• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the 252S comes in gray interior? Zooming in on the picture on Yamahas website it looks like the blue one has a gray interior. I might change my order from a AR250 to a 252S

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well crap! Now I have to decide if I want the 252S in gray. I was planning on the AR250 but I know I’ll put $2k into the sound system in the AR250 but the 252 already has wet sounds...not sure if it includes a sub though. So with the sound system taken out now it’s $11,500 difference. I don’t know if the other things are worth the $11,500 or not. Crap!

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tough calll but in addition to the sound system, (wet sounds 7 speakers) I would say the swim up seating, larger connext screen, marine mat, galley/table, tower lighting, freshwater shower, and convertible lounge seats, plus multiple other things, probably makes up the difference. ;-)

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not crazy about that galley table but the shower would be nice. Any idea if the 7th speaker is a sub and what size it is.

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can’t find any information but from all the pics I have seen there are only 6 visible speakers. So I am thinking the 7th has to be a hidden sub

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Interesting that the Yacht Blue in the above chart does not seem to be consistent. The 252S and 252SE appear to be darker than the AR250 and 252SD. Hope this is just an photo/printing issue.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I can’t find any information but from all the pics I have seen there are only 6 visible speakers. So I am thinking the 7th has to be a hidden sub
You're right, the 7th speaker is a sub--10 inches, I think, but I didn't pay close attention. It's mounted forward facing into the bench seating on the passenger side just behind the passenger captain's chair.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Went down to see it in person today and snapped some more pics. A couple more thoughts seeing this in person for the first time...I like the black with blue stripe exterior and really like the white and gray interior. Back seats slide like butter. I like the quilted stitching in the captain's chairs-- it's nothing elaborate or anything but it's a nice touch. It's amazing how much storage the boat has compared to the 255XD with the hard ballasts taking up all the storage space. One of the pictures shows the cutout of the side glass that allows some airflow to get through there. The reach to get down to the clean out ports seems really far!

If anyone has specific questions, I'll try to answer them. I'll be going back Tuesday afternoon to pick it up.

I was going to snap some picks of the AR250, but the owner had already picked it up when I got there.

Attachments

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks a lot for the pictures. I just switched my reservation from the AR250 to the 252S blue with gray interior. I’m still curious what model wetsounds speakers are and if the six speakers are powered with a separate amp or if their powered off the head unit but I’m getting too picky now. What does the 252SE have that the 252S doesn’t? At $74500 I’m already way over budget and not sure if I can justify $4k more.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks a lot for the pictures. I just switched my reservation from the AR250 to the 252S blue with gray interior. I’m still curious what model wetsounds speakers are and if the six speakers are powered with a separate amp or if their powered off the head unit but I’m getting too picky now. What does the 252SE have that the 252S doesn’t? At $74500 I’m already way over budget and not sure if I can justify $4k more.
I was also originally considering an AR250 (actually first I was considering a 2020 AR240 back in early June before I realized they were all gone). Once I decided I was going to make the leap from the AR250 to the 252 series, I figured if I was gonna go up $14k what's another $4k! These are the additions I know of on the 252SE above the 252S, no idea if they're really worth another $4k or not.
  • Large, fixed bimini top
  • Integrated trickle charger built into the bimini top
  • Throttle by wire technology which replaces the cabled mechanical controls with digital controls.
  • Yamaha drive control, which allows you to electronically set speed controls and acceleration controls (not to be confused with DRiVE technology, which is the low speed paddle shifters for docking, only on the SD).
  • Addition of blue LED lighting around the helm
  • I know both have upgraded upholstery, but I'm not sure if it's the exact same upgraded upholstery or not.
    ETA: Push button start is another feature on the SE, forgot to list that one.

