• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I got a call from my dealer this morning. I thought he was just calling to make sure I knew that the Yamaha product tour was going to be there today. He says yeah, but I also called to tell you that your 252SE has shipped and should be arriving tomorrow or Monday! He believes it's the black one with blue stripe/white bottom. Once it arrives, I can decide if I want to take that one or wait for a blue one to arrive (no idea when that might be, though). I'm still going to drive down there today to check out the 255XD and 255 FSH prototype models on display for the day, but I'm super excited that I'll be back down there soon enough to see my own boat!
If you do go to your dealer to check it out when it arrives, I'd love to see a pic of the black one! Thats what I have my deposit down for.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
When are they at Chatlee?
I'm just leaving Chatlee now and they're packing up the Yamaha truck to leave as I type. I think they're heading back to Charlotte next, then VA, MD and up to the Northeast.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you do go to your dealer to check it out when it arrives, I'd love to see a pic of the black one! Thats what I have my deposit down for.
I'll definitely snap some pics when I go see the black one.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Is there a schedule for this tour that we can see dates and locations online?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Getting to see the 255XD prototype in person definitely alleviated some of the concerns I had about the new design based on the photos that are out there. I'm really looking forward to getting to see my 252SE, which could arrive at the dealer as soon as tomorrow. The Yamaha rep on site said 252 models are starting to ship now, not for sure if that also included the AR250 and he said the 255XD probably won't be shipping until December, not sure if that also included the 252XE and 255XE.

In the pictures, the bimini looked short like it didn't cover as much as before. In actuality the bimini is huge, it covers all the way to the back seat rests so coverage should not be an issue.

The step up from the swim platform to the pass through isn't as tall as I thought. It's about the same as a stair step in your house, not too bad at all.

The pointed back of the tower would look better IMO if it just came all the way to the fiberglass but it's not that bad. It's smooth, not sharp, at the end. And there's enough space between it and the fiberglass that it doesn't appear to be any kind of pinch hazard.

The cockpit is gorgeous. I wasn't sure about the floating Connext screen but I really like it in person.

The galley area is fine. I'm sure we'll use it but I can see how some people won't care for it. Between the galley area and the passenger captain's chair, the boat is definitely giving up the opportunity for maximum seating. No big deal to us as we won't typically have it loaded down with people, but surely not ideal for those trying to maximize butt space.

The swim platform seems good size in person, not as short as it looked in some pictures. It's about 20 inches deep at its deepest point (not as deep on the outer edges). Not sure how that compares to the swim platform depth on the 240/242 boats.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Id appreciate it, when you see your dealer or someone from yamaha at the tour if they know when the 27’s are going to start shipping.
I asked the Yamaha rep and he said they're starting to ship 27 footers now.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are pictures not allowed to be taken of the demo boats? Surprised that we haven't seen any pics form the people that have been on them.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are pictures not allowed to be taken of the demo boats? Surprised that we haven't seen any pics form the people that have been on them.
Jetboatpilot.com has youtube vids of them. So it seems pics and vids are perfectly fine.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah, they don't care if you take pictures. I thought I was going to take a bunch of pictures today but didn't because I realized there's nothing I really saw that can't already be found in the available videos and photos of this boat online.

Now, when I get to see the black 252SE in person I'll definitely take some photos of it because that's a boat that, to my knowledge, there aren't any pictures or videos of floating around. Heck, people don't even know what the interior color of that boat is: most people think it's tan and brown but it's actually gray and white.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just got the call that my 252SE has been delivered to the dealer. Also had an AR250 and an SX190 on the truck, both also pre-sold I believe. I can't make it back there until tomorrow morning, but I'll get pictures of all three if the others haven't already been picked up.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Jealous, thats awesome! Can't wait to see it.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A big thanks to my dealer who sent me these pictures that he took this morning. They were just unwrapping it so it wasn't all put together yet. I'm heading down tomorrow to see it and will take more pics then.

Attachments

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice. Same colors as I am waiting on

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A big thanks to my dealer who sent me these pictures that he took this morning. They were just unwrapping it so it wasn't all put together yet. I'm heading down tomorrow to see it and will take more pics then.
Looks great! Are you going to get this or wait on the blue to arrive? Only a 2.5 hour drive for me to pick it up haha.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks great! Are you going to get this or wait on the blue to arrive? Only a 2.5 hour drive for me to pick it up haha.
Won't be confirmed until I see it in person tomorrow, but I do believe this one's coming home with me!