• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited S Rear Wet Storage Door

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have gone through 2 in 4 months.. You can buy a replacement at McCaster Carr part #

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went thru 4 of them.. for some reason only on the port side. Got tired of messing with them and replace with a magnetic latch that works f fine but was a bit of ap pain to install.

Screenshot_20201014-080607_Amazon.jpg

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went thru 4 of them.. for some reason only on the port side. Got tired of messing with them and replace with a magnetic latch that works f fine but was a bit of ap pain to install.

View attachment 135365
I am glad to see that this is a common problem. Honestly, every time I am driving someone is flagging me down to tell me that the doors are flapping around.
Do you have pictures of how you installed them? I might try this.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually, from the picture, it appears the latch is in the closed position , which is common if they are not lined up good when closing. The male part on the boat will hit on the outside and close it.

Take a screwdriver and hook behind the latch in the door, and pull outward, it will open the latch. I always close my door slowly, looking down inside the opening to verify t is aligned before pushing closed.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is my solution. Basically, I took out the old latch. I used the screws supplied with the plates and marine 5200 sealant to secure the plates over the same holes as the old latch. The only issue was that I had to stack the plates on the hull side, because they werent thick enough to securely attach. The door stays closed and you cant tell anything has changed. The only down side is that is looks odd when the door is open, but I am happy with it. It holds the door closed, and takes a minimum amount of pull to open. Never had a problem with the door opening while running.

Attachments

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Actually, from the picture, it appears the latch is in the closed position , which is common if they are not lined up good when closing. The male part on the boat will hit on the outside and close it.

Take a screwdriver and hook behind the latch in the door, and pull outward, it will open the latch. I always close my door slowly, looking down inside the opening to verify t is aligned before pushing closed.
I agree, take screw driver and try to pull it

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Thank you!! I did this and it worked!!
I think that I am going to end up going with the magnet option as a longer term solution.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length