• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was told it was more along the lines of the carburetor.
No catalytic converter means no California. You can still however buy out of state and register the boat as a non resident which is completely legal. Technically the boat should be registered in the state that it is on the water most often, like Havasu in Arizona. Trailer registered in state that the trailer stays.

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The other funny thing that I heard but not sure if true, is you can register them in California easily. PWCs are allowed to have superchargers without any issue, and technically Yamaha boats are big PWC's. Same exact engine. On the registration form it does not have an option for jet drive boats, so if you mention it's a jet similar to PWCs and jet drive, you can register it. That's at least what I heard.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t know that I need a 27’ for the 3 of us. I also don’t know that I would like full time hard Bimini top. Just not sure. I like the idea of the 242 limited SE still as our next upgrade boat and maybe in a year or 2 those boats will start having supercharged engines that can get it up to 55-60mph? And maybe the 24’ will get even better low speed handling and surf capabilities?

Looking forward to seeing pics and videos of the new 27’ design.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This will give Yamaha back their bragging rights as the largest jet drive powered boat available!
Curious to see the performance figures - doubling the 192's notorious WOT fuel consumption is 42gph, the 9' beam means a significantly heavier boat so top speed may not exceed 50mph by much. Yamaha knows their market, so I see this boat priced well below $100k.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This will give Yamaha back their bragging rights as the largest jet ski drive powered boat available!
Curious to see the performance figures - doubling the 192's notorious WOT fuel consumption is 42gph, the 9' beam means a significantly heavier boat so top speed may not exceed 50mph by much. Yamaha knows their market, so I see this boat priced well below $100k.
FIFY

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This will give Yamaha back their bragging rights as the largest jet drive powered boat available!
Except for the fact that Scarab is also supposed to debut a 28ft model in Miami at the same time... They seem to know what Yamaha is up to and constantly try to one up them in terms of both length and horse power. It's fun to watch anyway.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Except for the fact that Scarab is also supposed to debut a 28ft model in Miami at the same time... They seem to know what Yamaha is up to and constantly try to one up them in terms of both length and horse power. It's fun to watch anyway.
Frankly, I don’t get the hype.
Burning 40 gallons an hour to wake surf? I don’t think so.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At that gph rate that would make the porky Malibu MXZ and M235 seem efficient :D. I also don't get the "omg 27' hype". I'd rather see them spend the money in QC and better appointments without increasing their already grossly expensive cost for what you get. I wonder if this new barge will at least have the storage compartment cutouts smooth/finished and not jagged crap that will cut your arms if you so much as look at them wrong? I doubt it. 100k for a jet boat you'd have to be insane.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i don’t have the numbers to back this up so it is just a guess but I say no way it’s a 9ft beam I bet they stick at 8.5 ft I could be wrong for sure and it wouldn’t be the first time if so lol but man a 9ft beam would be shooting them selves in the foot unless they just don’t even plan to sell them with a trailer. I also agree with the QC comments at 100k I would likely not even consider this boat at that price point I’m looking at the Sea Ray 270 SDX all day over the Yamaha unless they really step there game up. I’m really coourious about fuel capacity as well I’m hoping they put at least 100 gallon tank on this thing I think anything less would be small.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Exactly. Personally I think Yamaha and Scarab are trying too hard to play tit for tat and forgetting that most people who buy these boats aren't willing to spend big money. If you're looking to drop 100k on a boat there are SO MANY better choices out there that get you a much higher quality and overall better boat. Safety of a non-prop only gets you so far. These boats also aren't near as efficient either so factor in a lot of fuel costs to run them at anything above 25 mph. If you plan on wake surfing or running heavy loads the motors need to scream to pull the weight so your fuel burn might as well be wot figures. I just don't see a market pounding down the doors in TN demanding such a boat. I have however seen owners on here complain of shotty craftsmanship and QC for their $30-75k jet boat. We shouldn't have to wash out the bilge in a brand new boat. We shouldn't see spare parts, washers and fasteners come out of our drain plugs (or block them entirely). We shouldn't have to wear Full motorcycle leather suit just to work inside of the storage compartments to save from being shredded to bits. We shouldn't have to FIX leaking boats or look at that eye sore of an anchor locker drain hack job. Connext needs a thorough revamp. These are just little things that add up in a big way, especially when you're dropping 100k.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Exactly. Personally I think Yamaha and Scarab are trying too hard to play tit for tat and forgetting that most people who buy these boats aren't willing to spend big money. If you're looking to drop 100k on a boat there are SO MANY better choices out there that get you a much higher quality and overall better boat. Safety of a non-prop only gets you so far. These boats also aren't near as efficient either so factor in a lot of fuel costs to run them at anything above 25 mph. If you plan on wake surfing or running heavy loads the motors need to scream to pull the weight so your fuel burn might as well be wot figures. I just don't see a market pounding down the doors in TN demanding such a boat. I have however seen owners on here complain of shotty craftsmanship and QC for their $30-75k jet boat. We shouldn't have to wash out the bilge in a brand new boat. We shouldn't see spare parts, washers and fasteners come out of our drain plugs (or block them entirely). We shouldn't have to wear Full motorcycle leather suit just to work inside of the storage compartments to save from being shredded to bits. We shouldn't have to FIX leaking boats or look at that eye sore of an anchor locker drain hack job. Connext needs a thorough revamp. These are just little things that add up in a big way, especially when you're dropping 100k.
I'd agreed with this. At $50k a jet boat made my list along with some used wakeboard boats as a great new boat that I could try the sport of surfing behind for a price I could afford. At $100K a jet boat wouldn't even make the long list. Don't get me wrong, I love my 212x but if I had $100k to spend I would be into something else.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can tell enough that it definitely has the same look and lines of the 24' just longer. The cockpit glass profile looks very different and a bit sleeker. That Bimini hardtop looks massive.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All the pricing talk is obviously speculation, but let this sink in: $100K (actual sale price, not MSRP) is pretty much Cobalt R5 territory. I like Yamaha but seriously they'd need to step up pretty considerably to compete in either the showroom or on the water in that price bracket. Many people see the MSRP price difference between Yamaha and other manufacturers and conclude that Yamaha are considerably less expensive. Problem with that is that Yamaha dealers seldom "deal" in any significant way that I've ever seen, whereas 15 - 25% off MSRP is not at all uncommon with other brands.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ive said it before, and maybe yall are all a LOT richer than me, but a 100k boat that drinks premium like a pair of forced induction engines will is out of my budget. I would love the extra space, but not if it means needing premium gas.

dfssdf

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What have we heard, I was just at the Dallas Boat Expo and heard from a good source, he was flying to Miami next week to see this new 27' beast. All he could tell me was, that is going to be luxurious.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What boat is this?
Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 10.26.47 PM.png