• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Current Orders, Deliveries and 2022 Model Startup

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
When was your screen cap taken? I still see the same image I posted in google maps not yours.
Weird. I screen capped that from Google Maps just before making the post. However, if I go to Google Earth I see the same version you posted. I'm not sure which is the newer image and which is the older image.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Makes you wonder if they dont get the parts, how are they going to produce 2022's, with unfinished 2021's

From what i gather, current orders are in the thousands still and getting trimmed each week or so.
Easy. The 2022s will be very much the same as 2021s.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@seanmclean The point I was making is that dealers are promising 2022's in the next two months but with unfinished 2021's just sitting, I doubt they would just leave them sit unfinished and start delivering the new model year.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree there is no way 2022 are being delivered in two months, unless they start calling 21's, 22's.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder when they put the Hull ID on a boat. Could they just call them 22's? Not sure how the coloring and paint process goes, if it is baked in or just put over the top.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Good morning all. I was informed that basically all this spray foam and other smaller materials to build boats were stuck either on cargo ships sitting in bays or shipping containers on our mainland. The problem was workers don't want to come back to work because they are making more on unemployment....add in the unions they work for...and if you are a believer in mob families running the docks still...and basically you have all this product that isn't getting anywhere even though it is here.

I have no idea if what I was told was true or not. Do mob families or unions control the docks? I don't know and wouldn't know. Are people still sitting on unemployment because it pays better? I know some are but is it the case in this situation? I have no idea either. Just passing on what I was told.

Hopefully things change and manufacturers can get the product they need to get people what they want. I know it is ugly trying to find ammunition and I am told that is because they can't get the product they need from Australia. And apparently pick-ups are now a premium.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If that picture is really recent and at the plant in TN, then no way are they starting 2022. They have no place to put them while waiting to be tested, shipped, etc. What a freaking mess. Why not ship the boats and then the part for the dealer to install when they arrive. They could be getting part of the process done in the shipping.
That would make too much sense! Why would they do that?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder for the people that get their orders canceled is Yamaha going to turn those orders into 2022s and keep their place in line?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@KCAR250 That hasn't been the process. They just cancel it and then you can reorder a 2022. You would think it would work the way you indicated. But there is no way to tell. Dealers are making stuff up, its obvious.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@KCAR250 That hasn't been the process. They just cancel it and then you can reorder a 2022. You would think it would work the way you indicated. But there is no way to tell. Dealers are making stuff up, its obvious.
That sucks for them! Still, I wonder how much more the prices will increase for 2022? Usually Yamaha raises their prices on the AR240/250 by around $1500 every year. I wonder if that will be the same. I know dealers are price gouging but Yamaha usually stays consistent.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess the bottom line, and not trying to be the ass in the room, is that it is what it is. Just because you want something and have the money to buy it doesn't mean you can or are entitled to get it. Until you actually own it. Orders are not guaranteed and that is just the way things go. Prices will go up, people won't get what they want, etc. etc. The neighbor down the road said his boat got cancelled, Yes I have 3 people in the area that I talked to about Yamaha's, two boats came in his got cancelled. He was hopping mad. I told him the same thing. I also asked him why did he not buy one 1 year, 2 years or 5 years ago?

Especially that nothing like this has happened before in our lifetimes.

I ordered 70 Privacy panels at $84 per 4 months ago. They are vinyl. Lowe's said they would come, they didn't. So now I have nothing, a permit pulled and I don't want to be screwing with the fencing all summer. No place to source reasonably. Lowe's gave me a courtesy $200 credit on my account and an apology. Same deal. Said I can reorder or just keep checking to see if any show up down the road.

