• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 yamaha recall

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got a call from my dealer about a recall regarding fuel pump getting dislodged in the tank and causing spills. They want me to drop the boat and leave it at the dealership. So the question is, does anyone else got a call from your dealer? and did anyone have fuel pump dislodged that may have caused this recall?
I received the same letter as above. However, no one called me from the dealer? I have a 2021 195 Sport FSH since January and find it outrageous that Yamaha is only now realizing that the fuel pump may be improperly installed?!? Barney's of St Pete FL says I cant take it home if my fuel pump requires repair...with no expectation of parts on hand or ETR...we'll see about that! When I attempted to contact Yamaha by phone, I received a recording stating everyone was in training and to call back later?!!? WTFO??? Love my boat but will never do business with Barney's or Yamah again!

Matt_D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I received the same letter yesterday. I’m thinking the sooner I get it in the better chance of having it not interrupt my May boating plans. But she’s all put away now!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I received the same letter as above. However, no one called me from the dealer? I have a 2021 195 Sport FSH since January and find it outrageous that Yamaha is only now realizing that the fuel pump may be improperly installed?!? Barney's of St Pete FL says I cant take it home if my fuel pump requires repair...with no expectation of parts on hand or ETR...we'll see about that! When I attempted to contact Yamaha by phone, I received a recording stating everyone was in training and to call back later?!!? WTFO??? Love my boat but will never do business with Barney's or Yamah again!
Not sure how it would be the dealers fault that no parts are available. Unless your whole experience with them was sub par, I wouldn't place the blame on them

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you weren't happy with your dealership from the beginning, for some reason. With some time, rereading, and thought, there are reasonable answers to the questions and points you posted. It doesn't seem like you're in a state of mind to hear them - and for understandable reasons right now.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received the same letter yesterday. I’m thinking the sooner I get it in the better chance of having it not interrupt my May boating plans. But she’s all put away now!
If I were in your situation, I would go get your boat. Tell them you have a recall letter, tell them it concerns the fuel system, and potential damages, and emphasize that they will be responsible for any damage to anyone else's boat if you are not allowed to remove it for repairs and something happens after you notified them of the possibility of hazards or problems.

If it's something other than the storage owners...

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I dropped mine off this morning, I gave specific instruction, if it requires repair/replacement, do not disassemble anything if you dont have the parts. It's written in my workorder which they gave me a copy. I told them I will take my boat back if they need to wait for parts and drop it off again when they have the parts ready. I will keep you posted, hopefully its just an inspection and they will tell me my boat is OK.

Also a bunch of yamaha in the yard with florida registration, not sure if its all related to recall or just getting regular service.

zackmorris

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure how it would be the dealers fault that no parts are available. Unless your whole experience with them was sub par, I wouldn't place the blame on them
Sounds like he's mad that they would refuse to let him take the boat if it needed parts (and they couldn't give an ETA on the parts)

I completely agree with that. I'd rather the boat sit in my storage than at the dealer lot with no ETA.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My concerns are from experience with this dealer. Not to mention, according to Yamaha, the dealers were suppose to notify owners long before the letter went out. I found a new dealer that claims no parts are necessary as this issue is an inspection and/or reinstall. The job should take less than an hour.

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its both Yamaha and the dealer. If your going to inform owners that their boat could blow up if the problem is not repaired, then they should be fully prepared to fix the issue immediately! Its called safety and common sense...

JESFromASC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know the location of the fuel pump in question on the 2021 SX 195? I'd rather just look for myself and take it from there. My dealer isn't exactly a fun trip for me, especially when it is such a broad recall notice. Thanks

Charnldc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The mechanic I spoke to said its near the fuel tank, but was not specific. Something about this device getting dislodged and leaking fuel? However, I have never smelled any fuel, the tech said that was a good sign that my boat is ok and should pass inspection, we shall see?!?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone know the location of the fuel pump in question on the 2021 SX 195? I'd rather just look for myself and take it from there. My dealer isn't exactly a fun trip for me, especially when it is such a broad recall notice. Thanks
If you can pull through a dealer it is probably good so if something leaked Yamaha cannot decline warranty in the future. fuel pump is installed on top of the tank it is easily viewed if you remove the cover in my boat it’s where I stand at the helm

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just curious, but how is the fuel pump installed to the top of the tank? Is there a thread fitting or something else?

Jim

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good news, dealer just left a voicemail the inspection is done and I can pickup my boat. Did not mention any repair done.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
so can we just look and see? if it has not moved is it ok? would it be moved?

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just got the letter - no call. My boat is located in remote location about 5 hours from my dealer.

I'll probably wait until spring I guess I'm in Montana the boat is staying in the heated garage for the winter. What a pain in the ass

Last edited:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I spoke with service writer they inspected my fuel pump, it looks good and they sent picture to Yamaha for proof.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's what I was hoping for...a pic or detail but they prob won't sign off on any future problems if it's done anywhere else but a dealer in sure.

My guy was certified Yamaha mech and worked at a dealer but now just works out of his own garage and I pay him extra to drive two hours round trip to come service my boat in my garage.

I'm gonna have to tow to CDA Idaho now just to get it looked at! Oh well good excuse to get it out somewhere else this next season I guess...