• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Sport 10 WEEKS AND 26.8 HOURS LATER....BUYER BEWARE!!

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Those TR-1 engines have been used in boats for about 5 minutes, all in the new 21 - 210s and FSH, so there is not much of a track record.
Those engines have been used in snow mobiles etc and jet skis for quite some time - with few complains, but that is a completely different "duty".
There are now a couple reports here with overheating, cooling leaks etc. issues in the 21 boats with TR-1s - not very comforting to be honest.

--
One of my waverunners has a TR1 and I have no problems with it, but it seems to be too weak to run the boats.

swifty_210FSH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm having a hard time following the logic that I think I'm hearing. Starving an engine of cooling water with seaweed and such, to the point where it overheats somehow equates to the engine being too weak for that boat? Is that what I'm hearing?

WhirlyBird63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm having a hard time following the logic that I think I'm hearing. Starving an engine of cooling water with seaweed and such, to the point where it overheats somehow equates to the engine being too weak for that boat? Is that what I'm hearing?

swifty_210FSH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I want to ride a flying Fsh!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did I miss something in the original report from the dealer? How many overheats were recorded by YDS?

If under 5, it's not good, but probably not abnormal. If over 5, then it would be questionable abuse if it was blatantly ignored (that would make it a judgement call. If over 10, then I would agree that it could have been a bit abusive.

That being said, if you were backed into an area where you had to run an engine to get away from the weeds, then you would pretty much be required to run plugged up with weeds a bit to get out. But the recorded overheats shouldn't lie about the fact that it was hot. I have run my own boat plugged up (no wake mode) to get to deeper water so that I could jump in and clean out. Sorry, clean out ports cannot remove huge plugs in the grate. Brag as much as we like about these clean out ports, but when the grate has 15lbs of weeds on the outside per engine, the only way to get them out is by taking a swim or Jeff's reverse trick, which works.

If I were to run these motors full of weeds and it is noticeably cavitating, then an overheat is going to happen. I have seen it on a 1.8ltr engine. That one time was all it took for me to realize it didn't take much to overheat when plugged. This should not be much different on a TR1.

As far as damage to the engine, now it's a call by the dealer, and this is where your relationship with the dealer comes into play. Has yamaha customer support been called by the dealer, or by yourself? Whenever I have had to do this with any of my Yamahas with original warranty or YES, it was a sales job by the dealer. Yamaha listened to the complaint by the owner (me) but would go back to the dealer to get their professional opinion on if it looked like MFG defect or abuse. THEY DON'T CARE AS A DEALER, they will get paid either way. So it is wise for them to play it as defect, so that they keep a happy customer.

So for the love of God, don't burn the bridge, and encourage them to call Yamaha customer support, as you plan to do so, and you want your stories to match. From what you have told of your side of the story, this could easily be sold to Yamaha as an MFG defect, rather than abuse. We don't know which is chicken, and which is egg. Why would the dealer gain from selling it as abuse? Unless the evidence is very clearly abuse, which we don't have access to. But my guess is if (like stated above) had more than 10 overheats, it would be the weak dog in the street fight.

Good luck either way.

Last edited:

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am a bit late to the party, but I have a 210 FSH and fortunately have not had these problems. The engines have been rock solid and have plenty of power. I did go over my entire boat before putting it into the water tightening screws, clamps, etc. that the asshat builders neglected. However none were on the engines.

- Your water leakage issue on the back platform: I am about 99% certain it is the big ass hose clamps where you plugs are. Pop open the cover between the plugs and tighten the hose clamps. If the dealer you are using couldn't figure that one out, you need a new dealer.
- Your engine needs to be replaced (or paid for) by Yamaha. That is bullshit. It seems pretty clear whoever put your boat together that day was hung over and didn't tighten some bolts. If it overheated, I am willing to bet money that some clamps were left loose like they were around your plugs.
- My boat reads 8k RPM at WOT. I did have to adjust the throttle cables as they were not synchronized exactly. Apparently my guy was less drunk/hung-over than yours when putting the boat together.
- My boat will hit 45 with 6 buffet-loving men on board. The engines should be producing plenty of power. I would have preferred twin 1.8s, but these get the job done.

