• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212SE Shorelandr Boat Trailer

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As RobbieO said take a picture of the back so we can see where your bunks are, not from the side (from the side but like underneath). My guess is your bunks are sticking out pass the hull, which in my opinion makes no sense. And I’m assuming you have too much tonque weight as well. If towing with a 3/4 ton truck you may not notice this by hooking up. I would agree to move the winch post back.
I’ll try to get a better one but you can kind of make it out in the side view above and to the left of the taillight.
The bunk ends well before the metal ride plate on the boat.
The hull of the boat overhangs the bunk by probably 6-8”.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My winch post is at least 6” further towards the rear. I had to move it to get the tongue weight down. I can’t really tell what your stern looks like from the photo. My boat sits about 2 inches short at the end. It’s a bitch to get off and on unless I bury the fenders. I have to winch it the last 3-4 feet. I hate the trailer they gave me. I had to upgrade to lights to LED as well.
Thanks Robby. Our winch posts look like different designs looking back at the pic you posted a few pages ago. Mine angles back toward the boat and yours leans forward so it’s hard to compare.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you move the boat back will the bottom/back of the hull still be on the bunk boards?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
As RobbieO said take a picture of the back so we can see where your bunks are, not from the side (from the side but like underneath). My guess is your bunks are sticking out pass the hull, which in my opinion makes no sense. And I’m assuming you have too much tonque weight as well. If towing with a 3/4 ton truck you may not notice this by hooking up. I would agree to move the winch post back.
For some reason Yamaha ships their boats like that. My suspicion is they do it to save space when shipping. I was told the dealers are supposed to set up the trailer and tongue weight as part of the dealer prep, but my dealer denies that. My tongue weight was 650 lbs. My boat weighs 3750 dry, so the tongue weight should be 400 max. With the boat almost flush at the back, I'm still over 400 lbs. Tows great however.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks Robby. Our winch posts look like different designs looking back at the pic you posted a few pages ago. Mine angles back toward the boat and yours leans forward so it’s hard to compare.
Check your tongue weight. And I would move the winch back until the boat is flush with the bunks. If it's too far forward, it's going to be more difficult to launch and retrieve. That has been my experience on my setup.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here’s what I’m trying to describe, I’m already way past the end of the bunks with the boat pushed all the way forward. It’s almost like my trailer is smaller than the rest of yours.
Are your bunk mounts on the back of the crossbar like this?

6FE09BEB-7B31-446C-8601-4DC2F79A4598.jpeg0D52553A-C5D9-4B54-94EB-092F7683973F.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here’s what I’m trying to describe, I’m already way past the end of the bunks with the boat pushed all the way forward. It’s almost like my trailer is smaller than the rest of yours.

View attachment 167853View attachment 167854
I will take some pictures this weekend.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

View attachment 167853View attachment 167854
That trailer is “WAY TOO SHORT” for your boat

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
It’s a tandem axle shorelandr that came with the boat. I’m baffled.
Your boat is a 21’, yes? Maybe it has the wrong bunks?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Anyone want to measure a bunk? Lol

I’m feeling very needy.
If you don't get someone to measure for you, I can check on Monday, I'm headed to my storage to add the riser plate.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you don't get someone to measure for you, I can check on Monday, I'm headed to my storage to add the riser plate.
Well I went to more storage today, and forgot what I was supposed to check. What an idiot. Anyway, my hull sits about 2-3 inches off the bunks. That's because I ended up moving my post back about 6 inches. If I moved my post all the way back up (like when I bought it), the bunks would be sticking out about 6 inches. Yours is the opposite. I'm not a trailer expert, but your trailer must be for a 19 footer. That's all I can think of.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I went to more storage today, and forgot what I was supposed to check. What an idiot. Anyway, my hull sits about 2-3 inches off the bunks. That's because I ended up moving my post back about 6 inches. If I moved my post all the way back up (like when I bought it), the bunks would be sticking out about 6 inches. Yours is the opposite. I'm not a trailer expert, but your trailer must be for a 19 footer. That's all I can think of.
A 19 footer trailer is only single axle. Looks to me like the didn't put the rear bunks on in the correct position. Wonder how far back the end is from the rear bracket to the rear edge of the bunk on his from what yours is.
Almost every 21 i have seen here originally had the bunks hanging beyond the boat

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
A 19 footer trailer is only single axle. Looks to me like the didn't put the rear bunks on in the correct position. Wonder how far back the end is from the rear bracket to the rear edge of the bunk on his from what yours is.
Almost every 21 i have seen here originally had the bunks hanging beyond the boat
See, I'm not a trailer expert. But I agree about the bunks.

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My understanding is that trailer bunks should always extend a few inches past the rear of the boat. I think you have an issue there. It could be that you have the wrong bunks or maybe they were mounted too far forward. Another thing could be the location of your bow post. My old MFI trailer from 08 doesn't have a moveable bow post but if yours is connected to the trailer with U bolts and could slide forward or backward then perhaps it's in the wrong location. I'd suggest finding someone else with the same boat as you and looking at their trailer to compare.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here is a pic of my stop. I have upgraded the roller and jack but haven't moved anything.
20211216_110235.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Here is a pic of my stop. I have upgraded the roller and jack but haven't moved anything.
View attachment 168370
That’s how mine looks, however, I have my jack in front of the bow stop. I have the same jack. Maybe I should reconsider the location