• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, @tkeru408...you've been most helpful, especially to those of us patiently waiting for our "pre-orders"! Just curious about your location again...North Carolina???? I agree with the above comments that it sounds like your speed is good in light of the same engines but extra weight - realizing of course you cannot go WOT in the break-in period. Wondering if the new hull has something to do with it???
I know they improved the hull so I was wondering the same thing. It might not be that much slower which would be great!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Stan M , yes I'm in NC.

@Stan M , @KCAR250 I was also wondering if improvements in the hull help offset the additional weight. I'm still not sure if my 42mph @ ~6000rpm was optimistic due to wind/current help. I'm hoping to get out soon on a calm, flat day and test it again, could be tomorrow but may not be until next week.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
@Stan M , yes I'm in NC.

@Stan M , @KCAR250 I was also wondering if improvements in the hull help offset the additional weight. I'm still not sure if my 42mph @ ~6000rpm was optimistic due to wind/current help. I'm hoping to get out soon on a calm, flat day and test it again, could be tomorrow but may not be until next week.
Awesome, glad you can still get out...i think my season is rapidly approaching the end unfortunately. If you get the chance to take her out again, keep us posted! Thanks

Bugz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tkeru408 ... Congrats on the new boat! Thanks for all the info and pics. Way better than the Yamaha website. I'm thinking of the 252SE. Not sure of the interior color on the blue, but it may grow on me. Thanks.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@tkeru408 ... Congrats on the new boat! Thanks for all the info and pics. Way better than the Yamaha website. I'm thinking of the 252SE. Not sure of the interior color on the blue, but it may grow on me. Thanks.
Thanks! Based on pictures, I was leaning towards the blue also. In a perfect world one of each would have showed up at my dealership and I would have gotten to pick, but the black one was the first to show up and it was either take it or wait who knows how long on a blue one. Between here and the FB Yamaha group I'm aware of a handful of black ones that have been delivered, but I still haven't seen any evidence of a blue one being delivered anywhere so I'm glad I just went ahead and took the black one home. If you decide the 252SE is the one for you, hopefully you'll get the opportunity to see both and choose the one you love most!

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All this talk and only evidence of 1 new 25' being delivered. Where are the rest of them and where's the on-water reviews?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It was cool and windy here over the weekend, but I was determined to get out and about so we took it out for a couple hours Sunday. We only cruised around, we didn't actually get out and play in the water so we didn't get to utilize the swim deck or swim up seating.

This is our first Yamaha and my first boat since I was a teenager so I don't have much to compare it to, but all in all we're very happy with it. It has tons of space for our family of 4 and I have no concerns space-wise for how we'll typically use the boat (4 to 8 or 9 people). Boat seems to run fine. I can't control it at low speed around the dock worth a darn (wind and current didn't help the matter). It'll take some practice to get better at that and I also bought the thrust vectors last month during the group buy, I just need to find time to install them.

As much as I'm in love with this one, if I already owned a late model 242 series I don't think there are any must have features on the new design that would make feel the need to upgrade (other than just 'new model envy'...I know I get that for vehicles when a model redesign comes around!)

As an aside, I cannot overstate how amazing the Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist is on the F150. To roll up to the boat ramp for the first time in over 20 years and back a 25 foot boat down a narrow ramp on the first try like a boss was awesome! It's totally cheating but I don't care! :p
That’s funny, I keep telling myself I should at least try this option. Maybe next year as my truck is a 17 and have never used the back up assist.

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2019 242X that I bought at a great price. The boat only has 15 hours(14 from me). I am thinking of upgrading to the 252xe/255xe/255xd mainly for the automated wake booster. Sorry for the noob question, but what are the differences between the three?

