• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE - Nice Aft - Build Thread

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just saw this. Did you by from Wakeboard Wake Tower Speaker Covers Boat Lightbar Wakerack Wakeboarding ?!?!

I just got a lightbar cover from him in June for my Wetsounds Sound Bar. Super sketchy paying randomly through paypal "friends and family". We ordered from him on Saturday while driving to the lake, and the cover showed up on Monday in the mailbox after being shipped from Las Vegas! Quality is pretty good as well. Can't complain there.

Been meaning to do a review and haven't gotten around to it yet.
Which lightbar cover did you get? I assume you have the 10 speaker soundbar? I e-mail him about this last week and he told me about the lightbar cover.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which lightbar cover did you get? I assume you have the 10 speaker soundbar? I e-mail him about this last week and he told me about the lightbar cover.
I got the 34in one on Jim's recommendation. I have the Stealth 10 Ultra HD. Bar dimensions are 33.7in long x 3.7in tall, x 3.9in deep per the website.

It fits decently. I have my bar mounted "upside down", so the drawstring doesn't quite work like it's supposed to. The velcro is far longer than it needs to be so I'm going to trim it down next time I'm near the boat with a pair of scissors. I also run (3) pairs of these elastic cord with a ball bungee things around the sound bar while towing, just to prevent fabric flappage and make sure it stays where I put it. It would probably be OK without them, but it's a quick addition while packing up to tow. The draw string does "draw" fairly well, and holds it's place so far. Material is a little thinner than I expected. I had a "canvas" or "neoprene" in my head, but it's more of a thin stretchy nylon or polyester. Not bad, just thinner than I thought.

Main reason I wanted the sock was to keep the bar from whistling. My biggest complaint with the bar has been that it whistles LOUDLY while towing. When we moved from the pickup to an SUV it was unbearably loud inside the vehicle at highway speeds. Before we did the 11hr tow to FL we wanted that remedied. It's worked well for that with the added benefit of keeping bugs out of the cooling fins on the leading edge of the bar as well.

I paid him $45 shipped for the cover. I'll snap some pics for you tonight when I get home.

Here's the best pic I have of the soundbar mounted on the boat. Nevermind the ropes, that's from the infant swing we had onboard the season we put the soundbar on.
1624899486852.png

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
He posted that back in March--unfortunately, there's zero chance any of those boats are still around at this point.
i figured these boats have been long gone, but I was just more curious as to what dealer actually had stock of the 25ft line. Every dealer I have been to has waiting lists for 2022 and 2023’s already.

It was more curiosity at this point and I would love to see one in person, even it is a display u it or a customers

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i figured these boats have been long gone, but I was just more curious as to what dealer actually had stock of the 25ft line. Every dealer I have been to has waiting lists for 2022 and 2023’s already.

It was more curiosity at this point and I would love to see one in person, even it is a display u it or a customers
They had 2 252SEs and a 252SD.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the 34in one on Jim's recommendation. I have the Stealth 10 Ultra HD. Bar dimensions are 33.7in long x 3.7in tall, x 3.9in deep per the website.

It fits decently. I have my bar mounted "upside down", so the drawstring doesn't quite work like it's supposed to. The velcro is far longer than it needs to be so I'm going to trim it down next time I'm near the boat with a pair of scissors. I also run (3) pairs of these elastic cord with a ball bungee things around the sound bar while towing, just to prevent fabric flappage and make sure it stays where I put it. It would probably be OK without them, but it's a quick addition while packing up to tow. The draw string does "draw" fairly well, and holds it's place so far. Material is a little thinner than I expected. I had a "canvas" or "neoprene" in my head, but it's more of a thin stretchy nylon or polyester. Not bad, just thinner than I thought.

Main reason I wanted the sock was to keep the bar from whistling. My biggest complaint with the bar has been that it whistles LOUDLY while towing. When we moved from the pickup to an SUV it was unbearably loud inside the vehicle at highway speeds. Before we did the 11hr tow to FL we wanted that remedied. It's worked well for that with the added benefit of keeping bugs out of the cooling fins on the leading edge of the bar as well.

I paid him $45 shipped for the cover. I'll snap some pics for you tonight when I get home.

