• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Sport 10 WEEKS AND 26.8 HOURS LATER....BUYER BEWARE!!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I didn't mean for you to think that all dealers are good.....sounds like you have one of the marginal or crappy ones! Dealer service makes all the difference with these boats. The good ones know what to look for from the factory. If I was a dealer, I'd be reading here about the issues, (obviously experiencing them first hand too) and when my boats were delivered from the factory I'd start fixing and sending Yamaha claims before I even sold them.....or tell Yamaha to come get their unfinished boat!

I hope they get it right soon! We are all watching!

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have been tempted to post my frustration with my dealer as well. Not a big deal at the moment, but the lack of attention to post sale contact is maddening.
I believe the problem is that these boats are sold at power-sports dealers who are busy selling the boats, PWC, motorcycles, etc. You get zero attention on weekends, even if you're trying to buy and empty promises during the week.
At a local boat shop, ie., almost went with a 21 foot Tidewater, the pace is much slower and boats have their full attention.
I am concerned that these power-sports dealers have the proper parts in stock to deal with all the "issues" in Service.

As a side note... My Connectx screen is missing the left side mount. The plastic that holds the two mounting bolts were snapped off and I found it laying in the gas tank hatch area. It is only held on by the right side. I know that if I mention it at my 10 hour, it'll take forever for them to get one in. I called to give them a heads up. I'm not getting the warm and fuzziies.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are a yamaha dealer then ylthere is no excise why you as a dealer would not know about the yamaha quality control issues since all u sell will be coming back. As a dealership why not have one if your guys run over the boat real quick and check the common stuff like hose clamps, ecltrical components work and sealant? It would seem to make thing much easier in warranty side... Or is that too easy?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn't mean for you to think that all dealers are good.....sounds like you have one of the marginal or crappy ones! Dealer service makes all the difference with these boats. The good ones know what to look for from the factory. If I was a dealer, I'd be reading here about the issues, (obviously experiencing them first hand too) and when my boats were delivered from the factory I'd start fixing and sending Yamaha claims before I even sold them.....or tell Yamaha to come get their unfinished boat!

I hope they get it right soon! We are all watching!
@Julian I appreciate the nice words I am sure there is plenty of dealers and Techs that take great pride in their work and unfortunately there are others which just want to fix "whatever" and move on to the next one. Case in point, the tech that worked on my boat for the 10 hour service told me that the water intrusion was due to a problem with the anchor locker (I guess he did not take the time to see that my boat was a 210 FSH not a 190 FSH), it is things like that which make you lose confidence in them. I think it sucks that me the owner would know more about the boat then the guy who I am literally trusting with my life and the life of my family, thus I produced those videos so there are no excuses.....

Will keep updating as a go along, I am sure they will eventually get it right and I will be able to enjoy the boat for a while, or at least until the 240 FSH is introduced....LOL

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you are a yamaha dealer then ylthere is no excise why you as a dealer would not know about the yamaha quality control issues since all u sell will be coming back. As a dealership why not have one if your guys run over the boat real quick and check the common stuff like hose clamps, ecltrical components work and sealant? It would seem to make thing much easier in warranty side... Or is that too easy?
Keep in mind that every time you bring the boat back for service (even warranty work) to shop gets paid, either from the owner or from Yamaha. So as much as it hurts me to say, it is in their financial interest to have things not be tidy so you keep bringing the boat back for service......IMO

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Keep in mind that every time you bring the boat back for service (even warranty work) to shop gets paid, either from the owner or from Yamaha. So as much as it hurts me to say, it is in their financial interest to have things not be tidy so you keep bringing the boat back for service......IMO
Until such Point as they get such a bad reputation that no one comes back to their dealership.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yamaha dealers are definitely hit and miss. I’ve dealt with several and all were completely different. My local dealer who specializes in motorcycles and wave runners is frankly horrible and extremely overpriced for maintenance. Not too mention they do sloppy work. Left oil drain under the engine of my wave runner and failed to reinstall the breather hose during the 10hr maintenance. I of course have never been back.

I purchased my FSH from a Yamaha dealer (Bayside Jetdrive) in OC Maryland and they were great. They specialize in boats and pwc. They know their business and do a great job.

I really think if you’re in need of a new boat or service it pays to travel to a dealer that specializes in boats.

Last edited:

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A Scout 21.5 XSF is on sale only 50k with trailer. The fit and finish are great. If your in salt water, it comes with a Yamaha outboard. If I had to do it again...I'd go that way. BUT
I personally know 3 people who have been cut by a outboard so,With kids taking it out it is safer. There are always trade offs in life.
I bet the Clemtiger is banging his fist in a wine induced rage on his keyboard not being able to comment on this.
Sorry Pal, I can chime in anytime I want, just sorry another SoFlo resident got burned by the FSH.