People don't have the right to buy a boat and I sure as hell don't have the right for Lowe's to deliver the fencing, and they don't even produce it. I am a victim of the current times, will dust myself off and start finding other options. Its all we can do.

cdmusic68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder for the people that get their orders canceled is Yamaha going to turn those orders into 2022s and keep their place in line?
This is what I’m wondering too. I’m scared our 2021 AR190 will get cancelled. The dealer has assured us it won’t, but they also haven’t called with an update in a while. 😩

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I’m wondering too. I’m scared our 2021 AR190 will get cancelled. The dealer has assured us it won’t, but they also haven’t called with an update in a while. 😩
It’s probably one item that needs to be installed and they’ll get a bunch of the parts in so a lot of boats will be done around the same time. I think if you haven’t heard anything in a few weeks I’d put an order in for a 2022 and see what happens. Last year Yamaha announced the early release boats at the end of July.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha UTVs are having identical problems. I am shopping for an RMAX1000 and people that ordered them last fall are getting orders canceled or delivery dates pushed out. The sad thing is dealers continue to take deposits from people that don’t do their research with promises of units coming in “soon”. I feel bad for the good dealers that are honest with customers but have no sympathy for the ones taking big deposits or forcing people to pay big setup charges or else they sell the UTV to someone else.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
i am in the boat mfg business and can tell you there is a massive shortage on epoxy and polyester resins as well as fiberglass cloth. there just isnt enough to go around. one mfg near me has 7 yachts on order and he can only get enough glass and resin to make 1. im sure yamaha is no different. im sure they cant get enough gel and resin to make the boats anywhere near the pace that they usually do.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i am in the boat mfg business and can tell you there is a massive shortage on epoxy and polyester resins as well as fiberglass cloth. there just isnt enough to go around. one mfg near me has 7 yachts on order and he can only get enough glass and resin to make 1. im sure yamaha is no different. im sure they cant get enough gel and resin to make the boats anywhere near the pace that they usually do.
I was on the front end of this last year. Waited until the end of October for the boat that was ordered in June. Mine came in just in time to put it away for the winter. I hope everyone gets theirs soon.

my wife and I use about 2k rounds of various ammunition per month. I reload. Right now all of the suppliers and wholesalers cannot supply powder, primers, and high end projectiles. The manufacturers are telling them at least another 18-24 months before they can catch up. No back orders allowed right now.

Wanted a GMC AT4 2500 HD truck. My dealer has had 6 on order since December. Not one has showed up yet....

good luck to all and pray people go back to work to get the full supply chain back up and running.

channum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
😂 that is funny... and very true. 2021 will Covid Edition Boats meaning the scarcity of them should increase the value by at least 5% I would think.

Good info and updates - I agree the dealers are getting hammered for things completely outside their knowledge or control. At least it sounds like Yamaha has a plan - finish what they started to build and start a new in 2022.
Hey everyone. I put down a deposit on a 255xd in late January with an expectation of 12-14 weeks to delivery. As you might guess, the boat has not come in and now they are saying late June. This is prime time down here in the Carolinas. If it gets into July do you think I should just take the 2021 when it comes or just move the deposit to a 2022 model? My 3 kids go back to college in early to mid August so....The good news is that I still have our tri toon to use until trade in time, and a wave runner that we ordered last September that came in April. Thanks for any guidance.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I put down a deposit on a 255xd in late January with an expectation of 12-14 weeks to delivery. As you might guess, the boat has not come in and now they are saying late June. This is prime time down here in the Carolinas. If it gets into July do you think I should just take the 2021 when it comes or just move the deposit to a 2022 model? My 3 kids go back to college in early to mid August so....The good news is that I still have our tri toon to use until trade in time, and a wave runner that we ordered last September that came in April. Thanks for any guidance.
Man, that’s hard to say! If you pass on the 21 then you’re not getting one this season. You have a tritoon and WaveRunner so I might just wait until next year. You’d be getting a year newer and hopefully they worked out the kinks. On the downside they might raise the prices and who knows how many people might be in front of you. Maybe put in an order for a 2022 now and then see what happens (provided the deposit is refundable). I always wonder about the new paint. Some years Yamaha nails it and other years you’re scratching your head. I absolutely love the black and baby blue on the 255!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder when they put the Hull ID on a boat. Could they just call them 22's? Not sure how the coloring and paint process goes, if it is baked in or just put over the top.
The color is in the gel coat. It is sprayed in the mold and then the hull is popped out of the mold.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I th
The color is in the gel coat. It is sprayed in the mold and then the hull is popped out of the mold.
I think Yamaha has stopped using gel coat for color. I think they just now paint it! (They got a little cheap). They started doing this on their waverunners years ago and are now doing it on the boats.