Here's the best pic I have of the soundbar mounted on the boat. Nevermind the ropes, that's from the infant swing we had onboard the season we put the soundbar on.
View attachment 155062
I am more interested in the infant swing. We regularly take our nephew and we have been looking for a swing. Do you remember which one you purchased?? We dont want plastic, as it can get hot.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Which dealer?
This was Barney's St. Pete.

If in the area, I drove past Cycle Springs a few weeks ago and they had a 25' of some sort with the shipping cover still on.

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
This was Barney's St. Pete.

If in the area, I drove past Cycle Springs a few weeks ago and they had a 25' of some sort with the shipping cover still on.
I have a deposit down at Cycle Springs and BMC. I called over to Barney’s and they said they don’t even have the Yamaha literature books and haven’t had any inventory for the 25ft’s for sometime.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am more interested in the infant swing. We regularly take our nephew and we have been looking for a swing. Do you remember which one you purchased?? We dont want plastic, as it can get hot.
Love sharing this picture. Here's the swing we have. Amazon says currently unavailable. There are some others available if you search for "Toddler Hammock Chair". We still have the one below sitting around somewhere. Was going to send it to someone, but I forgot who it was, or they might have just bought one online. Yours if you want it, just shoot me a PM, and I'll drop it in the mail one day this week.

1624910673072.png

*EDIT*

FYI, this stage of "sitting still" doesn't last very long. I think we used it like this maybe 5 times before he became FAR more interested in what was happening elsewhere on the boat and wanted to be mobile.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a deposit down at Cycle Springs and BMC. I called over to Barney’s and they said they don’t even have the Yamaha literature books and haven’t had any inventory for the 25ft’s for sometime.
The two Jacksonville dealers seemed to have the best inventory in the state when I was looking, may want to try there too. Though they wouldn't talk numbers without me being in person so I have a feeling they were taxing. I refused to drive 4 hours for them to give me a BS deal.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89 Here are some pics I snapped last night. I didn't get too detailed because the garage was 135deg when I got home, and about 125deg at sundown after running the fan in there all evening.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Standing on rear starboard seats looking forward:
1624989319846.png

Standing in bow looking back:
1624989351296.png

Drawstring Detail:
1624989382045.png

Bungee-Ball-Thing detail: I use (6) total. (3) pairs.
1624989454301.png

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Where did you get the bungees?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well my trailer hitch lock finally shit the bed after 4 years. Was completely frozen, key wouldn’t even go in. Used some PB blaster and was able to get key in but then I couldn’t get it to turn. Ended up using a dremel and cutting it off, highly recommend over an angle grinder. I would have for sure damaged my truck with the angle grinder.

04269D09-D58F-488A-B7CD-16F2A8C8FCF5.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been bad about pictures.

I added some easy screw knobs to quickly rotate the soundbar. Picked them up at my local Lowe’s.

BAC9A453-B7BE-4439-9739-5D92C666DFA6.jpeg

I also added trailer guide

I am approaching 100 hours so will do a review then. In the meantime here are other pics.

BAC9A453-B7BE-4439-9739-5D92C666DFA6.jpeg455DACE0-2165-47FE-B3FE-7D32F1D4EE87.jpegC18C3ADA-73F5-42DA-BE99-BEB7908CFCDC.jpegD3688700-28C9-4CE2-8745-4223A74DC5A2.jpegD1AAB91A-F9FD-4CB4-905F-FF180A4A49D6.jpeg6F056A13-081E-4B39-B49A-DEA72E606EAA.jpegB72E5E45-2EDF-4221-A393-D9E7F75E42AD.jpeg

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also added trailer guide...

View attachment 161625
Quick question, arent you concerned that having the trailer guides above the trailer rails you might scratch the bottom of your boat if you come in at an odd angle?
I installed mine below the rails just in case.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Quick question, arent you concerned that having the trailer guides above the trailer rails you might scratch the bottom of your boat if you come in at an odd angle?
It’s rubbed once on the PVC, it all came off pretty easily. I plan to get the soft covers eventually.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length

It’s rubbed once on the PVC, it all came off pretty easily. I plan to get the soft covers eventually.
Pretty sure that 1WetBoat is referring to this part I have highlighted. Most people install the guides below the frame rail of the trailer. Yours are dangerously close to your boat.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Gotcha, I haven't had any issues with them touching, they are several inches away in each area.