• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Current Orders, Deliveries and 2022 Model Startup

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If that picture is really recent and at the plant in TN, then no way are they starting 2022. They have no place to put them while waiting to be tested, shipped, etc. What a freaking mess. Why not ship the boats and then the part for the dealer to install when they arrive. They could be getting part of the process done in the shipping.
From what i understand, and i could be wrong, it takes some time for them to switch over. I do agree with you, i dont see them delivering 2022 in july with that many unfinished boats.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pic from dealer this morning… lots of 2021 boats sitting at the factory waiting on a part before they can be finalized and shippedView attachment 151445
Wow, where is this at? Is that a dealer or the factory yard?
That is a heck of a lot of boats just sitting around.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wow, where is this at? Is that a dealer or the factory yard?
That is a heck of a lot of boats just sitting around.
Oh wow! I have hope again mine is in there somewhere!

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will say it was a nice boat. All seadek, i got the crap carpet on my AR210 :rolleyes:
Was the boat a 195S?

My AR210 didn’t come with carpet... it was a woven vinyl type flooring. I’d still rather have the seadek style flooring but none of the more expensive 21’ boats have the J-style seating so I can’t order a snap in flooring kit for my boat. I’m not sure I want to remove all the snaps to put in normal seadek.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am going to use my 195 this summer but come late August, it is going up for sale. We love the 195 but knowing what I know now, we would be better off with a 212X. I think we will sell and put money down with the hope a 212x (or similar) will come in spring of 2022.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to use my 195 this summer but come late August, it is going up for sale. We love the 195 but knowing what I know now, we would be better off with a 212X. I think we will sell and put money down with the hope a 212x (or similar) will come in spring of 2022.
If that’s your plan I would put a deposit down now for a 212x. With the 2021 issues, the 2022 boats will be gone quick. My dealer is already taking reservations.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was the boat a 195S?

My AR210 didn’t come with carpet... it was a woven vinyl type flooring. I’d still rather have the seadek style flooring but none of the more expensive 21’ boats have the J-style seating so I can’t order a snap in flooring kit for my boat. I’m not sure I want to remove all the snaps to put in normal seadek.
Its the same thing. I call it carpet, it is a woven matt with padding

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its the same thing. I call it carpet, it is a woven matt with padding
Oh, ok! I know some of the boats actually have a fuzzy carpet in them so that’s where I got confused.

Are you planning to replace yours?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably, waiting to see if they change 21' footers to 22' footers this year or not. If not I will jump on the Fall Sale and replace it. I already have most of the optional SeaDek from JBP, just need cockpit.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This satellite picture was taken in 2021 sometime, that's a lot of boats but not completely full.
This picture and the prior one posted seem like a lot of boats at first glance, but a pseudo-count of the overhead shot shows less than about 250 boats. Yes, I'm sure those 250 boat owners would rather have them than have them sitting at the factory, but it's not like we're talking about the 20,000+ Ford F150s sitting in and around Ford plants right now.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What you all think is the Orange group of boats that are smashed together? Are they boats they junked or something?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What you all think is the Orange group of boats that are smashed together? Are they boats they junked or something?
I was wondering, too. Maybe the hulls are shipped to that facility and the orange things are protective coverings the hulls are shipped in, or something like that?

In the current Google Maps image, all those orange things are cleaned up and there are definitely more boats sitting around than in the prior picture. The parking lot is full and they've got them parked in the grass out back!Screenshot 2021-05-27 152828.png

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably, waiting to see if they change 21' footers to 22' footers this year or not. If not I will jump on the Fall Sale and replace it. I already have most of the optional SeaDek from JBP, just need cockpit.
You’ll have to post some pictures of that project when you get around to it. I’d been thinking of doing it myself but it seemed like a lot of work.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
You’ll have to post some pictures of that project when you get around to it. I’d been thinking of doing it myself but it seemed like a lot of work.
For your viewing pleasure

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After my drive shaft failure the dealer started looking at parts, things like the jet pump housing and some other critical parts were back ordered until Nov, so I’m guessing all those new boats are missing some critical pieces they want the factory to install.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are the boat molds, I assume they are old ones that are past their prime.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering, too. Maybe the hulls are shipped to that facility and the orange things are protective coverings the hulls are shipped in, or something like that?

In the current Google Maps image, all those orange things are cleaned up and there are definitely more boats sitting around than in the prior picture. The parking lot is full and they've got them parked in the grass out back!View attachment 151524
When was your screen cap taken? I still see the same image I posted in google maps not yours.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they are unable to finish what they have, unsure why dealers would be pushing the 2022's and talking possible deliveries in 2 months. There is no way that they would let inventory rot and not get finished first. IMHO, I would think it would more like end of 3rd quarter or 4th quarter of this year at the earliest.