• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are yamahas being delivered alot more frequent this year? Or is it worse? I've been waiting awhile.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are yamahas being delivered alot more frequent this year? Or is it worse? I've been waiting awhile.
How long have you been waiting? Some people are getting boats with zero wait. Others have been on reservation lists since last winter. All depends on what you want and what the dealer's reservation list and allocations look like.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How long have you been waiting? Some people are getting boats with zero wait. Others have been on reservation lists since last winter. All depends on what you want and what the dealer's reservation list and allocations look like.
Beginning of March. I am just impatient lol but yeah I know it's a waiting game but was curious if it's any different than last year's slow year

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Haha yeah some people, especially on the Facebook groups, seem to think a few weeks is forever.
Oh yeah I've seen it! Crazy to see people get one after having the deposit down for 2 weeks... Frustrating

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh yeah I've seen it! Crazy to see people get one after having the deposit down for 2 weeks... Frustrating
I have to think the folks getting their boats in short time periods are just lucky. Most likely, they are getting a boat that someone else had reserved at a dealership and then canceled their order and the dealership then had a boat for their next customer. As there are virtually no factory options on these boats, people wouldn't know the difference (aside from color) if the boat they received was their order or someone else's.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is all it is. There are a lot of cancellations and people backing out. I got a call from dealer on a 25' FSH a couple days ago. Had it in and wanted to know if I wanted it. Original guy backed out. I had to pass. The timing is not right. He let me know he will call me on the next one he gets in and there was someone else who wanted it but gave me the option first.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is all it is. There are a lot of cancellations and people backing out. I got a call from dealer on a 25' FSH a couple days ago. Had it in and wanted to know if I wanted it. Original guy backed out. I had to pass. The timing is not right. He let me know he will call me on the next one he gets in and there was someone else who wanted it but gave me the option first.
Yeah I get it. Just frustrating to see people getting boats that soon when they only had been waiting for a week or 2. Thanks for explaining that

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I get it. Just frustrating to see people getting boats that soon when they only had been waiting for a week or 2. Thanks for explaining that
If you haven't received your boat yet, you may do well calling around, if you plan on using in the upcoming months. You could probably bounce into one.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you haven't received your boat yet, you may do well calling around, if you plan on using in the upcoming months. You could probably bounce into one.
Yeah I could but I'd lose my 1k deposit. It's no biggie just have the itch to be out on the water. Good news is Texas weather is boating weather almost year round

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you lose your deposit? Deposits are refundable.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Since the boat is ordered I'd lose my deposit according to them.
Which dealer? I waited 3 months from Phil Dills in Lewisville, didn't put a dime down.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Since the boat is ordered I'd lose my deposit according to them.
Pretty sure this is illegal, do you have a signed document outlining this?

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty sure this is illegal, do you have a signed document outlining this?
Just a receipt with my payment. So no not really. Just thought it was a normal thing.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just a receipt with my payment. So no not really. Just thought it was a normal thing.
Yeah without a T&C explaining the rules around the non-refundable I am nearly certain it is illegal. I would search around for a boat, if you find one then get your deposit back. No point in stirring the pot with the current dealer yet.

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Must be nice! Yamaha of San Antonio
I just picked up my 212XE from there last Friday. Ordered it in August. I got my deposit back from Ski Dock in Austin who couldn't tell me when I might get a boat.