• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
With the SD can you engage both paddles at the same time and turn the wheel to make it spin in place, or do you still have to use the throttles for that?
Haven't driven mine yet, but the manual says the reverse paddle takes priority when both are pulled.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Couple of questions for a first timer - where can one get that done? Dealership or Boat Yard? (Granted I'm in San Diego, so it's like boat service options galore). Also, I take it you're a salt water user of the boat, do you have a specific recommended routine to ensure longevity? The latter question is kinda loaded, I know, but perspective would be appreciated. There are a LOT of HOT opinions in this forum, so I thought I'd ask for yours.
Only place I go to in SD for Ceramic Coating and Paint Protection Film is Auto Detailing Carlsbad CA | Ceramic Pro | Professional Car Detailing.

They've done my boat and my truck. Highly recommended.

Also, I'd recommend getting your keel sprayed with Line-X (same stuff as a truck bed liner) instead of a Keel Shield or Keel Guard. It has a cleaner look and is bullet proof. Line X of San Diego did mine. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sotally-tobers-2019-242-se-build.26770/

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Awesome recommend from a San Diegan! Thank you!

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Only place I go to in SD for Ceramic Coating and Paint Protection Film is Auto Detailing Carlsbad CA | Ceramic Pro | Professional Car Detailing.

They've done my boat and my truck. Highly recommended.

Also, I'd recommend getting your keel sprayed with Line-X (same stuff as a truck bed liner) instead of a Keel Shield or Keel Guard. It has a cleaner look and is bullet proof. Line X of San Diego did mine. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sotally-tobers-2019-242-se-build.26770/
Did you just trailer the boat to Line-X and they went under and did the work? Or... what other alternatives are there for that to be done?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you just trailer the boat to Line-X and they went under and did the work? Or... what other alternatives are there for that to be done?
Yup. Just trailered it in. It was a tight squeeze height wise in their booth but it fit. I don't think the 252 is any taller than the 242. The other two alternatives is a keel shield or keel guard. I've had both and they have always started to come apart after many boating seasons. I've also discovered that the Line X strip is much wider than the Keel Shield/Guard giving you more protection. Additionally, they can color match the strip to match your hull.

You will definitely need keel protection if you frequent the River. I wouldn't beach the boat without it.

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
61195209272__250951A8-2A16-4984-B434-CEDC4735BE92.jpegIMG_2110 2.jpegIMG_2119.jpegIMG_3532.jpeg

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Sean Davenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I got a call from my dealer this morning. I thought he was just calling to make sure I knew that the Yamaha product tour was going to be there today. He says yeah, but I also called to tell you that your 252SE has shipped and should be arriving tomorrow or Monday! He believes it's the black one with blue stripe/white bottom. Once it arrives, I can decide if I want to take that one or wait for a blue one to arrive (no idea when that might be, though). I'm still going to drive down there today to check out the 255XD and 255 FSH prototype models on display for the day, but I'm super excited that I'll be back down there soon enough to see my own boat!

What was your wait time on that boat? My dealer has blue Yamaha 252SE but I ordered the black.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What was your wait time on that boat? My dealer has blue Yamaha 252SE but I ordered the black.
Ordered Aug 15, arrived at the dealer Sep 10. But that's all luck of the draw. See my reply to your DM for more info.

EDIT: Sorry, it arrived at the dealer Sep 11, my dealer called me Sep 10 to tell me the good news.

mostwanted

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I’m not a look at me post kind of guy. But figured some people would like to know our 252XE is enroute. I haven’t seen anyone post anything about the 252XE so figured some would like to know. Once it arrives I’ll post some pics. I’m local to the dealer but can’t grab it til Monday. I’m guessing it will arrive on Saturday. So seems production is moving along. I’ve seen a few 255XE’s arrive but it’s been quiet in the 252xe front.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No blue, like i said its very random. Also Yamaha always only has two interior color options. Also next year you will not see the black, they alternate and there is a trend of color patterns. Once again, you will normally have two exterior color options per trim.
So what color do you think they’ll do next year?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m not a look at me post kind of guy. But figured some people would like to know our 252XE is enroute. I haven’t seen anyone post anything about the 252XE so figured some would like to know. Once it arrives I’ll post some pics. I’m local to the dealer but can’t grab it til Monday. I’m guessing it will arrive on Saturday. So seems production is moving along. I’ve seen a few 255XE’s arrive but it’s been quiet in the 252xe front.
Can you take some pictures of the new wakeboard racks, thanks.

mostwanted

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I will. When it arrives I’ll take a bunch of pics for everyone. Hopefully any requests will be in the pics. It’s going straight to storage but will do my best

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That looks awesome, how wide is it? How long did you go? Any speed loss? Thanks.
I don't remember the exact measurements as to how wide it is; however, I can tell you it's significantly wider than any of the Keel Guards/Keel Shields I've had in the past.

Absolutely no speed lost from what I can tell. I do have 6 batteries, 5 amps, and 14 speakers though so that definitely effected the speed.

I went 9ft as that was as far back as they could go. From what I understand, there are shops out there that can do the entire keel. If that was an option I would have gone for it.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you don’t mind sharing, what was the price for something like that? I got the blue and if they color match it then I think I’ll go that route.
$415.00 out the door.

From what I understand they can mix the line X to match any color. Similar to mixing paint to match.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't remember the exact measurements as to how wide it is; however, I can tell you it's significantly wider than any of the Keel Guards/Keel Shields I've had in the past.

Absolutely no speed lost from what I can tell. I do have 6 batteries, 5 amps, and 14 speakers though so that definitely effected the speed.

I went 9ft as that was as far back as they could go. From what I understand, there are shops out there that can do the entire keel. If that was an option I would have gone for it.
Nice, just talked to a shop around here and they said they wouldn’t do it. I will call another location and see what they say.