• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

27' new Yamaha model 275 jet boat to be unveil Thursday at the Miami Boat Show

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Scarab was pushed back til mid-summer last I heard anything.

Also heard no 24' FSH. :sadface:

Still going to the show. No real interest in this 26/27'er from yammy, but I'm anxious to see it nonetheless.

note - I have zero inside information, everything I've "heard" has been posted publicly somewhere at some point, or even just hearsay.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
note - I have zero inside information, everything I've "heard" has been posted publicly somewhere at some point, or even just hearsay.
So can you recorded a video at the show and post it here? You can do this with YouTube (and FB). If you live stream it, post up your account details (youtube is preferable) and when you think you'll start, and you'll have watchers from the site. Then when you are done, you can post a link to the live stream recording for those that couldn't watch it live! (landscape video is better than vertical)....

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Absolutely.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
9' beam and jet doesn't seem like a great combo to me, if that's actually what they make. At that beam, it's effectively not really a "trailer" boat anymore. In my experience, these boats don't love being left in the water for a long time, as marine growth on the hull and around the pump inlets has a dramatic impact on performance. Hopefully they'll maintain an 8'6" beam so the owner can still easily trailer the boat home or somewhere else to clean it regularly.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pics or it aint true

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Heads up, the new boat isn’t California compliant. Learned that today at the dealership when I asked about it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Heads up, the new boat isn’t California compliant. Learned that today at the dealership when I asked about it.
That’s because of the supercharged engines. Yamaha 19’ boats with superchargers weren’t Commiecompliant either.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That’s because of the supercharged engines. Yamaha 19’ boats with superchargers weren’t Commiecompliant either.
I was told it was more along the lines of the carburetor.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually it’s les than you think since the hull isn’t near that length. Yamaha likes to include the swim platform into their total length even though the running surface and available cockpit is several feet less than that.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was told it was more along the lines of the carburetor.
no you mean CARB compliant (California clean air board). Carburetors haven’t been used for many, many years....

It's the supercharger but you're welcome to believe what they tell you. Same engine more or less in the 1.8L naturally aspirated engine with the addition of a supercharger, tuning, etc that increases (in their eyes) more harmful emissions thus doesn't get the 4 star emissions required for CA. Yamaha 192 and 195 boats are 3 star rated engines. This new boat uses the same engines as the 195's use.

Last edited:

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
no you mean CARB compliant (California clean air board). Carburetors haven’t been used for many, many years....

It's the supercharger but you're welcome to believe what they tell you. Same engine more or less in the 1.8L naturally aspirated engine with the addition of a supercharger, tuning, etc that increases (in their eyes) more harmful emissions thus doesn't get the 4 star emissions required for CA. Yamaha 192 and 195 boats are 3 star rated engines. This new boat uses the same engines as the 195's use.
I may have mis-interpreted that. I’m not saying you’re wrong at all.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's likely what the dealer or whomever was trying to say I would guess. At any rate I believe some members on here that live in CA still bought 192 and 195 boats but they bought them out of state. Not sure how that whole process works with registration over there if you buy out of state something that is illegal. As they say if there is a will there is a way.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's likely what the dealer or whomever was trying to say I would guess. At any rate I believe some members on here that live in CA still bought 192 and 195 boats but they bought them out of state. Not sure how that whole process works with registration over there if you buy out of state something that is illegal. As they say if there is a will there is a way.
He said people do that frequently butnyou have to wait 2 years before its eligible to be registered in CA. He lost me at that point.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tell tel me what i can and cant have MP. LOL

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haha, no no, you do what you want! I’ll let it slide.
Lol youll be the first MP to ever tell me that. Most of the time its "SFC can you please step out of the car"

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Lol youll be the first MP to ever tell me that. Most of the time its "SFC can you please step out of the car"
In that case, can I see your drivers license, insurance, registration, cac card, bank routing number and account number 😈👮🏼‍♂️

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In that case, can I see your drivers license, insurance, registration, cac card, bank routing number and account number 😈👮🏼‍♂️
Well played . Go ahead and call the CSM tell him to come get me.