• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Current Orders, Deliveries and 2022 Model Startup

ryanfromokc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Same here.
Good Afternoon,

To clarify, are these from a new round of Yamaha cutting delivery or is this from two weeks ago? Did either of you check with your dealer two weeks ago to see if your boat made that cut from the Yamaha Letter. Trying to figure out if we have another round of cuts. Haven't spoke to my dealer in two weeks on my SX195.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Got the call on Saturday that my 21 AR195 was cancelled. They offered to refund my deposit or put me in line for a 2022 so I just kept my spot. Hopefully I'll have a shiny new toy to stare at in the garage this winter.
Well hopefully the will have all the QC issues taken care of when the 22's come out.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Good Afternoon,

To clarify, are these from a new round of Yamaha cutting delivery or is this from two weeks ago? Did either of you check with your dealer two weeks ago to see if your boat made that cut from the Yamaha Letter. Trying to figure out if we have another round of cuts. Haven't spoke to my dealer in two weeks on my SX195.
We are on the 2022 waitlist.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They would never paint the boats. Because its not an in mold process, painting on frp would be too unproductive for a production line like yamaha. Even painted boats need to come out of the mold in gelcoat. Gel is then sanded down, epoxy primed and painted. Then of course that needs to sanded and buffed when its done. Paint is far better than gel but way too expensive of a process for a production boat company. It will never happen.
Agree, I don't think Yam would ever paint their boats and from what I can tell, the gel seems pretty thin anyway. Not that I was expecting premium level gel coating.

Now when I think painted boat, I think Imron paint and Formula! Outta my price range currently, but beautiful finishes. 🤑

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Agree, I don't think Yam would ever paint their boats and from what I can tell, the gel seems pretty thin anyway. Not that I was expecting premium level gel coating.

Now when I think painted boat, I think Imron paint and Formula! Outta my price range currently, but beautiful finishes. 🤑
Idk what it is but the black on my 252 scratches extremely easy. Where my bumpers sit it is really scratched up.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Idk what it is but the black on my 252 scratches extremely easy. Where my bumpers sit it is really scratched up.
I was worried about this with my black/green AR250 on the jet dock but honestly driving up on the jet dock has not scratched a thing... working out great. I have pulled it and checked it twice - I installed a center line flag on the jet dock to help line me up better driving up and that really has helped as well keep me straight.

Are your bumpers rubbing back and forth constantly? Is your boat wet slipped? If I was wet slipping (and not on a lift) I would use mooring whips to keep the boat off the dock as much as possible and not rely on the bumpers. If it is surface scratches I am sure you can buff them out easy enough.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
gelcoat is generally a hard material but it also scratches very easily....all brands. if you have ever sanded gel compared to paint you can tell instantly. good thing is because of that it also buffs out very easily. black or dark color gel is always going to really tough and show scratches and dull spots from fenders or lines rubbing. i always keep nice fleece fender covers on my fenders. a plain vinyl fender will always dull out gel super quick/

as for the gel being thin....dont think that thats yamaha cheaping out. you dont want gel to be thick. gel is brittle and if you have anything fiberglass and the gel is too thick then its going to stress crack super easy anywhere the boat flexes. the gel really only needs to be thick enough so it covers 100%. too thin and it will wrinkle in the mold when you layup the glass, too thick and you have cracking down the road. there is a thickness spec it needs to be in.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Fleece fender covers? Where?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
fender covers are available almost anywhere. they are usually made specifically for the fender you have. alot of places online that specialize in custom ones too where the boat name is embroidered into them. all kinds of good stuff lol. i got mine here..... the brand i got was fenda-sox. they are really nice and thick. much better than the thin spandex type ones i had on my last boat.

IMG_9729.jpg

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We put a deposit down on an AR250 on April 30 and our dealer told us They would find out pricing and color options in June sometime. I'm seeing a couple dealers with 2022 models posted but only 1 was the 250. I'm guessing they are using old pictures from prior years. We were told the 2022 model boats would begin arriving in August straight thru the end of the year.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are correct. All dealers get info at the same time. They have only a guess when 2022 will start to arrive. Those being told july, are most likely being misled, midbto end of august would be the best bet.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We put a deposit down on an AR250 on April 30 and our dealer told us They would find out pricing and color options in June sometime. I'm seeing a couple dealers with 2022 models posted but only 1 was the 250. I'm guessing they are using old pictures from prior years. We were told the 2022 model boats would begin arriving in August straight thru the end of the year.
Was this April 30, 2020 or 2021?

