• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 yamaha recall

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got a call from my dealer about a recall regarding fuel pump getting dislodged in the tank and causing spills. They want me to drop the boat and leave it at the dealership. So the question is, does anyone else got a call from your dealer? and did anyone have fuel pump dislodged that may have caused this recall?

Matt_D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2021 SX-190 and I have not received such a call. I'll be sure to reply again if I do.

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same, same.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the dealer told me the recall is B2021-0034 and I should be getting an email or snail mail from Yamaha. Until I get that from Yamaha I will hold on bringing my boat in.

HFD928

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What model boat do you guys have that have received the call?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i have 190FSH Sport looks like Bullhead got SX195

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
No calls out of Jax. Or will they call? Prob just get a letter in the mail like all other recalls

bullheadedgoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I guess I'm going to drop mine off at Wedowee Marine Saturday. It was time for the 10-hour service anyway.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the dealer told me the recall is B2021-0034 and I should be getting an email or snail mail from Yamaha. Until I get that from Yamaha I will hold on bringing my boat in.
Unless you planned to use your boat, I would be inclined to go against that strategy, even though I'm the same way (don't want to drop my boat off unless/until absolutely necessary). With the issues of getting some parts and timeframes having to wait, you might be better off getting it in sooner rather than later. What if you're the 5th boat that comes in for warranty work, but they just replaced the last part they had on hand on the 4th boat that came in, and now they have to wait for more parts...

I'd be looking on Yamaha's website or trying to track down more info on the recall from Yamaha, at the very least.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless you planned to use your boat, I would be inclined to go against that strategy, even though I'm the same way (don't want to drop my boat off unless/until absolutely necessary). With the issues of getting some parts and timeframes having to wait, you might be better off getting it in sooner rather than later. What if you're the 5th boat that comes in for warranty work, but they just replaced the last part they had on hand on the 4th boat that came in, and now they have to wait for more parts...

I'd be looking on Yamaha's website or trying to track down more info on the recall from Yamaha, at the very least.
They told me, they would only do inspection of the pump. But I hear you, if any fix they need to do I better off the first one to get an order in! I will likely drop my boat Saturday.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Just got a call from my dealer about a recall regarding fuel pump getting dislodged in the tank and causing spills. They want me to drop the boat and leave it at the dealership. So the question is, does anyone else got a call from your dealer? and did anyone have fuel pump dislodged that may have caused this recall?
No, and what model do you have?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
They told me, they would only do inspection of the pump. But I hear you, if any fix they need to do I better off the first one to get an order in! I will likely drop my boat Saturday.
You better hope the parts are not in a container somewhere…been waiting 6 months for impellers/wear rings

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You better hope the parts are not in a container somewhere…been waiting 6 months for impellers/wear rings
I hope not, maybe the way they installed the pump is the issue, they never said they will replace something, just inspect it. I will be disappointed in my Yamaha for the first time if I have to wait for parts lol. I have 190FSH sport