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All this talk and only evidence of 1 new 25' being delivered. Where are the rest of them and where's the on-water reviews?
I know , right ? Maybe they are too busy enjoying their new toy

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 2019 242X that I bought at a great price. The boat only has 15 hours(14 from me). I am thinking of upgrading to the 252xe/255xe/255xd mainly for the automated wake booster. Sorry for the noob question, but what are the differences between the three?
Check out the brochure at this link below for a little more info on the 252XE, 255XE, and 255XD: https://www.yamahaboats.com/globalassets/_boats/all-boats/yamaha-2021-boats-brochure-english.pdf

The Cliffs notes version is this:
  • The 252XE does not come with the integrated electric wakeboosters; if you want the automated wakebooster you have to go 255XE or 255XD. One other note on the 252XE is that it has twin 180hp engines (same ones as your 2019 242X).
  • The 255XE and 255XD have many upgrades over the 252XE, the most notable being they both have the integrated electric wakeboosters and they both have twin supercharged 250 hp engines.
  • I think the only difference between the 255XE and the 255XD is the addition of the DRiVE system (that's what the 'D' stands for). DRiVE is the low speed docking system with the paddle shifters on the steering wheel; you can google 'Yamaha DRiVE' to find videos of it in action.
Hope this helps!

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check out the brochure at this link below for a little more info on the 252XE, 255XE, and 255XD: https://www.yamahaboats.com/globalassets/_boats/all-boats/yamaha-2021-boats-brochure-english.pdf

The Cliffs notes version is this:
  • The 252XE does not come with the integrated electric wakeboosters; if you want the automated wakebooster you have to go 255XE or 255XD. One other note on the 252XE is that it has twin 180hp engines (same ones as your 2019 242X).
  • The 255XE and 255XD have many upgrades over the 252XE, the most notable being they both have the integrated electric wakeboosters and they both have twin supercharged 250 hp engines.
  • I think the only difference between the 255XE and the 255XD is the addition of the DRiVE system (that's what the 'D' stands for). DRiVE is the low speed docking system with the paddle shifters on the steering wheel; you can google 'Yamaha DRiVE' to find videos of it in action.
Hope this helps!
thanks that is great information. I don’t see the need for the drive system so that would be a waste for myself. I’m fairly comfortable with docking and launching at this point. But I can see the value for people who may have whiskey throttle at times lol. I appreciate you reply.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I got a call from my dealer this morning. I thought he was just calling to make sure I knew that the Yamaha product tour was going to be there today. He says yeah, but I also called to tell you that your 252SE has shipped and should be arriving tomorrow or Monday! He believes it's the black one with blue stripe/white bottom. Once it arrives, I can decide if I want to take that one or wait for a blue one to arrive (no idea when that might be, though). I'm still going to drive down there today to check out the 255XD and 255 FSH prototype models on display for the day, but I'm super excited that I'll be back down there soon enough to see my own boat!
Do you know if the Fortress FX 11 will fit in the anchor locker?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Do you know if the Fortress FX 11 will fit in the anchor locker?
No, the FX-11 is definitely too big to fit in there. At 22" the stock (that's the round bar that goes cross ways) is too long but I guess that could be trimmed. More importantly, the FX-11 shank length is 27" and the depth of the anchor locker is only 24-25".

I think the FX-7 will fit with a little trimming of the stock. The FX-7 stock is listed as 19" and I measured the opening at ~18-3/4". The shank length of the FX-7 is 24" so I think it will go in there but I'm not 100% positive. That's why I went with the Guardian G-7. It's not as fancy, but with a stock length of 18" and a shank length of 22" I knew it would fit in there without modification!

Attachments

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
No, the FX-11 is definitely too big to fit in there. At 22" the stock (that's the round bar that goes cross ways) is too long but I guess that could be trimmed. More importantly, the FX-11 shank length is 27" and the depth of the anchor locker is only 24-25".

I think the FX-7 will fit with a little trimming of the stock. The FX-7 stock is listed as 19" and I measured the opening at ~18-3/4". The shank length of the FX-7 is 24" so I think it will go in there but I'm not 100% positive. That's why I went with the Guardian G-7. It's not as fancy, but with a stock length of 18" and a shank length of 22" I knew it would fit in there without modification!
I assume the G7 fits perfectly? Great thanks for info...G7 it is

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Here are a few additional pics from yesterday. Somebody stopped and asked me questions about it in the first 10 minutes of owning it (at the gas station filling it up after leaving the dealership).

