• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Yamaha Wish List

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
It could allow access to all the ECU data like hours, temps, flow rates, etc. that could be displayed on an MFD like a Garmin or Raymarine chartplotter.
aaaah. i see i see. that would be nice to have

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
aaaah. i see i see. that would be nice to have
Also, you could do a Third Party Screen replacement for the dash integrate all sorts of other things in the boat that would be pretty cool. With the information accessible soooo much could be possible to customize what you want.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Also, you could do a Third Party Screen replacement for the dash integrate all sorts of other things in the boat that would be pretty cool. With the information accessible soooo much could be possible to customize what you want.
i want to control my jet fighter hardtop wake tower lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The problem is, Yamaha could add everything on our wishlist. Then everyone would complain the price of the boat went up.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The problem is, Yamaha could add everything on our wishlist. Then everyone would complain the price of the boat went up.
Lol, the price is going up anyways. At the end of the day the trailer issues just piss me off as I’m not saving money throwing away new junk and buying stuff that should of been included. Guaranteed they could of done it from the factory and not costed me as much. Oh and I almost forgot about the anchor locker drain, that is just non sense. The rest of the stuff I totally agree with you on. At the end of the day I feel that Yamaha is losing their great price point. If it wasn’t for primarily boating on a river and pulling up to the beach I would totally be buying a wake boat. At the end of the day they are going to have to knock it out of the park or I’m keeping my 212.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How about setting the trailer to the correct tongue weight within reason.
Owners shouldn't have to adjust their setup.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any thoughts on what may be coming this summer? Roughly two months before we find out?

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Late to the party, but I am 100% with the folks that want a tower that can be easily managed by one person. We have a very low bridge we have to go under, and with our 2015, its unscrewing 2 knobs that are full of grease, pushing forward the 2 lower brackets and gently lowering the tower. Then be hopeful you don't have it slip, as it will punctures the tops of your setbacks, as we sadly found out. Electrical/mechanical would be great, but I am assuming there isn't a huge demand for it, hence not pursuing it. The higher end boats have it, and I know Chaparral had it at one point as an option, not sure if they still do or not.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I was sniffing around some of the contractors whom work in the industry in Tech, and not much information is being spread around or heard, so I wonder what could be coming if anything more than a higher MSRP and some color changes.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, it will just be a higher MSRP and color changes. The supply chain will not allow for innovation at the moment, as they are still trying to catch up to the 2021(?) orders... lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why innovate when every boat you make at a higher MSRP with a different color will sell and you won't make enough for the demand...... But there is a part of me that has hope for something new and different:)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If they went NMEA2K and stuck in a pair of Simrad 7s in place of the connext screen and tachs, they could save a couple grand, LOL.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Why innovate when every boat you make at a higher MSRP with a different color will sell and you won't make enough for the demand...... But there is a part of me that has hope for something new and different:)
Very frustrating if they go this route. They’ll likely claim increased costs but they won’t lower the MSRP when those costs realign after the supply chain issues are resolved. They’ll likely say they added more features/value without increasing the price as much as they would have but that’s all spin no substance.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very frustrating if they go this route. They’ll likely claim increased costs but they won’t lower the MSRP when those costs realign after the supply chain issues are resolved. They’ll likely say they added more features/value without increasing the price as much as they would have but that’s all spin no substance.
I think sadly, this is every industry. Being in the residential construction industry, I don't see contractors/sub-contractors lowering their prices unless we have another major recession similar to '08. People are busy, and their prices reflect that. I see material costs shoot up 10%-15% every year, when it used to be 2%-3%. How much of that is true inflation, versus how much of that is just taking advantage of the market. But hey its a free-market, and as long as people keep paying, prices will keep going up.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I think sadly, this is every industry. Being in the residential construction industry, I don't see contractors/sub-contractors lowering their prices unless we have another major recession similar to '08. People are busy, and their prices reflect that. I see material costs shoot up 10%-15% every year, when it used to be 2%-3%. How much of that is true inflation, versus how much of that is just taking advantage of the market. But hey its a free-market, and as long as people keep paying, prices will keep going up.
Prices rise rapidly and fall slowly. That’ll never change.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully people start running out of money to buy boats :)

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
1. Would like a focus on Quality Control.
2. Would like the interior design of the walkthrough on the 25' boats to be seen on a new design 22' boat.
3. Would like to see a portable head on 22' model.
4. Would like the choice on color options (I may like one color boat but don't like the "Warm" interior color.)
5. LED color changing lights on most models.
6. DRiVE system as standard equipment on all E series boats. (make less models to improve on supply)
7. EPS as standard equipment on all E series boats. (make less models to improve on supply)

Future Design Request
Design a system where water flow is directed out dedicated separate side jets as you turn the steering wheel to give ultimate steering control.