• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Love black and red. Love the red stripe I was really sad to see there was not a black and red option. Your exact option might be in our next future next year or the year after. Thanks so much for the idea and it was a great one! Is there any blue on interior though? What different interior color options are available? Thanks and hope you enjoy it! Would love to see some interior pics of yours
No blue, like i said its very random. Also Yamaha always only has two interior color options. Also next year you will not see the black, they alternate and there is a trend of color patterns. Once again, you will normally have two exterior color options per trim.

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just spent the past weekend on the first 25 footer (252 SE - black with blue striping) to hit Las Vegas Nevada - Lake Mead!

Paid cash out the door and now getting ready to drop it into San Diego Harbor for a Thanksgiving weekend of cruising [flag]!

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it a requirement people update their profiles?
Nope. I was curious if the amp photo was from a 25' model or not, and if he'd taken possession of a new boat.

Many people forget that their boat info is visible on a post because they surf from their phones and don't know you can easily see the model info by turning your phone sideways.

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
252SD makeover, full paint protection film installed.
Couple of questions for a first timer - where can one get that done? Dealership or Boat Yard? (Granted I'm in San Diego, so it's like boat service options galore). Also, I take it you're a salt water user of the boat, do you have a specific recommended routine to ensure longevity? The latter question is kinda loaded, I know, but perspective would be appreciated. There are a LOT of HOT opinions in this forum, so I thought I'd ask for yours.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Couple of questions for a first timer - where can one get that done? Dealership or Boat Yard? (Granted I'm in San Diego, so it's like boat service options galore). Also, I take it you're a salt water user of the boat, do you have a specific recommended routine to ensure longevity? The latter question is kinda loaded, I know, but perspective would be appreciated. There are a LOT of HOT opinions in this forum, so I thought I'd ask for yours.
Find a reputable car wrap guy, he will knw someone who does PPF...i am 100% salt water. I normally spend a min of two hours after a day out. If i know i am going out the next day, i just do a flush. I ALWAYS flush out with salt terminator, about 5 min each engine. Normal wash outside/inside and entire trailer. Spray down engine bay once cool. And then I silicone spray the jets/engine bay. If you do these things after each use, it will look brand new. I haf a 2013 before this and it was like new.

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thank you so much Seoul! Much obliged for the tips!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone taken the decal stickers off their AR250 yet? Curious as to what it looks like. I’m thinking I’ll take them off as soon as I get it.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone taken the decal stickers off their AR250 yet? Curious as to what it looks like. I’m thinking I’ll take them off as soon as I get it.
When I first saw the black AR250 in the showroom they hadnt yet put the AR250 decal on the front but it did have the back decals on. I liked it alot better without the front sticker on.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So those with their 25s already, how has low speed steering/handling been? Any need for thrust vectors or cobras?

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So those with their 25s already, how has low speed steering/handling been? Any need for thrust vectors or cobras?
I just put on the new TVs BUT due to my schedule and weather, I have not been able to take it out. I did notice though that my slow speed tracking was not as good as my older boat which had TVs on them.

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Low speed handling has been incredible. Granted, take that with a grain of salt. This is my first time owning any boat, but if the metric is comparative to boats I have driven during vacations and friends’ who own (none of them jet boats), I can’t believe how nimble this boat is. Best example I can think of is, in gear at 1 MPH, I can turn a 360 without even breaking a sweat! I can also fancy maneuver the boat to dock by literally side slipping into it with a combination of fwd and reverse thrust and keel turned opposite to engine set to fwd thrust.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
how has low speed steering/handling been? Any need for thrust vectors or cobras?
Personally, never having owned or driven a jet boat before, I think it is fine with stock equipment. Didn't take me more than one outing to get the hang of it, and she responds exactly as I intend her to. When going no-wake speed, there is a little "back and forth" but the key is simply not to over-correct on the steering. I wanted to give it the first season without any mod's. As it stands now, I don't think I'll be adding any fins. Hope this helps!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I purchased my TVs during the group buy in August before my 252SE had ever been delivered because I intended to put them on regardless. I had the boat for a few weeks before I got around to actually installing the TVs so I had the chance to drive the boat before and after installation. Are they absolutely necessary? Definitely not, with some practice I'm sure anyone can learn how to handle the boat around the dock. However, I'm glad I got them because they did make a noticeable positive improvement in handling and increased my confidence immediately.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just put on the new TVs BUT due to my schedule and weather, I have not been able to take it out. I did notice though that my slow speed tracking was not as good as my older boat which had TVs on them.
With the SD can you engage both paddles at the same time and turn the wheel to make it spin in place, or do you still have to use the throttles for that?

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Low speed handling has been incredible. Granted, take that with a grain of salt. This is my first time owning any boat, but if the metric is comparative to boats I have driven during vacations and friends’ who own (none of them jet boats), I can’t believe how nimble this boat is. Best example I can think of is, in gear at 1 MPH, I can turn a 360 without even breaking a sweat! I can also fancy maneuver the boat to dock by literally side slipping into it with a combination of fwd and reverse thrust and keel turned opposite to engine set to fwd thrust.
This sounds like a great maneuver I'll have to learn!