• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy 2020 JetBoaters.Net SeaDek Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometimes the MFR will forget to remove the mold release compound before applying the non skid pad. In this case it appears they forgot that step. I'd make sure that you aggressively and liberally apply acetone to the areas where your new SeaDek pads will be installed. This will ensure that they don't lift.
The pad was securely attached - it would not have lifted off with normal use. It took quite a bit of force to lift it off but I think the main thing here is that the adhesive that was used peeled off cleanly.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The pad was securely attached - it would not have lifted off with normal use. It took quite a bit of force to lift it off but I think the main thing here is that the adhesive that was used peeled off cleanly.
That's cool. Adhesives have gotten better over the years. Maybe they've improved theirs too.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those curious the smaller kits are in fact not included in the 30% of deal. Emailed them to find out.
They are not included unless a cockpit or swim platforn kit is purchased in addition to any optional pad or pads.

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2018 212X, Cool Gray cockpit match the factory swim platform?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No you'll need smoke gray over black.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Sooooo....I had some free time so I thought I’d tackle the swim platform OEM pad remove all in preparation for my Seadek. I was prepared to spend a good amount of time using a plastic putty knife with acetone but once I got started, I realized that it was all going to come off without any glue residue. Took me a total of 7 minutes to remove all 3 pieces. Are the pads on the newer boats stuck on differently than the older boats? Looks like they use a thin double stick tape. Once I got a corner off, it just pulled off in one piece with some force. I’m so relieved that i didn’t have to spend hours on this. Now I just need my Seadek! Please ship my order soon! View attachment 133498
Wow! No way the rest of us are that lucky..

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2009 SX 230 - Gray carpets - what would be the best color match for Swim Platform kit?

scarab215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ordered and paid! 2014 Scarab 215 HO. Cool Gray in Teak Cockpit Kit. Had a matching concern with existing swim deck from a different company. Shout out to Kelly Scott for all the help with my order! Tons of questions and some customization. Exceptional customer service! Top Notch!

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ordered!
What's the going rate for 2018 snap ins?

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordered Swim Platform Kit, Engine Step Over, Head Locker Upper, and Naked feet Only - Storm Gray over Black.

Thanks for the group buy

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone that ordered early been credited yet for the discount? I placed my order on day one and haven’t seen the refund yet.

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was first day also and I haven’t seen a credit.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered and paid for the cockpit/swim platform kit, with the engine bay and bow mats, in smoke gray for my 2020 AR210.

242Chris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone that ordered early been credited yet for the discount? I placed my order on day one and haven’t seen the refund yet.
I also ordered on the first day and received my credit last week. I would send them an email.

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered a Swim Platform kit.

Not looking forward to ripping off the old stuff!