• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XE—How to disconnect surf point and or do manual mode for the boat

paulg1989

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Hi Guys ,

look story short last weekend someone left the ladder down, and it snapped off my steering plate ,

lead time is a while But what it’s showing when I go to reserve is it’s connecting to surf point , so I’m either looking to disconnect surf point or run in manual mode as the boat won’t leave the lift. As it won’t drive forward to in reserve

Attachments

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How did the ladder crack the rudder off ? Did you back up and hit something? I'm only a little familiar with that model and Surf point, that I know of is more for the set speed and take of mode slow medium or fast. You do have hydraulic steering could it be noticing some type of resistance due to damage from the rudder being cracked off ? Is the steering stiffer than it was before the incident? Try pulling the battery cable off to do a soft reboot. The rudder may have some type of alignment with the jet nozzles and it could be knocked out of calibration. Some members have removed that rudder on older model boats

paulg1989

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
How did the ladder crack the rudder off ? Did you back up and hit something? I'm only a little familiar with that model and Surf point, that I know of is more for the set speed and take of mode slow medium or fast. You do have hydraulic steering could it be noticing some type of resistance due to damage from the rudder being cracked off ? Is the steering stiffer than it was before the incident? Try pulling the battery cable of to do a soft reboot. The rudder may have some type of alignment with the jet nozzles and it could be knocked out of calibration. Some members have removed that rudder on older model boats
Thank you I’ll go try to do that shortly and let you know how it works!
Ill also try to take off the Rutter I took off the tie bar that’s was hanging off the jet that’s connected to the Rutter but I’ll try both

paulg1989

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Thank you I’ll go try to do that shortly and let you know how it works!
Ill also try to take off the Rutter I took off the tie bar that’s was hanging off the jet that’s connected to the Rutter but I’ll try both