• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 275SD - Update Charts

275SD-TA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
interested to hear if you guys found a solution? Thanks - new 275SD owner!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
No not yet bit while I was on the boat yesterday i did find a load software button. Press and hold the gear button to bring up a hidden menu. I think there is a button there that says software. Hit that then there is a load software button that brings up a window which would show a list of available updates if something was plugged into the usb port

275SD-TA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Good find! Now figuring out the format etc is the next trick!
I was trying to find audio controls (bass/treble/balance), I find nothing!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
There are no eq controls.

The questions is if you put a navionics sd card into a usb adapter and plug it in will it recognize the chart update

Sowie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Incase the updated chart doesn’t happen this was how I added a Lowrance hds9 chart plotter to mine. I’m currently having radio issues where the Fusion head unit isn’t being recognized by the touch screen. I may just let the lowrance control the music with their black box system. It’s at the dealer now waiting on parts from fusion.

Attachments

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
i see, you moved your phone holder to the left side. i was wondering if a separate plotter would fit over there on the right side. i had not seen anyone do it yet. nice. now i could be wrong but there is nothing fusion on our boats. the display is enovation and that is the actual stereo. one of enovations main gigs is their integrated stereo systems. it does run a wetsounds amp but that the whole system. the display and the amp.

Sowie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
i see, you moved your phone holder to the left side. i was wondering if a separate plotter would fit over there on the right side. i had not seen anyone do it yet. nice. now i could be wrong but there is nothing fusion on our boats. the display is enovation and that is the actual stereo. one of enovations main gigs is their integrated stereo systems. it does run a wetsounds amp but that the whole system. the display and the amp.
Ya the 2020 275se has the fusion black box behind the helm and the wet sounds amp. Lowrance makes their own version that is integrated into the chart plotter if ever the enovation fails down the road and you don’t want to have to replace he whole touchscreen. I am not liking all these components being tied into one electronic device.

By the way the phone holder now on the left is also a wireless charger.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Ahhh I didnt notice you had a 2020

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Incase the updated chart doesn’t happen this was how I added a Lowrance hds9 chart plotter to mine. I’m currently having radio issues where the Fusion head unit isn’t being recognized by the touch screen. I may just let the lowrance control the music with their black box system. It’s at the dealer now waiting on parts from fusion.
How do you like the ICOM? That is the route I'm going with my VHF radio but I noticed it doesn't have its own built in GPS. It requires an external connection and I'm not sure if we can tap into the current GPS antenna.

Sowie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
How do you like the ICOM? That is the route I'm going with my VHF radio but I noticed it doesn't have its own built in GPS. It requires an external connection and I'm not sure if we can tap into the current GPS antenna.
I like it for its compactness. I tied into the Lowrance for the gps.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like it for its compactness. I tied into the Lowrance for the gps.
Cool, thanks for the info. I have a history with ICOM and would like to stick with them. Plus, i live the compactness like you stated also of this unit.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going over the 2022 waverunner features, Yamaha has ported over a 7 inch version of Connext for the FX SVHO model. With that Connext, they can insert a card that gives them mapping for their GPS. Looks exactly like ours on the boats so im curious if that will be possible on the 2021+ models with the newer Connext.

The details I have so far is that you purchase the card from the dealer and that gives them updated maps for the wave runners Connext. The card slides into a USB socket from what I was told. Not sure if you will be charged for additional updates or not, but its interesting.

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have two 2022's on order. I did notice that when I was looking at the info on them.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
the boats with the enovation display can be updated. its the exact procedure that has eluded everyone to this point. it seems to me that its not just the map that is updated but the whole system which i was told by yamaha that the dealer has to do it. what i got out of the conversation is that the maps are part of the whole firmware. if you long press the gear icon there is button hidden there somewhere that says upload or something. the back of the screen there is a short female usb cable so whatever you get from yamaha needs to go into that. i assume the dealer is supplied a flash drive.

bradb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I will probably ask next time my boat goes in for service. In my research I found that you have to place a magnet somewhere on the device to put it into upload mode. I think you're totally right about the entire system needing to be flashed just for the maps. I wonder if next time I bring my boat in this process will still elude the dealer. :cool:

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
my dealer is a hour away and im not hauling a 275 down the freeway all the way there to have them play around with uploading map data. if you find something out please post it up so we know what to do with this. hopefully its a flash drive we can buy from yamaha an do the update at home.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
so quick update. i pressed my dealer again for an actual answer to this. he got with yamaha and they said to just order the sd card from navionics. from there you need to get an sd to usb adapter to plug into the usb cord coming from the display. i guess from there you follow the rest of their procedure which apparently came from enovation. power off, plug into usb then power cycle the display and its supposed to pick up the maps on the sd card and load them into memory.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so quick update. i pressed my dealer again for an actual answer to this. he got with yamaha and they said to just order the sd card from navionics. from there you need to get an sd to usb adapter to plug into the usb cord coming from the display. i guess from there you follow the rest of their procedure which apparently came from enovation. power off, plug into usb then power cycle the display and its supposed to pick up the maps on the sd card and load them into memory.
Good info, now for someone to try it out on their own, lol.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good info, now for someone to try it out on their own, lol.
I wouldn't even bother unless they let me put in coordinates. What an oversight.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
the plotter doesnt display the depth #'s or sonar charts, just depth shading but other than that i find the plotter to work well and be more than adequate for anything you would really do with the type of boats these are. are you not happy with how it functions?