• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252se Price paid

Faraim97

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275E
Boat Length
$96600.00 for 275e w/trailer. The 27's don't come with trailers like the smaller boats.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$96600.00 for 275e w/trailer. The 27's don't come with trailers like the smaller boats.
I don’t get why the se is $15k more on the 275. Didn’t realize they don’t come with the trailer. Also, do you need a permit to tow the 27ft boats?

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We have a 2021 252SE on order for $80,899 with snap on cockpit and bow covers.

Faraim97

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275E
Boat Length
Thats over 20% off MSRP. Which dealer did you use?

Faraim97

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275E
Boat Length
Sorry, I thought you were talking about a 275.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No worries. Its right about MSRP but includes canvas

ChrisTurbo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Last weekend I walked into my local dealer and purchased my 1st boat ...a 252SE in Black that they had sitting in the showroom for MSRP ($78,899) plus $2,050 not including tax, title, and reg. It does have the galvanized trailer upgrade ($400) since I'm in salty New England and they threw in the USCG package which I believe they valued at $450. I'm assuming the remaining price over cost went to freight, prep & make-ready which I think is fair since I have been reading some are paying up to $3,000.
BTW is everyone else getting the USCG package on new boats? He's also throwing in a Yamaha anchor & line, paddle, extinguisher, etc which are not part of the USCG package. Since I'm new to boating I would end up having to buy most of this stuff anyways.
The only deal I feel I got was the fact that I'm not on a waiting list and he is storing my actual boat until April for me (free of charge). Of course I asked for a free mooring cover but we settled for about $300 off the cost new so I'm happy with that.
How'd I do? Also, I can't thank all of you folks enough as I have gained a ton of invaluable knowledge from the site!

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am certainly not the expert as I just bought my first Yamaha too, but sounds like you did good! I am waiting on the same exact boat you just got :) Hopefully not from the same dealer ;)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Last weekend I walked into my local dealer and purchased my 1st boat ...a 252SE in Black
:Welcome:
Congrats on the new boat...these things are a joy to use. Your price sounds about right given the high demand for boats.

Since you said it's your first boat, I recommend a boating safety course so you can learn the rules of the water, safe navigation, etc. And if you can, take a friend who has boating experience with you at least the first day so you can learn how to prep, get to the ramp, launch/retrieve, and depart safely. If you've never operated a boat before, it's like learning to drive a car. It's not hard once you know, but it's a steep learning curve.

Once all set, get out there and have fun!

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Before the new year, we picked up a 252SE for $76185 out the door, no taxes, with Galvanized trailer and yamaha Black deluxe cover. It was not the lowest price I found, but was best price vs travel distance.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just got an email from Chatlee Marine (NC) saying they're doing their own "boat show" (since the Feb NC boat show is cancelled). According to the email, they've got free extended warranties, special boat show rebates, and special financing. I have no idea what that really means but at least on the surface it doesn't sound like full MSRP plus freight/prep etc. For anybody looking for a boat that's in the area/willing to drive to NC, it's probably worth giving them a call. And for anyone else, it may be worth inquiring with your dealer if they're going to do any similar kind of spring boat show type specials even in the potential absence of an actual boat show.