First pic is me hitched up and getting ready to leave the dealership. The boat dwarfs my F150 Supercrew but the truck had no problems at all handling the load, both acceleration and deceleration. I have the 3.5L Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6.

Second pic is of the subwoofer, which some folks have asked about.

Third pic shows how far back the bimini goes. The tape measure vertically marks the back of the bimini down to the seats. In early videos, there was uncertainty about whether or not the bimini has less coverage than previous years, but i think it's big enough to provide pretty good shade all the way to the back seats. As an aside, the tech said the bimini canvas was easier to install than in previous years; he said that before it would take two of them to stretch the bimini over the frame when new.
would it be possible for you to measure length of the Bimini for reference? The outgoing E series the extended Bimini length was 10'. I have been told it is the same and I have been told its shorter. I do know that the new bimini is taller and wider...it may look shorter because the older models the rear portion is much more slender.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks for all the information, very helpful! It has helped to reassure me that i made the right decision to buy the new 252S rather than going used - even with the "poo brown" interior as some have deemed it :cool:
I was so excited for the rumored "warm" interior and I was hoping it was like Scarabs cognac...I was however so disappointed, the brown interior looks like nursing home furniture

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
As of 9/19 - has anyone received a 2021 252SD? I have one on order and I understand there are part issues. Earlier this week I was at the Yamaha Event in Fredericksburg, Virginia and was told by the Yamaha reps that the 25 foot boats are shipping now. Looking through this thread it looks like just one person has received their boat. Has anyone else? My dealer has been correctly cautious in committing to a delivery date because of these issues. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything new in the last week or two. Thanks in advance and good luck to all that are waiting!
All the 25FTRS I saw delivered were the black 252SEs

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I assume the G7 fits perfectly? Great thanks for info...G7 it is
Yup, G7 fits in there perfectly.

would it be possible for you to measure length of the Bimini for reference? The outgoing E series the extended Bimini length was 10'. I have been told it is the same and I have been told its shorter. I do know that the new bimini is taller and wider...it may look shorter because the older models the rear portion is much more slender.
I just measured it from front to back and it's about 8'6" long. Would they really have shortened it by 18"? Seems odd, though I tell you this new one sure seems plenty big enough.

I was so excited for the rumored "warm" interior and I was hoping it was like Scarabs cognac...I was however so disappointed, the brown interior looks like nursing home furniture
I'm still wanting to see the warm interior in person, but am perfectly content with the cool (gray and white) interior in mine. I think each of the 25 foot boats has a warm option and a cool option...you can always go with the cool option if you don't like the warm option.

All the 25FTRS I saw delivered were the black 252SEs
Of the three or four 252SEs I'm aware of, they're also all black ones. I've not seen any 252Ss or 252SDs delivered. I do know of at least a couple AR250s that have been delivered, though not sure which color.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yup, G7 fits in there perfectly.

I just measured it from front to back and it's about 8'6" long. Would they really have shortened it by 18"? Seems odd, though I tell you this new one sure seems plenty big enough.

I'm still wanting to see the warm interior in person, but am perfectly content with the cool (gray and white) interior in mine. I think each of the 25 foot boats has a warm option and a cool option...you can always go with the cool option if you don't like the warm option.

Of the three or four 252SEs I'm aware of, they're also all black ones. I've not seen any 252Ss or 252SDs delivered. I do know of at least a couple AR250s that have been delivered, though not sure which color.
I was originally told that it was shortened due to speed..seeing how they put the same bimini on the XDs w/ the SHO engines. The older ones are def 10'. it is wider and taller...it has more of a umbrella look...one thing I do really like is that I can install tower speakers w/o having to have them hand down.