• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Owners Pics

JackinHS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not the best picture, but standing ready to fall in behind its Tesla tow buddy. Anyone else towing with electric vehicle?

Attachments

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not the best picture, but standing ready to fall in behind its Tesla tow buddy. Anyone else towing with electric vehicle?
Not yet - but my 07 Tundra has 157K on it, so in about 2 years I'm planning on at least a new Tundra Hybrid, or possibly a Tesla or Rivian Truck.

I do have good electric service and great southern exposure at the lake, so a net meter and a nice solar array are in the long term plans along with the vehicle would be ideal.

Can you imagine an electric jet boat!!?

Oscarss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up a 21’ AR190
And let me tell you, she is a turtle at 6500 feet above sea level, 14mph max speed with 7 passengers and a cooler.
Brought it back home to a local lake and hit 37mph with the same load.

Attachments

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Picked up a 21’ AR190
And let me tell you, she is a turtle at 6500 feet above sea level, 14mph max speed with 7 passengers and a cooler.
Brought it back home to a local lake and hit 37mph with the same load.
Seems a little slow. My old 2 stroke SeaDoo would easily do that. I know some say power doesn’t matter. I don’t agree; IMO if buying new always go with the most power offered. Pretty boat though!!

Last edited:

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does seem slow - my new AR195 had up to 44 with 5, cooler and all supplies with a full tank of gas. Water was like glass though

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Keep in mind if you have weight in the bow the speed will drop dramatically.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does seem slow - my new AR195 had up to 44 with 5, cooler and all supplies with a full tank of gas. Water was like glass though
Keep in mind the only cure for elevation is superchargers or turbos.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not a jet boat, Ski Nautique does offer the GS22E fully electric wake boat--it'll only set you back $300K!

JackinHS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not yet - but my 07 Tundra has 157K on it, so in about 2 years I'm planning on at least a new Tundra Hybrid, or possibly a Tesla or Rivian Truck.

I do have good electric service and great southern exposure at the lake, so a net meter and a nice solar array are in the long term plans along with the vehicle would be ideal.

I've been all in on electric now for 5 years - solar panels, cars, even bikes. There ultimately will be an electric boat. There is one Canadian company already doing an electric jetski named the Orca (and it kind of looks like a killer whale). One reason I got the AR195 was that my Tesla has a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. The Cybertruck is next and will have a towing capacity of 15,000 pounds. It'll haul any boat that I would want to put on a fresh water lake.

Check out the Orca: Orca Electric PWC - Taiga Motors

Smitty244

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Starting to wonder if the only picture of my sx195 that I will get this year are the ones on google 🙄🙄🙄🙄.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finally saw a picture of a 250 with the tower folded. It sits way above the window so Yamaha specs with the tower folded on the trailer makes sense.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the ar250 bimini is a bit larger than the ar240

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I originally ordered the sx195 and it still has not come in. I swapped my deposit to the ar195 that came in and already had the 10 hour service done. It is taking forever for those for some reason.
Starting to wonder if the only picture of my sx195 that I will get this year are the ones on google 🙄🙄🙄🙄.