• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Abacos 2019

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What day are you guys leaving?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would love to see a detailed abacos vs bimini write up when trips are done!
@Speedling they are two different worlds. I personally prefer Bimini but @veedubtek his crew and my wife preferred Abaco. I don't recall which way @Andy S felt about the two. Aback is significantly larger and offers a lot more options on things to do and lodging. What I didn't like was how large it was the place had more a feel of being in the FL Keys then being in the out island Bahamas to me. We went grocery shopping over there in a store that was basically the Bahamas version of a walmart it had everything you would expect in your local super market and more and was huge so supplies are readily available over there. With the are being large it meant a lot of travel each day to get to things we wanted to do we could easily do 50-100 miles each day over there bouncing around. My wife I think has decided that is where we are going back to in 2020 but it was not my favorite my ranks still go 1. Exuma 2. Bimini 3 Abaco

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling they are two different worlds. I personally prefer Bimini but @veedubtek his crew and my wife preferred Abaco. I don't recall which way @Andy S felt about the two. Aback is significantly larger and offers a lot more options on things to do and lodging. What I didn't like was how large it was the place had more a feel of being in the FL Keys then being in the out island Bahamas to me. We went grocery shopping over there in a store that was basically the Bahamas version of a walmart it had everything you would expect in your local super market and more and was huge so supplies are readily available over there. With the are being large it meant a lot of travel each day to get to things we wanted to do we could easily do 50-100 miles each day over there bouncing around. My wife I think has decided that is where we are going back to in 2020 but it was not my favorite my ranks still go 1. Exuma 2. Bimini 3 Abaco
Thanks!
I am thinking Bimini again in 2020. I never made it to a few quick destinations, I like that I am comfortable with it. I do wish there was more restaurant options. We had underestimated the amount of food to bring as well so a little more of stocking up availability would have been nice.
Perhaps another time we hit up Abacos and start exploring. Perhaps I have a growing bucket list I need to attend to. Perhaps I"ll get a bigger boat by the time I go to other islands.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Gadiel This is what my apps are showing

Screenshot_20190602-233717_SailFlow.jpgScreenshot_20190602-233656_SailFlow.jpgScreenshot_20190602-233408_Windfinder Pro.jpgScreenshot_20190602-233353_Windfinder Pro.jpg

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Gadiel By Wednesday I would be able to get a more accurate forecast of the conditions.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t trust that Saturday forecast coming off an overnight blow it will likely be a washing machine out there in the morning. Not impassible but possibly a rough ride to West End.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My app Windfinder pro shows early Sunday morning will be their best bet and Saturday is all showers.

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What do you guys think about the weather forecast ?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Gadiel how many boats are going to Abacos? Which day have you decided to launch ? Good luck guys. If you provide your inreach link we will keep an eye out on you and monitor your progress.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Dean P , @DIRTYOAR , @jayasaki138
From my perspective this is what I see
July 4 late night fireworks in Dc. I booked a flight to Miami early 5th morning as the boat is stored in Miami. On the 5th I plan to bring the boat into West Palm Beach. I was told it will be around 7-8 hours in the icw channel to go from Miami to WPM due to the speed restrictions. Jay and dirtyoar will be trailering their boat from Virginia to Florida which will take up all of the 5th. Ideally should we plan to launch on the 7th early morning or 6th late morning as all of us are on the road on the 5th and not sure when we all will reach WPB on the 5th?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Dean P , @DIRTYOAR , @jayasaki138
From my perspective this is what I see
July 4 late night fireworks in Dc. I booked a flight to Miami early 5th morning as the boat is stored in Miami. On the 5th I plan to bring the boat into West Palm Beach. I was told it will be around 7-8 hours in the icw channel to go from Miami to WPM due to the speed restrictions. Jay and dirtyoar will be trailering their boat from Virginia to Florida which will take up all of the 5th. Ideally should we plan to launch on the 7th early morning or 6th late morning as all of us are on the road on the 5th and not sure when we all will reach WPB on the 5th?
Sounds good to me. Thank you for the update.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
ill be right behind you. leaving NY the 8th night into the 9th. hoping to leave Fl right after light shopping.
You will need to hit close to 200 miles in the ocean on Sunday to reach Treasure Cay (I assume you are staying here). This is on top of the drive from NY to Florida, reaching WPB on Sunday morning. I hope you have alternative plans to either stay in spanish Cay or the west end on Sunday evening in case you get delayed.

@Berrie when you went to Abacos how much time did it take for you to reach Spanish Cay?

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Gadiel how many boats are going to Abacos? Which day have you decided to launch ? Good luck guys. If you provide your inreach link we will keep an eye out on you and monitor your progress.
Thanks for the good wishes
We have 4 boats going and we are shooting for Saturday morning
This is my inReach link
Password is abaco2019