• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 yamaha recall

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If the recall can be a visual inspection that takes a few minutes then I'm pretty confident that it can be done by the owner. I pulled up the carpet, unscrewed the cap, lifted it out of the way and had a good look around. I know a fuel pump when I see one. And it clearly wasn't dislodged, damaged or compromised in any way. I buttoned her back up and called it good. My dealer is a trip to hell and back... 2X.
I would contact Yamaha and send pic so any issue in the future they can’t deny your warranty. My dealer sent them pic of the pump after inspection

JESFromASC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems like a hard thing to screw up. Perhaps they simply used the wrong bolts on some of the installs?

Jim
If it was "dislodged during assembly" as stated in the recall notice that would mean it would show serious signs of external visual damage. I can certainly see how it could happen but it also seems that it should be pretty obvious if there is a problem. Not to mention the smell of gasoline all the time?

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
still no letter, but they just sent me a survey to fill out...🤔

PapaT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Spoke with customer service at Yamaha and got a lot of sympathy. Situation similar to others on this thread. Trailer in one location, boat on a lift in another location and no vehicle to tow. Dealer won't send tech to inspect and wants $350 to transport to their shop. (Yamaha sympathetic but "will be at your expense"). Like others, I would like to do the inspection. My assumption is that if the pimple on the top of the fuel pump is visible, the pump is properly positioned and sealed. Can anyone verify this? Image attachedPump photo edit.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would have it inspected just in case. If you don't and something goes awry it wouldn't be good.

Alfred58

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just took my boat to the dealer. Boat is good, they told me none of the boats they have checked, have had an issue. Still, everybody that gets the recall should take it to be checked.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Ours was properly installed. Glad I took it in just to be sure.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No letter still... just have to bring it by they say. Interesting, makes me wonder if its certain lots or builds built in a certain batch or at the same time by one person.

AdamK195S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm wondering if there is a second order effect with this recall? Does anyone else have a slow response fuel gage, mine goes from 100% full then drops to 85% or less, there is no 99%, 98%, 97% and so forth, it just drops suddenly? I have an appointment this Saturday to determine the recall issues and see if my sending unit is bad as well.
I have the 22 195s. Second time I filled it I took it out for 2-2.5 hours. Fuels on the connext still reads 100%. Have you had any luck finding out if there’s a fix or if it needs to be brought in for service?

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I cannot get a good answer from Yamaha. The dealer thinks it's the Connext system, and not the fuel tank or float. It's obvious, Yamaha does NOT have the same quality control for jetboats as they do for outboards. I'm pissed I cannot hook up a NMEA 2000 system from my jetboat to my Garmin for engine monitoring, as with their outboard line. NOT to mention that Yamaha jetboats DO NOT have an engine temp gage in the Connext display, but the outboard engines all have that as a standard option!?! WTF YAMAHA?

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have the 22 195s. Second time I filled it I took it out for 2-2.5 hours. Fuels on the connext still reads 100%. Have you had any luck finding out if there’s a fix or if it needs to be brought in for service?
They all do this. Nothing nothing nothing nothing and then you have a half tank real quick. I monitor now using the trip screen.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cannot get a good answer from Yamaha. The dealer thinks it's the Connext system, and not the fuel tank or float. It's obvious, Yamaha does NOT have the same quality control for jetboats as they do for outboards. I'm pissed I cannot hook up a NMEA 2000 system from my jetboat to my Garmin for engine monitoring, as with their outboard line. NOT to mention that Yamaha jetboats DO NOT have an engine temp gage in the Connext display, but the outboard engines all have that as a standard option!?! WTF YAMAHA?
Would solve a lot of things if they were NMEA 2000 system fully compatible.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I reached out to my local dealer Highway Marine, they didn't know of anything yet but they are looking into it as well

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Would solve a lot of things if they were NMEA 2000 system fully compatible.
I suppose that's partly the reason these boats are much less expensive than the outboards and IOs versions.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I’ve noticed some issues with my fuel guage as well. It was reading 33% so I went to the dock and it only took 11 gal. I’m assuming the inaccurate readings are due to the update rate of the connext system. The battery voltage readings are bogus due to a voltage drop or CAN issue. I’ve never seen anything above 12.3 on the screen, but the batteries show 12.8 with a DVOM. I’m going to install remote voltmeters.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, it appears the Yamaha Connex system is garbage and Yamaha boat owners need legal representation as a significant safety concern, and after numerous calls to Yamaha its apparent, they don't care.

Rockit69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
They all do this. Nothing nothing nothing nothing and then you have a half tank real quick. I monitor now using the trip screen.
I have a 2022 195s and took it out for the first time yesterday and ran it for about 3-1/2 hours and the connext still reads 100%. Getting it to the dealer is a long drive and major hassle, I may just pull the floor out and get a look at the tank for my own piece of mind. So far, not exactly impressed with the connext.

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I will wait for my letter to come in the mail, 2022 SX195. If I receive it, I will post in the thread