• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH - Lectrotab Trim Tabs

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Ratings
9,205 137
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you remember about how thick the fiberglass was where you mounted your trim tabs ? Any wood behind it ?
Yamaha new hulls are all FRP, zero wood, about 1/4" thick... Including transom.

--

Lowstar

Ratings
Boat Make
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yamaha new hulls are all FRP, zero wood, about 1/4" thick... Including transom.

--
Thanks swatski, do you ever worry about the strength of the 1/4” fiberglass-plastic and all the force put on the tabs ?, I think I worry too much. I’m not liking this getting old stuff.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Ratings
9,205 137
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks swatski, do you ever worry about the strength of the 1/4” fiberglass-plastic and all the force put on the tabs ?, I think I worry too much. I’m not liking this getting old stuff.
Yamaha FRP is hard and durable, albeit when it breaks, it's like an egg shell... not pretty.
I had some concerns/doubts initially but have now been running with my large tabs for almost two years, including the 2017 Bimini run in very rough water, with not issues what-so-ever.

and I love the fact there is no wood in these boats anymore! With nothing to rot.

--

Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Foobar..thanks for your videos. Very helpful.
I've only had my 210 fsh for a week and used it twice but think trim tabs would be a great addition as I am pulling kiddos in tubes wake boards etc. and I would like some assistance on planning.
Would you mind sending me your lectrotab set up as well? Or would you recommend just calling them?
Thanks

Foobar

Jet Boat Addict
Ratings
460 5
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Foobar..thanks for your videos. Very helpful.
I've only had my 210 fsh for a week and used it twice but think trim tabs would be a great addition as I am pulling kiddos in tubes wake boards etc. and I would like some assistance on planning.
Would you mind sending me your lectrotab set up as well? Or would you recommend just calling them?
Thanks
I sent you a copy of my invoice. I suggest calling and speaking to Russ.

Ratings
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Foobar, was going to install my Raymarine Dragonfly transducer prior to the trim tab install. Primarily, because the tabs haven’t been delivered yet and I’m desperate in miserable Missouri to do anything. However, don’t see much room down there with the trim tab placement. Any ideas?

Foobar

Jet Boat Addict
Ratings
460 5
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Search the forums. Most guys have it more near the center anyway. There is room. I went with a transducer you mount through the hull. (Round hole.)