I would have hired an attorney by now. Nothing gets your attention like a demand letter.

joe dasilva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So we have spent 8 weeks in the Florida Keys and used the new 210 FSH almost daily, did some fishing, and lots of Sandbar fun. The boat is GREAT for the Sandbar it is roomy and super comfortable, as far as fishing it's OK but we don't fish much and we knew that going in. The boat WILL not hit 7300 RPMs and will not hit 40 MPH (see photos), even on 0-1 ft. glass water with 1/3 tank of gas no gear and one rider, we start at 7200 and drop to 6500 after several minutes of riding, and the Hole Shot is non existent feels like the boat is taking off from Mud. The Auto Bilge Pump does not work, I left the boat in the water for 4 days while we visited friends, when I came back had to turn on the Pump manually and 22 minutes of water was pumped out from the bilge, it had rained for 2 days straight. The ladder, bow winch eyelet and most of the cup holders are rusting, water is intruding the bilge area from the transom (see video of test I conducted), and worst of all water is shooting out of the Starboard Motor into the bilge area (see video). Overall we love the boat, but the workmanship and QC "STINKS" everywhere you turn on this boat there is something that was not finished at the factory, lose bolts, lose clamps, incomplete or no silicone sealant. I would not recommend this boat to anyone "unless" they take the time to go thru it with a fine tooth comb before the leave the dealership to make sure everything is finished......

I DROPPED MY BOAT OFF AT THE DEALER AND TOLD THEM TO FIX IT OR KEEP IT, IT IS A DANGEROUS FLOATING VACUUM WITH A T-TOP!!!

View attachment 80454 View attachment 80455 View attachment 80456 View attachment 80457
Guys just got my 210 sport after 8 months wait up here in toronto.After shelling out 90k Canadian for this thing I found the following :
-The A fell off the yamaha decal (see pic)
-Virtually all the cup holder and rod holder drain hoses were loose and most had come right off .
-the front middle seat was installed crooked ,on a slant.3/4" from side to side.
-the yamaha touch screen was installed crooked on a slant(1/4")

Fixed those things myself on first day as the dealer said it would be in for 2 weeks .Still waiting on the missing A.

Also have a question .Turned on both motors and the jet wash button .Only a trickle comes out Is that normal? I figure since they call it a jet wash it should have more pressure?

Overall a well designed boat with poor quality workmanship.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Guys just got my 210 sport after 8 months wait up here in toronto.After shelling out 90k Canadian for this thing I found the following :
-The A fell off the yamaha decal (see pic)
-Virtually all the cup holder and rod holder drain hoses were loose and most had come right off .
-the front middle seat was installed crooked ,on a slant.3/4" from side to side.
-the yamaha touch screen was installed crooked on a slant(1/4")

Fixed those things myself on first day as the dealer said it would be in for 2 weeks .Still waiting on the missing A.

Also have a question .Turned on both motors and the jet wash button .Only a trickle comes out Is that normal? I figure since they call it a jet wash it should have more pressure?

Overall a well designed boat with poor quality workmanship.
The jet wash doesn’t have a whole lot of pressure or volume, but it works. Did you click the jet wash up to increase the engine speed?

My boat has been solid for the 145 hrs I have on the engines now. There have been a few minor things that I tweaked to make them work better, 5 gallon bucket locker latch and drain line, and while I had the clean out tray off checking all fasteners and clamps after 45 hours of my first season, I straightened out the live well drain line.

I also performed the jet pump maintenance and other items at 100 hours and what I found was that I didn’t need to do them as everything was great.

Hopefully those few minor things you had to fix will be all that you have to deal with for a long time.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One of my waverunners has a TR1 and I have no problems with it, but it seems to be too weak to run the boats.
Wondering what the final outcome of your situation was…you were last seen in 2019, hopefully you have been happily boating ever since.

joe dasilva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes i clicked the jet wash all the way up . Just not what i expected. I have been using a regular water hose at the cottage (has a lot more pressure).
Anyway thanks for the pointers .
Hopefully yamaha can fix all the manufacturing quality control issues as people are starting to take notice. Manufactures in north America tend to focus on quantity rather than quality.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes i clicked the jet wash all the way up . Just not what i expected. I have been using a regular water hose at the cottage (has a lot more pressure).
Anyway thanks for the pointers .
Hopefully yamaha can fix all the manufacturing quality control issues as people are starting to take notice. Manufactures in north America tend to focus on quantity rather than quality.
Right on… I’ve got plans to install an electric wash down pump, more volume and pressure and don’t have to run the engines. That being said, I’ve found the jet wash to be sufficient most of the time. I’m by myself usually, I’ll get the deck wet with the jet wash and hit the deck with a deck brush. Then I get underway at about 14 mph with the jet wash hose in my hand, I’ll spray the deck down with the hose from the helm. With the boat in this configuration, the bow is high and all the water readily flows back and out the deck drain.

Tham12005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you get all of your issues with the boat fixed?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you get all of your issues with the boat fixed?
That original poster OP, hasn’t been around since 2019… so it is unknown at this time. My guess at this point is that he may have just fixed the boat and sold it.