• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE - Nice Aft - Build Thread

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This is SUPER cool. I was thinking that this boat has no good place to put a tasteful name on it but this is a great idea. Where did you have it done and what was the price? Thanks!
Cast Away Customs, and I think around $500 installed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What part did you buy for this?

In other news, I completely forgot how to drive the boat yesterday. Had trouble anchoring, and got pushed aground. Sucked up a rope. Forgot to put plug back in. I guess we all have off days lol. I went to move locations and thought my rear anchor rope was completely out of the water - guess not. Engine cut off and I knew exactly what happened. First sucked rope in 5 years of jetboat ownership. Pulled the plug and got most of it, put on some goggles, swam under and was able to get the rest really easy. At the end of the day, went to leave and had no thrust in starboard. Revved up to 8grand no problem. Checked the plugs and realized I didn't put it back in..... nice welcome to boating season!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You are just showing off because you can get in the water in March

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No major progress today. I scrapped the oem style mount, I had concerns with the weight. Using 3/4 pvc board and a direct mount should make it stronger and fit better.

Still a lot of work to do. The back plate needs to be threaded so it can be removed. The front needs to be rabbited out for a recessed flush mount. Then I need to cut out the acrylic and fit it to the face. Up in the air about rounding over the edges. Once I have all that done then I have to fiberglass the gaps and sand down everything and send it off for paint.

IMG_1343.jpegIMG_1345.jpegIMG_1346.jpegIMG_1347.jpeg

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No major progress today. I scrapped the oem style mount, I had concerns with the weight. Using 3/4 pvc board and a direct mount should make it stronger and fit better.

Still a lot of work to do. The back plate needs to be threaded so it can be removed. The front needs to be rabbited out for a recessed flush mount. Then I need to cut out the acrylic and fit it to the face. Up in the air about rounding over the edges. Once I have all that done then I have to fiberglass the gaps and sand down everything and send it off for paint.

View attachment 203672View attachment 203673View attachment 203674View attachment 203675
Why not save this project for the offseason? You’re burning good daylight.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why not save this project for the offseason? You’re burning good daylight.
We are going to the Keys next month and want the GPS for then. Plus this is basically off season in FL, it’s too hot lol

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are going to the Keys next month and want the GPS for then. Plus this is basically off season in FL, it’s too hot lol
Are you talking about the two months us people in the northern US get to boat? 😁

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Most of the work on the boat is done now. Got my
Mounts made and tested, seems to very sturdy. Everything else is just the making it look pretty work now.
IMG_1350.jpegIMG_1352.jpeg

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks nice!

If I am following, you went from the standard 7” screen to the larger screen ~12in that comes with the higher trim levels (unsure of size). Is that correct? Was it just plug and play or require configuration?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks nice!

If I am following, you went from the standard 7” screen to the larger screen ~12in that comes with the higher trim levels (unsure of size). Is that correct? Was it just plug and play or require configuration?
I already had the 12” screen from the factory. The factory system has severe audio and navigation limitations so installing a Garmin MFD

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Reverse bearing flush bits came in today. Made a template and trimmed in the flush cut. Also rounded over the corners. Gotta take out the 12” one more time to make a template for that.

IMG_1358.jpegIMG_1359.jpegIMG_1361.jpegIMG_1366.jpegIMG_1367.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Dash has been dropped off for final sand and paint. Boat is in pieces right as I install new speakers, amps, and take care of what should have been warranty work. Tons of pics coming soon.