• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212SE Shorelandr Boat Trailer

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO I do like the Weight Safe Hitch, you could always return the one you have on order. :) I was thinking about going in that direction and just selling mine off at a discount, while reading through this thread on others regarding trailer setup. I just didn't want do drop the extra dough on it. They are spendy on amazon.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Once you got your trailer and rig dialed in, I don't see the need for it unless you have multiple trailers and towing vehicles. Also, I can lend my scale out to others. I do like the Weight Safe hitch though.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Save your money!

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My thought was with the Weigh Safe hitch, as I load the boat for trips and different gear, etc. I could always see where I am at. Taking long road trips and putting stuff in the boat is where I would have a concern as the weight adjusts.

But for around the house, nothing really ever changes, so it is set once and check it maybe next season.

I am being monitored heavily till I finish pool and deck on one side of the pool. $300 on a hitch is not going fly at all.....

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
My thought was with the Weigh Safe hitch, as I load the boat for trips and different gear, etc. I could always see where I am at. Taking long road trips and putting stuff in the boat is where I would have a concern as the weight adjusts.

But for around the house, nothing really ever changes, so it is set once and check it maybe next season.

I am being monitored heavily till I finish pool and deck on one side of the pool. $300 on a hitch is not going fly at all.....
[/QUOTE
That's a good point....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

That is one fantastic hitch, no question about it - the best I ever had, hands down. I think I posted about it somewhere, I literally replaced several hitches with that one, and I still use only that hitch, now front and back, just swap the direction to adjust height (my front hitch receiver is like 10" lower that the rear).

However, the build-in scale is kind of an afterthought. It's cute. But kind of useless, I would not trust it to be accurate, at all. Maybe with +/-200lbs margin..? lol

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

So I weighed my trailer tongue today using the scale under the jack, and ended up eith 600lbs, which is 12% of my towing weight with a full tank of gas etc. I also flipped the hitch to raise it 2”, and now my height is 20.5”. It’s level at the tongue. I’m going to see if the dealer can correct it. With the hitch ball raised 3”, I don’t like the feel of it. I may lower back down.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your tongue weight is too heavy. Shore lander recommends between 5-8% I believe. Get the weight off the tongue and it will tow much better. Also weigh at the ball receiver. Slide it back a bit and see if you can get it to adjust. If not you may need to move the axles. If you are already hanging off the bunks a few inches or so in the back then I wouldn't go much further and you will need to move the axles.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Your tongue weight is too heavy. Shore lander recommends between 5-8% I believe. Get the weight off the tongue and it will tow much better. Also weigh at the ball receiver. Slide it back a bit and see if you can get it to adjust. If not you may need to move the axles. If you are already hanging off the bunks a few inches or so in the back then I wouldn't go much further and you will need to move the axles.
The bunks stick out several inches, so there is room to move it back. If the axles need to be moved, Shorelandr and/or Yamaha is going to rectify that. Selling me an unsafe setup is negligent=Lawsuit

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is like my setup, same length boat, I hang about 3 inches or so over the bunks. So you would get a move at around 6 inches which will definitely lighten the tongue and make it tow totally different. When I adjusted mine back and got everything correct it was a game changer on the towing, don't even know it is back there.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If it is like my setup, same length boat, I hang about 3 inches or so over the bunks. So you would get a move at around 6 inches which will definitely lighten the tongue and make it tow totally different. When I adjusted mine back and got everything correct it was a game changer on the towing, don't even know it is back there.
How did you move it? Was the boat on the trailer?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it was. I wet the bunks. Hooked it up to my SUV. Got a Yellow high strength tow strap. Undid the back boat buckles. Loosened the winch up about 6 inches. Put the strap from one transom tie down around a basketball pole low and then to the other transom tie down. Drove forward to snug up the strap and then just goosed the truck a bit and it pulled it back. Did that a few times and then check the weight. Also I put another chain from the bow eye to the winch post with about 1 foot of length. As a safety precaution.

Seed this thread. Others have used trees.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another thing to mention. If you do the method of the 5 mph stop to set the boat, if your winch post is not secured good the boat will try and scoot forward, a bit each time. Check those bolts.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes it was. I wet the bunks. Hooked it up to my SUV. Got a Yellow high strength tow strap. Undid the back boat buckles. Loosened the winch up about 6 inches. Put the strap from one transom tie down around a basketball pole low and then to the other transom tie down. Drove forward to snug up the strap and then just goosed the truck a bit and it pulled it back. Did that a few times and then check the weight. Also I put another chain from the bow eye to the winch post with about 1 foot of length. As a safety precaution.

Seed this thread. Others have used trees.

Good stuff! I'm doing it...after tomorrows trip

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just remember if you over pull it back, you are not going to get it back up until you put it back in water. If you are going to the lake tomorrow, just bring tools and do the 4 bolts and slide your winch back in the parking lot. Just measure how far you need to go back and slide winch accordingly. I just didn't have the opportunity to launch the boat and I need it resolved before a trip.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another thing to mention. If you do the method of the 5 mph stop to set the boat, if your winch post is not secured good the boat will try and scoot forward, a bit each time. Check those bolts.
Mine won't scoot forward anymore since I put the XO ARK in front of the winch post so it stops it.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Great idea...the ramp usually isn't busy during the week. Brilliant!. Thank you

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Mine won't scoot forward anymore since I put the XO ARK in front of the winch post so it stops it.
I just went and looked at the trailer, I have only 2 bolts holding it. There are 2 more to adjust the angle of the roller, which I shouldn't have to do. Also, the bottom bolts were not loose, I can see a witness mark that it's moved up about 1/2".

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take a picture

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain