• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Owners Pics

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
For those with a 212 S/SE/SD, and with more knowledge about stereos than me, would it be possible to entirely disconnect the stereo from the Connect screen and install a head unit where the cell phone holder currently is? While the cell holder is nice, I would much rather have a functional stereo that is easy to control on the fly. Working the stereo controls into the Connect system honestly seems like too much work and too many button presses in order to do anything with it. I would rather have a traditional head unit installed next to it and also replace the remote unit on the swim deck with a better remote unit. Would it be possible to just bypass the Connect system altogether and just use the Connect for the other functions?

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
For those with a 212 S/SE/SD, and with more knowledge about stereos than me, would it be possible to entirely disconnect the stereo from the Connect screen and install a head unit where the cell phone holder currently is? While the cell holder is nice, I would much rather have a functional stereo that is easy to control on the fly. Working the stereo controls into the Connect system honestly seems like too much work and too many button presses in order to do anything with it. I would rather have a traditional head unit installed next to it and also replace the remote unit on the swim deck with a better remote unit. Would it be possible to just bypass the Connect system altogether and just use the Connect for the other functions?
From my understanding it should be possible with the 212SE/SD. As long as the stock amp is not some proprietary model, you should be able to run straight from the deck to the amp. If its propriety, you would need to replace the amp.

As far as the 212S, my understanding is that the fusion head unit (the brains) is mounted on the swim deck. I would see if Fusion has a remote that can be mounted where you want in the cockpit. In theory it would be easier to run one wire to that remote unit. If you wanted the true head unit to be at the cockpit and remote on the swim deck, it would be a lot of unnecessary work with moving wires around.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
From my understanding it should be possible with the 212SE/SD. As long as the stock amp is not some proprietary model, you should be able to run straight from the deck to the amp. If its propriety, you would need to replace the amp.

As far as the 212S, my understanding is that the fusion head unit (the brains) is mounted on the swim deck. I would see if Fusion has a remote that can be mounted where you want in the cockpit. In theory it would be easier to run one wire to that remote unit. If you wanted the true head unit to be at the cockpit and remote on the swim deck, it would be a lot of unnecessary work with moving wires around.
from what I can tell, the Fusion MS-RA70N head unit is the one in the swim deck and the Connext system is a remote control. I think you would end up re-wiring the speakers, which you may want to do anyways.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
from what I can tell, the Fusion MS-RA70N head unit is the one in the swim deck and the Connext system is a remote control. I think you would end up re-wiring the speakers, which you may want to do anyways.
That is my understanding except for the SE/SD which like the 25 foots boats are running a new system where both the stern control and the Connext are simply remotes with the control unit mounted in a different location. Similar to the BOSE systems in vehicles.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

On the 212s that sounds right. Seems like an easy change to leave the Fusion head unit and add a remote at the helm. From my understanding they sell a very nice wireless, water-proof remote for the Fusion head unit. I had a the new 21/s, but I don’t mind using the Connext for stereo controls.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did it on my recent build. Removed the stock fusion head unit on the swim deck and placed a custom one off name plate cover over it to fill the hole. From there we removed the stock amps and all stock speakers and in turn served the system from connext. Doing this does NOT throw any alarms. We replaced the stock fusion head unit with the Wet Sounds MC-1 head unit and mounted in the area of the cell phone holder on our 2019 242SE. You can easily mount that head unit on the new models as it is just the flat screen. There is a separate brain for the system that you can mount in the area directly under the helm. Hope this helps.

Smitty244

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maiden voyage today. All good but some annoying rattle type noice from engine or engine compartment. Anyone else ever notice that type of sound with the svho?43443551-BBE2-49DD-A035-68F10BA4EFD1.jpeg

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check on availability of the JL if you are in a hurry. I been waiting 2 months on the M6 from my shop to install they can’t get any in. Should be soon tho.
they are buying from the wrong source, i ordered led ring from wetsound the didnt have em but creative audio did they also have the m6's

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maiden voyage today. All good but some annoying rattle type noice from engine or engine compartment. Anyone else ever notice that type of sound with the svho?View attachment 136716
Can you record it next time out. Might help us verify it

Smitty244

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately that won’t be until April now. NE Ohio had a couple of nice days but back to reality and have to winterize it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately that won’t be until April now. NE Ohio had a couple of nice days but back to reality and have to winterize it.
If it is in fact a probem, i would want to have it fixed over the winter instead of waiting till spring then having it at the dealer when you have been dreaming to take it out all winter

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maiden voyage today. All good but some annoying rattle type noice from engine or engine compartment. Anyone else ever notice that type of sound with the svho?View attachment 136716
Was it while you were in no wake mode ? There is a well documented drone while in no wake mode ? My AR 240 sounds like a freight train at about 3000 rpm...its so bad me and my wife joke about it everytime we head out..but once you get above a certain rpm its fine , im sure you are still breaking it in and havent been able to get above a certain rpm

Last edited:

Smitty244

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No it wasn’t in no wake mode. I watched a YouTube video of one idling and it sounded exactly the same so must be normal. I was told 1.5 hours before going above 5,000 rpm. I waited 1.3 and couldn’t take it anymore lol. Had to see what it had. Runs pretty good