• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Sport 10 WEEKS AND 26.8 HOURS LATER....BUYER BEWARE!!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if they had drained the engine with fresh water upon receipt, the engine would be fine??

I dunt see how that's not on them.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That sounds very creative, and unbelivable. I would like to know what seals go bad after overheating( not all that rare) that would allow salt water into the motor and still run at 7200 rpm. I know you had a rough time with your boat in the Keys with all the seaweed, so maybe the overheating was extreme?

YamJamFan

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After reading horror story after horror story...I’m terrified I made a bad decision.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm going on year 3 with our fish 190. Been a very good boat.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm on year two with my 19 and its been flawless. Unfortunately there's always that risk of buying a lemon. Just hope the stand behind the boat and take care of the issues

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading horror story after horror story...I’m terrified I made a bad decision.
you have 1.8 N/A engines, so with new Timing chains in 2016. SHould have nothing to worry about.
Your tower is awesome.

--

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sucks to hear of anyone's bad experience but I'm another owner with 3 years of essentially flawless saltwater operation. Hopefully Yamaha corporate can step up and assist.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sucks to hear of anyone's bad experience but I'm another owner with 3 years of essentially flawless saltwater operation. Hopefully Yamaha corporate can step up and assist.
All I can hope for is that whenever I get my boat back from the dealer (hopefully before Christmas) I can have the same success as most of you have had.

WhirlyBird63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm sure it's all relative (other than catastrophic failure). Some people probably just throw gas in and go, others analyzing every ripple, seam and silicone on their boat. Once in a while the defect will fail and we'll hear about it.
Like they say, seek and ye shall find.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm sure it's all relative (other than catastrophic failure). Some people probably just throw gas in and go, others analyzing every ripple, seam and silicone on their boat. Once in a while the defect will fail and we'll hear about it.
Like they say, seek and ye shall find.
Overheating on these TR1s seems to be a repeating issue as I read different posts on this forum, perhaps Yamaha underestimated the power requirements to move his 21.5 footer and these motors are being overworked.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So if they had drained the engine with fresh water upon receipt, the engine would be fine??

I dunt see how that's not on them.
Unfortunately my word against theirs, and guess who will always win.

Coltman45

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open G
Boat Length
Not trying to rub your face in mud but can anyone else chime in, really seems like people don’t have many issues with the 190’s?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not trying to rub your face in mud but can anyone else chime in, really seems like people don’t have many issues with the 190’s?
Not at all @Coltman45, I am happy for all who are experiencing success with their boats, it just seems like it is more of the 190 owners than the 210 owners

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those TR-1 engines have been used in boats for about 5 minutes, all in the new 21 - 210s and FSH, so there is not much of a track record.
Those engines have been used in snow mobiles etc and jet skis for quite some time - with few complains, but that is a completely different "duty".
There are now a couple reports here with overheating, cooling leaks etc. issues in the 21 boats with TR-1s - not very comforting to be honest.

--

WhirlyBird63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
There are now a couple reports here with overheating, cooling leaks etc. issues in the 21 boats with TR-1s - not very comforting to be honest.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I guess he's going to have to deal with that, I get to bash my boat because I own it, if the day ever comes that I do not own a Jet Boat I will no longer bash them.

Send me a link to that Scout so I can take a peak.
Those surveys that appear in your mail box after each service are deceiving. I was content with the dealership’s work but upset with Yamaha and their lack of attention to known issues with no service bulletin or recall. The scores on the survey only reflect on service center and none are centered on Yamaha.