• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE - Nice Aft - Build Thread

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a question for you guys that have done this. Is every intersecting section open between the front-rear tower tubes? So like where the welds are between the tower tubes?
I plan on running my VHF antenna but also want to prepare for future speaker mods on the tower. The antenna run will be simple so that isn't an issue, but I want to run and leave in place a lead that i can use in the future to pull wiring up. The lead is nylon so it wont rust or deteriorate. It's the one used for pulling low voltage cabling thru conduits etc..

My AR has a small plastic plug on the bottom of the front bar smack dab in the center of the tower so i could use that if needed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As far as I can tell, each tube is open.

KnucklDragr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On this episode of fixing shit Yamaha messed up: front hand rail.

At some point over the week the front handrail bolt came completely undone. So today I fixed it. What a royal PITA. Had to remove the speakers, the cup holders, and the black insert. Put thread locker on the bolts and tightened it back up. The black insert is brutal to put back in with the cushions still there. If I did it again I would hope for the best a try a super long extension but not sure it would work.

View attachment 151375View attachment 151376
I keep finding bolts and washers all over my boat after each outing. I had to reinstall the windshield brace in the back (through the speaker hole) and the cell phone holder on the helm. All 4 nuts and washers fell off. Luckily, I have been able to find most of the fasteners. Now the rear adjustable seats are loose and I am missing one of the bolts that attaches from the bottom. Pretty sure I will need to reinstall both sides at some point. My boat must have been assembled late on a friday. SMH

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I got the soundbar mounted and wire ran down to the port seat. I wanted to go factory brackets but couldn’t find them. Ultimately I went with some Rough Country brackets that worked out well. The sound bar is set so I can flip it towards the front or the back.

5C986E55-B5EE-46AD-B75F-2223D32A594A.jpeg0C74D81B-BF8A-4EBE-A2D0-097A8FDE0D09.jpegB6E85C9D-675B-4698-B59F-57D892C3A1C6.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I want to add a sound bar and an HTX-6. Jealous AF

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My amps have arrived, so getting ready to install those. Connected everything at the helm using two 20’ 9-wire runs. Everything was done behind helm instead of at amp, the wire runs were not long enough. I have one set of inputs open in case I have figure out how to trigger the tower speakers zone.

BEC52B31-ED19-4552-9329-C15429904DF7.jpeg

Wiring from Connext:

Interior Speakers - *Left*: (White + White/Black -) Right: (Grey + Grey/Black -)
Deck Speakers - Left: (Green + Green/Black -) Right: (Purple + Purple/Negative -)
Subwoofer - Left: (Red + Black -) *Right*: (White + White/Black -)

Interior Left channel and Subwoofer right channel are the same colors, so you have to test to see what is what.

I made a video so people know how to test for signal output. But it won’t let me upload it

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 I think you have to upload to YouTube or something and then link to that...don't think you can upload videos directly.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well the soundbar kicked my ass, but I finally figured it out. I got it all hooked up and got horrible ground noise. Long story short, leaving out a bunch of troubleshooting:

1.The factory radio outputs are low level balanced outputs.
2. The WetSounds soundbar can only accept unbalanced inputs.

So I had to get a line output converter and connect it to the output of the factory amplifier for it to work. (If you connect to the input, the source signal is too low)

Thats a short summary for two days of troubleshooting, hopefully it helps someone else.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Well the soundbar kicked my ass, but I finally figured it out. I got it all hooked up and got horrible ground noise. Long story short, leaving out a bunch of troubleshooting:

1.The factory radio outputs are low level balanced outputs.
2. The WetSounds soundbar can only accept unbalanced inputs.

So I had to get a line output converter and connect it to the output of the factory amplifier for it to work. (If you connect to the input, the source signal is too low)

Thats a short summary for two days of troubleshooting, hopefully it helps someone else.
Would it make a difference if the sound bar had it's own amplifier? Or does yours have it?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Would it make a difference if the sound bar had it's own amplifier? Or does yours have it?
It does, that was the main problem, their amp can’t handle balanced inputs.

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Amps are in…. Still need to wire up the sub and tune everything.

For now one of the amps won’t be used, but it is ready for when I replace the cabin speakers.

F0F918C4-0AD2-496E-AB8D-63BAED9DC59B.jpeg

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Now that my old 2017 SX210 is gone, I figured I would start a build thread for my new boat, a 252SE. We had no intentions of spending this much on a boat, but here we are lol. Once we knew the SX210 was going, we stopped by the local dealer to see what they had in stock. 2 252SEs, 1 252SD and nothing else. Loved the size and how big it felt (that's what she said), so put a deposit down. They held it for a month while we got things wrapped up on the old boat.

We picked her up on the 13th and had the maiden voyage on the 14th. The boat is phenomenal, it handles chop light years better than the 210. I haven't gunned it yet but the engines feel like they want to fly. The extra room is tremendous and the 12" screen is very nice. Plan to get her back on the water this weekend. The one thing I missed immediately was the Cobra Jets, those will be an immediate addition.

We never named our old boat, so after much discussion me and my wife finally decided on "Nice Aft". I preferred "Going Propless" but Nice Aft seems to fit better in all aspects lol.

As a requirement of this forum, I have to make many modifications so I will keep that log here.

Plans so far:
Stereo Batteries
Battery Charger w/Plug
Cobra Jets
15% Tint
Custom Sea Dek w/ boat name
Upgraded Stereo
Stoltz Bow Roller
???
You said the dealer had 3 252’s in stock? Which dealer if you don’t mind me asking?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You said the dealer had 3 252’s in stock? Which dealer if you don’t mind me asking?
He posted that back in March--unfortunately, there's zero chance any of those boats are still around at this point.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my SpeakerSox over the weekend. Payment seemed sketchy but he was legit. I’ve been out on the boat a lot lately. I am behind on my 10 hour service so need to get that done this week.
Just saw this. Did you by from https://www.speakersox.com/ ?!?!

I just got a lightbar cover from him in June for my Wetsounds Sound Bar. Super sketchy paying randomly through paypal "friends and family". We ordered from him on Saturday while driving to the lake, and the cover showed up on Monday in the mailbox after being shipped from Las Vegas! Quality is pretty good as well. Can't complain there.

Been meaning to do a review and haven't gotten around to it yet.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
He posted that back in March--unfortunately, there's zero chance any of those boats are still around at this point.
This - they sold those boats probably the next day lol.