• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 212X outlet next to bilge and pissers?

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the additional outlet on the starboard side that is the size of the bilge outlet? The manual does not show this. There's also an outlet on the port side with no mention in the manual. See the red arrows in the pictures below for both the port and starboard side. They don't seem to be connected to the rear ballasts as nothing comes out of them when emptying those ballasts.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those are overflow holes for your ballast hard tanks in the rear. I asked the same thing. When I get some time when the wife and little one are at the beach together I'm going to take mine out and adjust my ballasts to fill until water starts to come out of those. As well as adjust the front bag to fill some more. It could fill significantly more than it does. I wish out tanks and front bag emptied out of those. That way it's a good visual representation of when it gets empty. I still have to run my pumps a little when I get home to get all the water out.

PBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Those are overflow holes for your ballast hard tanks in the rear. I asked the same thing. When I get some time when the wife and little one are at the beach together I'm going to take mine out and adjust my ballasts to fill until water starts to come out of those. As well as adjust the front bag to fill some more. It could fill significantly more than it does. I wish out tanks and front bag emptied out of those. That way it's a good visual representation of when it gets empty. I still have to run my pumps a little when I get home to get all the water out.
Thanks @suke. Does the in/out port on the hull get blocked by the trailer bunk and cause issues when draining at home? Or is there a different way to drain?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks @suke. Does the in/out port on the hull get blocked by the trailer bunk and cause issues when draining at home? Or is there a different way to drain?
It's blocked-ish, but I'm still able to flow water out of both ports. It's not normally a whole lot of water a couple gallons out of each tank. Last time out I unhooked my bag and drained it out by hand. Just found out you can actually hold the down button on each tank on the screen and it forces the pump to run. 20200504_172719.jpg