• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just picked up my 212XE from there last Friday. Ordered it in August. I got my deposit back from Ski Dock in Austin who couldn't tell me when I might get a boat.
Congrats! Actually the same thing happened to me at Ski dock... Who did you work with in san antonio?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I went with Marine World in Waco instead of Ski Dock because Ski Dock never would respond to my inquiries. I guess they sell enough 250K wake boats to not bother.

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Congrats! Actually the same thing happened to me at Ski dock... Who did you work with in san antonio?
I worked with Chris Torres. He's the sales manager and was super helpful and always willing to explain the ordering/waiting process. I talked to every dealer in Texas and got different stories on how that works. I think that every dealer does it a bit differently honestly. San Antonio wouldn't even take a deposit when I called in June, but they said to check back in August. I called the day after the 22's were announced and got in on the order.

Gregvjr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Chris W - Congrats on your new 275SD (almost). When did you order it? Our boating season is effectively over now, so I'm actually hoping my dealer's "Spring 2022" is accurate and not be surprised with 'its arriving next week' type of call. I put my deposit down in August.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I worked with Chris Torres. He's the sales manager and was super helpful and always willing to explain the ordering/waiting process. I talked to every dealer in Texas and got different stories on how that works. I think that every dealer does it a bit differently honestly. San Antonio wouldn't even take a deposit when I called in June, but they said to check back in August. I called the day after the 22's were announced and got in on the order.
Yup I am working with the same person! Super friendly and helpful.
Which dealer? I waited 3 months from Phil Dills in Lewisville, didn't put a dime down.
I just call Phil Dills and they want $55k for a 195 FSH sport 😳 I can't believe anyone would pay that much.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

I just call Phil Dills and they want $55k for a 195 FSH sport 😳 I can't believe anyone would pay that much.
Holy crap that's a lot of money. I had to go on-line and double-check the MSRP, it is $41,099.

Jim

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Come to Canada, it's ridiculous here, My 2008 232 limited when new was tax in $49,000. I purchased it used with 65 hours in 2017 for $20,000, I was offered $30,000 for it this summer while at the fuel dock. A 2021 252 XD was $168,000 plus tax $193,000

sanjidasan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Hi! I'm thinking of buying my own boat, but I'm not sure about my decision yet. Can someone here advise me how much it costs to maintain a boat a year? What is it necessary to know and take into account when buying a boat? Perhaps you will recommend a boat model for a beginner. I have a little experience of sailing. I sometimes rent boats from miami boat rental for the weekend. And now I'm thinking about buying my own boat. But it is possible that continuing to rent for me will be a more profitable solution.

Last edited:

Sky9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
8 feet exactly. Boat fits with a few inches to spare. I removed the tower cables, and built brackets to hold the tower out of 1.5" wide 1/4 inch thick aluminum. 1/2" hole in each end, 17" on center. Pin the top into the tower with the factory pin (in the picture I had a bolt but the pin is way easier) and bolt the bottom to the bottom hole on the boat. Then loosen 2 bolts on each wakeboard rack and turn them down to clear. The whole process takes maybe 5 minutes.
View attachment 159591View attachment 159592View attachment 159593
So you had to modify the tower to get it lower I just purchased a 212SD and need to get into a 8 foot garage but the website says that the lower folded on the trailer is 8’4.8?? Does the tower come completely off at all to make it smaller???

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So you had to modify the tower to get it lower I just purchased a 212SD and need to get into a 8 foot garage but the website says that the lower folded on the trailer is 8’4.8?? Does the tower come completely off at all to make it smaller???
You just need to take the stops off, it will fit!

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yeah 14k markup... I am surprised they get away with that price.
I ordered a 195S in September '21. Still waiting for it. Paid $47k from dealer in Baltimore

surfcalavera

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I ordered a 195S in September '21. Still waiting for it. Paid $47k from dealer in Baltimore
Any idea when will arrive? I ordered mine (195S) in September 2021 as well (Miami, FL) and still waiting. Seems that the Sport Fish/Center Console models are starting to ship but I have no info about AR, SX and 195S models.

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So my dealer in Baltimore got 2 blue ones in already. I ordered black with grey interior. He said he has 2 of them coming, I’m 2nd in line. He says maybe March but probably April.
I can’t wait. Getting so jacked about it. It’s gonna snow up here tomorrow, so I do t really need it yet anyway.
May least that’s what I keep telling myself. Haha

surfcalavera

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So my dealer in Baltimore got 2 blue ones in already. I ordered black with grey interior. He said he has 2 of them coming, I’m 2nd in line. He says maybe March but probably April.
I can’t wait. Getting so jacked about it. It’s gonna snow up here tomorrow, so I do t really need it yet anyway.
May least that’s what I keep telling myself. Haha
Hope you get it in March. I was told a month ago that I should get it in no more than 90 days, so yes March-April, fingers cross!

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’ll definitely keep you posted. You do the same.
what color did you order?

FlyFish88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Any idea when will arrive? I ordered mine (195S) in September 2021 as well (Miami, FL) and still waiting. Seems that the Sport Fish/Center Console models are starting to ship but I have no info about AR, SX and 195S models.
I ordered my blue 195S at a dealer in TN in September '21. Just received the phone call last Tuesday that it had arrived, and as of this past Saturday it is now happily sitting in my garage. I had actually called for an update 2.5 weeks prior and was told it was scheduled for shipping. The dealer is only 2 hours away from the factory. Seems like they are scheduling them for delivery, just having to still wait on available trucks and drivers

Definitely worth the wait! Now if the weather would just cooperate!