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was also originally considering an AR250 (actually first I was considering a 2020 AR240 back in early June before I realized they were all gone). Once I decided I was going to make the leap from the AR250 to the 252 series, I figured if I was gonna go up $14k what's another $4k! These are the additions I know of on the 252SE above the 252S, no idea if they're really worth another $4k or not.
  • Large, fixed bimini top
  • Integrated trickle charger built into the bimini top
  • Throttle by wire technology which replaces the cabled mechanical controls with digital controls.
  • Yamaha drive control, which allows you to electronically set speed controls and acceleration controls (not to be confused with DRiVE technology, which is the low speed paddle shifters for docking, only on the SD).
  • Addition of blue LED lighting around the helm
  • I know both have upgraded upholstery, but I'm not sure if it's the exact same upgraded upholstery or not.
Thanks for the info, You explained it better then Yamahas website. To be honest if the AR250 had the back seats of the 252 then I’d buy the 250. I think I’ll stick with the 252S since my AR210 that I’m replacing is black and I’m ready for a change from black. I do like the blue stripe in the black though. Looks sharp! My favorite is the black and blue 255XE but I’m not spending $90k for a color.

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You're right, the 7th speaker is a sub--10 inches, I think, but I didn't pay close attention. It's mounted forward facing into the bench seating on the passenger side just behind the passenger captain's chair.
Excellent news

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went down to see it in person today and snapped some more pics. A couple more thoughts seeing this in person for the first time...I like the black with blue stripe exterior and really like the white and gray interior. Back seats slide like butter. I like the quilted stitching in the captain's chairs-- it's nothing elaborate or anything but it's a nice touch. It's amazing how much storage the boat has compared to the 255XD with the hard ballasts taking up all the storage space. One of the pictures shows the cutout of the side glass that allows some airflow to get through there. The reach to get down to the clean out ports seems really far!

If anyone has specific questions, I'll try to answer them. I'll be going back Tuesday afternoon to pick it up.

I was going to snap some picks of the AR250, but the owner had already picked it up when I got there.
Thanks for the pics. Any chance you can get a pic of the inside of the head/storage area and the anchor locker ? Also what’s the max size of cooler that will fit under the galley/table area ?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. Any chance you can get a pic of the inside of the head/storage area and the anchor locker ? Also what’s the max size of cooler that will fit under the galley/table area ?
Yeah, I can snap the pics and take the measurements when I pick it up Tuesday. It comes with an Igloo that fits with a little room to spare. From the videos online showing the 45qt Engel under there, I think that one fits pretty snugly and it's 27"Lx18"Dx14"H.

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all. First time post but I’ve been trolling for a while now. My budget for the new boat is about $60k. I was sold on the 212se since I saw one in person. Then I was thinking the AR250 Since I could put a small toilet in it and potentially go camping on it. I have 2 young kids, 5 and 2 thus the emergency toilet. I don’t expect to need a perfect pass type system until they get a bit older. I plan on having the boat for many years.

So my main question is, is the electronic throttle and engine rpm sync really necessary? Do I need the E series?

I am very handy and plan on putting my own ballast system and installing a perfect pass system in the future.

I appreciate all of your thoughts.

thanks!!!

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, I can snap the pics and take the measurements when I pick it up Tuesday. It comes with an Igloo that fits with a little room to spare. From the videos online showing the 45qt Engel under there, I think that one fits pretty snugly and it's 27"Lx18"Dx14"H.
Thanks for that. I am hoping to put a Yeti or Rtic under there as I am not a big fan of Igloos. I will take a look at the dimensions on them.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all. First time post but I’ve been trolling for a while now. My budget for the new boat is about $60k. I was sold on the 212se since I saw one in person. Then I was thinking the AR250 Since I could put a small toilet in it and potentially go camping on it. I have 2 young kids, 5 and 2 thus the emergency toilet. I don’t expect to need a perfect pass type system until they get a bit older. I plan on having the boat for many years.

So my main question is, is the electronic throttle and engine rpm sync really necessary? Do I need the E series?

I am very handy and plan on putting my own ballast system and installing a perfect pass system in the future.

I appreciate all of your thoughts.

thanks!!!
I owned an AR210 for many years and I don’t think the sync is required. I don’t know anyone that bought a non e and wished they did. I also know people love them too. I would say if you can swing the price I’d get the AR250 over the 21ft boats. I can’t tell you how many times I wished I had a head to use. Instead I had to put the potty in the ski locker and poo in the middle of the boat...not fun if you have guest. I’m going to get the AR250 or 252S so I’m looking forward to having a dedicated space for a toilet.