TRSmudge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
All of the automotive and boating production issues are crazy right now. None of the car dealers have any new cars (at least hat people want). And obviously the boating industry is having the same issues. What a mess, and I feel bad for the dealers and those who work there. I did a preorder for a 2022 212 in late March of this year, I’m told I have slot #1 for that model with my dealer. It will be interesting to see what the dealers do with all of the unfortunate people who ordered a 2021 and recently got canceled…

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are correct. All dealers get info at the same time. They have only a guess when 2022 will start to arrive. Those being told july, are most likely being misled, midbto end of august would be the best bet.
Being is SE PA its gonna be a tough choice in whether to even bother putting the boat in the water this year and then having to winterize it if it comes late august or early September. Might just tell the dealer to keep it there for the winter and have it for the spring which I'd hate having to do but maybe its for the best???

Force15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This morning I went to my Yamaha Dealer to inspect a new boat for another member here on the forum. They are coming quite some distance to pick it up in the next couple days and they wanted me to make sure the majority of it is up to par. It is a 195. None the less, Everything looked fantastic and they did a great job in prepping the boat. I was quite thorough with cosmetics, latches, hoses, fit and finish, marring, trailer setup and all including gear and cushions as well as other things. Checked everything I have found issue with on my boat as well as possible and things that have been popping up on this forum.

Anyhow, I was talking to them and it was indicated that Yamaha just today was announcing more cuts to orders roughly another 30%. It appears as though if the boat isn't being built it is not going to be. They are going to be in the mode of finishing boats they have mostly built and changing over to the new model year which should start showing up mid to late August at dealerships. Dealers hope it will be sooner, but not really believing that will happen. Further cuts are anticipated over the next couple weeks. No further information and just possible rumors of potential 21' footer changes. People are calling him every couple/few days for an update, but Yamaha is not giving him a lot of information. Consumers are getting very angry with the dealer, BUT THE DEALER DOESN'T BUILD THE BOATS! As mentioned in other threads, he knows when they show up. With Jet Ski's they can actually track them better through the system.

This is a once in a lifetime if not more event that has occurred. Not everyone will get what they want, but It would be great to show some courtesy for things beyond the Dealers Control.

Jet Ski's are getting hit a bit harder, with cut backs.

The Dealership has everything sold in the showroom, on order and in inventory that floats. Picked up an O'Brien Single Rider Tube for the kids to try and get them to forget about the Super HD Mable that I hate blowing up.

We also discussed sales in General, and a lot of Dealerships are hurting because their projected inventory has been slashed 50% or more.
Thanks for the update. I got word yesterday my dealer that my boat will arrive 8 June. Do you have a good delivery checklist? What are the most important 10-12 things to check? I am getting a sea trial, too. So I will want to check before and after.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
All of the automotive and boating production issues are crazy right now. None of the car dealers have any new cars (at least hat people want). And obviously the boating industry is having the same issues. What a mess, and I feel bad for the dealers and those who work there. I did a preorder for a 2022 212 in late March of this year, I’m told I have slot #1 for that model with my dealer. It will be interesting to see what the dealers do with all of the unfortunate people who ordered a 2021 and recently got canceled…
That's good news because there was speculation the 21 footers were going away after 2021.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The preorder means not much on the 21 footer. The dealers did the same thing with 24' footers and preorders last year and they discontinued them and went to 25' footers. When announced.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
April 30 2021 for a 2022 model year AR 250
Well that is good news for you and I if that actually happens. I'd love to get the boat in august. I live in central Ohio and I would probably at least try break it in depending on the weather. That way come next season we can just grip it and rip it.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The preorder means not much on the 21 footer. The dealers did the same thing with 24' footers and preorders last year and they discontinued them and went to 25' footers. When announced.
Hopefully you're quoting from the lake?