing all the preventive maintenance as I hit 100 hours. @Leojay actually inspired me to do this based on the video. Just like him I'm discovering how much of a pain in the ass this process is.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
O M G only 100 hrs I put 1000+ hours on my stuff in hot Florida salt water I add a zinc anode to the side of the pump along with the magnesium factory one I make sure the anodes are attached to the pump by a similar metal not a dissimilar one.
I rinse my engines with a mixture of dish soap and car wash soap containing liquid wax so it leaves a coating in the water jackets to protect them from the salt also if you run in fresh water you can get corrosion due to minerals in the water so you want to prevent that also by coating the walls with wax. I never use any salt away . I only idle the engines on the trailer I NEVER rev them up with no load on them. The soap will visibly shoot out the pissers and pump and when the soap stops coming out you are finished rinsing. let it idle for 15 seconds and turn it off. be sure you have a good clean ground wire to the pump housing you may notice a wire now appearing on the pumps by the back of the reverse buckets .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Those annodes on the pump also help to reduce the dissimilar metal corrosion that causes the pump liners to swell and hit the impeller liner

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks Jeff, I know what they do and its purpose. Others say to change it as part of regular maintenance every couple of years and that makes sense.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks Jeff, I know what they do and its purpose. Others say to change it as part of regular maintenance every couple of years and that makes sense.
It's your boat do as you like maybe change the air in the trailer tires as well just to be safe.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You may want to add an anode to the very back of your trailer if you use one as the trailer is grounded to the tow vehicle and the alternator puts out a lot of power that is going directly into the salt water and corroding the trailer also.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
It's your boat do as you like maybe change the air in the trailer tires as well just to be safe.
WTF? Your posts are always like this on all the threads. You act like you want to help and then say some shit that don't make sense. Not sure if you're joking or trying to be an asshole? Thanks for totally derailing the thread.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
WTF? Your posts are always like this on all the threads. You act like you want to help and then say some shit that don't make sense. Not sure if you're joking or trying to be an asshole? Thanks for totally derailing the thread.
That describes your post very well I was just kidding maybe when you get a lot older you will understand and I am not kidding here . Now stop crying I promise I won't even mention the blinker fluid .

Last edited:

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looks like leon has the non supercharged engine. It's a different intake manifold. The manifolds have o-ring gaskets so just unbolt it and move it forward a little.
Got it out and replaced. Did as you suggested. Backed the manifold bolts out a bit. This opened up just enough space to get the old one out and the new one in. I was about 1/3 to a 1/2 used up on the anode. That's 5 years of mixed water usage and flushed after each outing with saltaway.PXL_20231204_221455484.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
that is actually in good condition better than the one that was in the video

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That anode looks awesome for 5 years old, I change mine out after the 2 year mark (168hrs) and they looked slightly better than that. I boat in all saltwater.
I feel your pain with the intake manifold, my starboard side is the same way, have to pull the manifold to get it out because of access. It really isn't that big a deal after you do it once.

Attachments

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Dixemon dang! Yes I'm glad I did it. I agree with you. As much as it was a pain to do, next time it will be easier.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing the pics Michal. It must be year of the anode...I just changed my water heater anode at home with the powered version (is everyone else doing this every 3-5 years?), and now queued up for the spring maintenance on the boat for all the anodes. Parts ordered....thanks for the inspiration!