• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Newer boats have the 3 speed no wake which is great ...they also have cruise control where u can get to say 15 mph , hit the cruise button , then i believe there are about 8 plus or minus settings to increase or decrease speed as needed just by hitting the up or down arrows..when i tow my wife wakeboarding i use the cruise control feature to keep her at a set speed plus or minus 2 mph...when she tows me she refuses to use the cruise control and im between 15 to 22 mph with her messing with those horrible throttles
So my brother has the 195 and I know the challenge of modulating the throttle right at the plane speed. It is tricky and I would get a perfect pass or similar when wake sports become more important to the family. In the lake where we primarily boat there really is no current and I haven’t had any trouble maintaining a no-wake speed.

does the perfect pass or other control the throttle at cruising speeds as well or does it limit to surf/wake speeds?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any idea if the 25ft boats have openings for bigger speakers instead of the 6.5s? How is the stock 252 sound system?

I’m still up in the air between the 252s and AR250.

hanskapur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As of 9/19 - has anyone received a 2021 252SD? I have one on order and I understand there are part issues. Earlier this week I was at the Yamaha Event in Fredericksburg, Virginia and was told by the Yamaha reps that the 25 foot boats are shipping now. Looking through this thread it looks like just one person has received their boat. Has anyone else? My dealer has been correctly cautious in committing to a delivery date because of these issues. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything new in the last week or two. Thanks in advance and good luck to all that are waiting!

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I also have a 252SD on order. Dealer called me yesterday and said the my boat is built and parked in the parking lot with the other 400 boats- waiting on one part. He said it was not the windshield in this case, had something to do with the steering.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@hanskapur I know it's not a lot, but I'm aware of at least five 25 foot boats that have been delivered (my 252SE plus 2 other 252SEs and 2 AR250s. No 252SDs have been delivered that in aware of.

@JAELL I wonder if the steering parts they're waiting on are part of the DRiVE system. Would make sense since they're delivering SEs but not SDs and I think that's the only difference.

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I suspect the same - something associated with DRiVE maybe the power steering unit. Although I thought I saw a 255XD delivered somewhere in the forums. I guess I just have to be patient.....

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't think any 255XDs have been delivered, I think it's just pictures of the prototype that's going around on tour. It passed through NC about a week and a half ago and I got to see it then (along with the 255FSH and the 2021 Waverunners).

hanskapur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JAELL - did you dealer give you a HULL ID # yet? I think if you already have that, you are ahead of most as a lot of dealers dont even have HULL # assignments to contract on. I'm really hoping my 252SD shows up in the next 30-days, Have you been given any revised ETA by your dealer? Thanks in advance for your help!

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@hanskapur - I do not have a hull # yet. My dealer said his regional contact at Yamaha assured him my boat was just waiting on that part - but they don't release hull #'s until the boat is complete and ready for shipping.

No ETA yet, whole supply chain is FUBAR and Yamaha is being silent on ETA.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any idea if the 25ft boats have openings for bigger speakers instead of the 6.5s? How is the stock 252 sound system?

I’m still up in the air between the 252s and AR250.
I took a look and am pretty sure bigger speakers than the 6.5s will not fit in the current openings.

The stock system in the 252 is ok but nothing special, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Of course, it depends on exactly what you're looking for. For us, a big sound system isn't a necessity so the stock system is fine. I may add a couple tower speakers in the future but who knows. As is, it seems to provide plenty of sound for hanging out around the boat while anchored, but it's not going to provide music for the whole beach. Underway, it's ok up to about 5000rpm; beyond that it was just getting lost behind the sound of the engines and wind. Hope this helps.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I took a look and am pretty sure bigger speakers than the 6.5s will not fit in the current openings.