Word is slowly getting out. The FSH will be as infamous as Bayliner & Wellcraft soon enough!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yamaha dealers are definitely hit and miss. I’ve dealt with several and all were completely different. My local dealer who specializes in motorcycles and wave runners is frankly horrible and extremely overpriced for maintenance. Not too mention they do sloppy work. Left oil drain under the engine of my wave runner and failed to reinstall the breather hose during the 10hr maintenance. I of course have never been back.

I purchased my FSH from a Yamaha dealer (Bayside Jetdrive) in OC Maryland and they were great. They specialize in boats and pwc. They know their business and do a great job.

I really think if you’re in need of a new boat or service it pays to travel to a dealer that specializes in boats.
I'm confused...how can a "dealer" that sells "boats".......not be a dealer that "specializes in boats"????

I honestly am confused by this statement. Please explain.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The Yamaha dealer near my house has 50-60 motorcycles and atv’s on the showroom floor. Their merchandise area consist of 99% motorcycle and dirt bike accessories. They have a total of one used boat and 3 pwc for the entire dealership. The sales, parts, and service department based on those stock and sales ratios do not have a lot of knowledge base or experience. They sell and service hundreds of motorcycles and atv’s, so one would expect them to be pretty good at what they do.

The dealer I purchased my FSH from is the complete opposite. They sell 100% boats and pwc’s. Therefore they sell and service far more watercraft per year then a mostly motorcycle dealership.

So to my original point, don’t buy or service a boat at a motorcycle cycle shop, and don’t bring your motorcycle to a boat dealer and expect them to be overly knowledgeable.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Exactly! They showed their hand...motorcycles, ATVs.......

I once bought a dishwasher from a mattress store.........

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well I once bought a mattress from a dishwasher store.......

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wish Cycle Springs was by my house. I like those seat backs and hard top.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Yamaha dealer near my house has 50-60 motorcycles and atv’s on the showroom floor. Their merchandise area consist of 99% motorcycle and dirt bike accessories. They have a total of one used boat and 3 pwc for the entire dealership. The sales, parts, and service department based on those stock and sales ratios do not have a lot of knowledge base or experience. They sell and service hundreds of motorcycles and atv’s, so one would expect them to be pretty good at what they do.

The dealer I purchased my FSH from is the complete opposite. They sell 100% boats and pwc’s. Therefore they sell and service far more watercraft per year then a mostly motorcycle dealership.

So to my original point, don’t buy or service a boat at a motorcycle cycle shop, and don’t bring your motorcycle to a boat dealer and expect them to be overly knowledgeable.
Actually the dealer I purchased the boat from is strictly boat and pwc sales, the dealer which has been servicing the boat is 90% boat and pwc, while I for now will not name them, I can tell you that their name is most pwc racing machines, not to mention they are located in the Florida Keys, boating capital of the world.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for your experience...Doesn't help now, but if you end up unloading it, consider a well inspected used boat with no warranty next time. If it breaks, $Cash$ will restore it to full function quicker than the dealer that already has your money can say "It may be ready next week".

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
UPDATE....

Captains Log Day 18. Got a call from the Service Manager, according to them the problem with the motors was caused by "Me" what a surprise. The lose screws and blown gasket on the Starboard Motor where all the water is spewing out, is due to an overheating incident. The lack of power on the Port motor is also due to an overheating incident, and that one cylinder has very low compression. So to start off I have to pay them 3 hours of labor for the tech to tear down the Port side motor so they can tell me how much it will cost to correct the issue with the low compression cylinder (the mechanic does not think there is any problem with the block).

I am an experienced boater and would never allow any motor whether IO, OB or otherwise to run with overheating signals going off, has any one experienced this issue with "supposed" overheating alarms that really do not go off?
Unfortunately I am in a situation where it is my word against theirs, I feel like I am trapped in a bad dream.

What do you guys think?

If I wind up having to fork over the money to fix that cylinder, how much do you guys think it's going to set me back $$$?

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
UPDATE....

Captains Log Day 18. Got a call from the Service Manager, according to them the problem with the motors was caused by "Me" what a surprise. The lose screws and blown gasket on the Starboard Motor where all the water is spewing out, is due to overheating (they claim that according to the computer that motor has thrown 7 overheat warnings). The lack of power on the Port motor is also due to overheating (they claim that according to the computer that motor has thrown 13 overheat warnings) and that one cylinder has very low compression. So to start off I have to pay them 3 hours of labor for the tech to tear down the Port side motor so they can tell me how much it will cost to correct the issue with the low compression cylinder (the mechanic does not think there is any problem with the block).

I am an experienced boater and would never allow any motor whether IO, OB or otherwise to run with overheating signals going off, has any one experienced this issue with "supposed" overheating alarms that really do not go off?
Unfortunately I am in a situation where it is my word against theirs, I feel like I am trapped in a bad dream.

What do you guys think?

If I wind up having to fork over the money to fix that cylinder, how much do you guys think it's going to set me back $$$?
I would start by asking them to provide you a printout of the YDS data showing the overheat codes.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, does the overheat alarm actually work? We have not had reports of fake YDS data records, so first bet is call their bluff and provide the yds printout. Check the VIN make sure it's your boat.

So sorry.