• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Owners Pics

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are all 6 speakers 6.5” I have a 212SE on order and trying to plan out speaker upgrades. Any info would be great. Thanks
Yes, they are all 6.5” you might be able to get 7.7” depending on the opening. Not sure if the 212 has room for them or not. What are you looking to replace them with?

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Are all 6 speakers 6.5” I have a 212SE on order and trying to plan out speaker upgrades. Any info would be great. Thanks
Yes minus the swim deck. Those are smaller.

maokuma

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes, they are all 6.5” you might be able to get 7.7” depending on the opening. Not sure if the 212 has room for them or not. What are you looking to replace them with?
I was thinking REVO wetsundo or JL audio M6‘s.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was thinking REVO wetsundo or JL audio M6‘s.
Check on availability of the JL if you are in a hurry. I been waiting 2 months on the M6 from my shop to install they can’t get any in. Should be soon tho.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m torn between M3s and M6s. I think I can get 7.7s in the middle of the 25ft series but trying to figure out if the M6 are worth the price over the M3s. As far as sub I’m thinking M6 10 inch or M7 12. Would a 12 be a little much?

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’m torn between M3s and M6s. I think I can get 7.7s in the middle of the 25ft series but trying to figure out if the M6 are worth the price over the M3s. As far as sub I’m thinking M6 10 inch or M7 12. Would a 12 be a little much?
To much for me or the ladies? Lol. All relative to what your pushing it with and who’s listening if you ask me. Plenty of room in the middle there for 7.7. I’m putting 8 “ subs in the middle of my 19. If they ever show up. Do it right the first time.

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Funny, when I was younger everyone thought you should have two smaller subs (8“ or 10”) I got one 12 and was not disappointed.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lieutenant SCP1, nothing “funny”. From the acoustic side of music and being a Bass player the two 8” or 10” makes better sense than one larger sub.
You have more surface area to push out the lows along with two voice coil drivers. Even Joe Walsh stated on an Eagles documentary the best sounds he put out came out of 8” speakers. Now look at guitar/bass amps. The best amps for guitar have 8”r’s and bass either multiple 8’s or 10’s.
The medium is $money$ and economical reality.
One has to do their homework just like “WE” did getting our boats. The manufacturers know this that’s why they capitalize and get away with less than desirable sound equipment (resale to upgrade, they got their money’s worth...phooey).

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Lieutenant SCP1, nothing “funny”. From the acoustic side of music and being a Bass player the two 8” or 10” makes better sense than one larger sub.
You have more surface area to push out the lows along with two voice coil drivers. Even Joe Walsh stated on an Eagles documentary the best sounds he put out came out of 8” speakers. Now look at guitar/bass amps. The best amps for guitar have 8”r’s and bass either multiple 8’s or 10’s.
The medium is $money$ and economical reality.
One has to do their homework just like “WE” did getting our boats. The manufacturers know this that’s why they capitalize and get away with less than desirable sound equipment (resale to upgrade, they got their money’s worth...phooey).
I agree a 100% that 2 would be better, just saying for my level I was more than pleased with one 12”.

maokuma

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes minus the swim deck. Those are smaller.
Thanks, do you know the size of the tubing on the tower? I am trying to figure out what tower speaker clamp size I’ll need. Thanks

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should get another set of poles with the cover, however they are the same thing. Keep in mind it's best to tow without the poles, poles should be used when sitting to prevent standing water on the cover.
Disagree- the poles keep everything tight, tow without them the cover will be flapping around. Or maybe it’s different with your model. Been towing with the poles up for 14 years with this old girl and never had a problem
4074EAE4-01A9-4D31-83E7-E52C4FA8813F.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Disagree- the poles keep everything tight, tow without them the cover will be flapping around. Or maybe it’s different with your model. Been towing with the poles up for 14 years with this old girl and never had a problem
View attachment 136338
I was once in the same group of towing with the poles up, however with the Yamaha covers this group has convinced me to go pole less. If you look there are a bunch of threads on this.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Do you think 6.5”s would fit on the swim deck?
The fiberglass is formed around at least 1/3 of the opening for the stock speaker and it looks to be a mostly curved surface. One would need to remove the stock speaker and play with some templates to tell. You can barely see it in this picture around the 4:00 position. Anything is possible with imagination and money!
tempImageYIHHxg.jpg