The stock system in the 252 is ok but nothing special, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Of course, it depends on exactly what you're looking for. For us, a big sound system isn't a necessity so the stock system is fine. I may add a couple tower speakers in the future but who knows. As is, it seems to provide plenty of sound for hanging out around the boat while anchored, but it's not going to provide music for the whole beach. Underway, it's ok up to about 5000rpm; beyond that it was just getting lost behind the sound of the engines and wind. Hope this helps.
So...sounds like you've had it out and about. Generally speaking, how is the boat running for you? Any pros/cons would be appreciated!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So...sounds like you've had it out and about. Generally speaking, how is the boat running for you? Any pros/cons would be appreciated!
It was cool and windy here over the weekend, but I was determined to get out and about so we took it out for a couple hours Sunday. We only cruised around, we didn't actually get out and play in the water so we didn't get to utilize the swim deck or swim up seating.

This is our first Yamaha and my first boat since I was a teenager so I don't have much to compare it to, but all in all we're very happy with it. It has tons of space for our family of 4 and I have no concerns space-wise for how we'll typically use the boat (4 to 8 or 9 people). Boat seems to run fine. I can't control it at low speed around the dock worth a darn (wind and current didn't help the matter). It'll take some practice to get better at that and I also bought the thrust vectors last month during the group buy, I just need to find time to install them.

As much as I'm in love with this one, if I already owned a late model 242 series I don't think there are any must have features on the new design that would make feel the need to upgrade (other than just 'new model envy'...I know I get that for vehicles when a model redesign comes around!)

As an aside, I cannot overstate how amazing the Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist is on the F150. To roll up to the boat ramp for the first time in over 20 years and back a 25 foot boat down a narrow ramp on the first try like a boss was awesome! It's totally cheating but I don't care! :p

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for that info, I’m still deciding between the AR250 and 252S. Where you able to open it up and see what the top speed is on it? I’m curious how slower they are compared to the 242. Thanks!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for that info, I’m still deciding between the AR250 and 252S. Where you able to open it up and see what the top speed is on it? I’m curious how slower they are compared to the 242. Thanks!
Didn't open it up all the way yesterday, it was just a little too windy and choppy and we were still in the engine break in period. Went up to about 6000rpm and were at 42 mph. I think we were heading with the wind at that point, not into the wind.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is there some pics on here of your 25’r? Congrats!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is there some pics on here of your 25’r? Congrats!
Thanks! Yeah, just scroll back through this thread and you'll find several pics of it.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting, it might not actually be slower then the 240, 242. I would have thought it would with a larger size and more weight but at 6000RPMs the 240 I believe would go around 38...someone correct me if I’m wrong on that. Thanks for the info.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting, it might not actually be slower then the 240, 242. I would have thought it would with a larger size and more weight but at 6000RPMs the 240 I believe would go around 38...someone correct me if I’m wrong on that. Thanks for the info.
The 24s top speed is 52ish. Now add the extra dry weight and 20 more gallons of fuel and it will most definitely be slower

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
It was cool and windy here over the weekend, but I was determined to get out and about so we took it out for a couple hours Sunday. We only cruised around, we didn't actually get out and play in the water so we didn't get to utilize the swim deck or swim up seating.

This is our first Yamaha and my first boat since I was a teenager so I don't have much to compare it to, but all in all we're very happy with it. It has tons of space for our family of 4 and I have no concerns space-wise for how we'll typically use the boat (4 to 8 or 9 people). Boat seems to run fine. I can't control it at low speed around the dock worth a darn (wind and current didn't help the matter). It'll take some practice to get better at that and I also bought the thrust vectors last month during the group buy, I just need to find time to install them.

As much as I'm in love with this one, if I already owned a late model 242 series I don't think there are any must have features on the new design that would make feel the need to upgrade (other than just 'new model envy'...I know I get that for vehicles when a model redesign comes around!)

As an aside, I cannot overstate how amazing the Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist is on the F150. To roll up to the boat ramp for the first time in over 20 years and back a 25 foot boat down a narrow ramp on the first try like a boss was awesome! It's totally cheating but I don't care! :p
Thanks, @tkeru408...you've been most helpful, especially to those of us patiently waiting for our "pre-orders"! Just curious about your location again...North Carolina???? I agree with the above comments that it sounds like your speed is good in light of the same engines but extra weight - realizing of course you cannot go WOT in the break-in period. Wondering if the new hull has something to do with it???