• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding amp to cabin speakers

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
oh i looked at your drawing are you using RCA/ Line level outs or speaker wires out of the head unit? the amp will need to know this ether via config or input ports
That's not my drawing

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Depends if you want to fade front/rear or not. If you don't need it, you can set the amp to 2/3 channel mode and you only need one set of RCA's going to the "front" inputs and you can power all the speakers. The amp comes with a little manual that shows connection options and how to do it with switches on the amp.
How do I do this? How do I set the amp to 2/3 channel mode, and that will still work while using all 5 channels?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that all seems good, the amps need be configured in 2 channel mode as your only sending 2 channels to them and then you likely need to tell the amp that running the subs that thats how your using the amp...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah the amp withthe sub need to be in 3 channel mode that will send the 2 input channels to all four mains speakers as just 2 channels and then send the sub signals to the sub as the third... what kind of amp is that so i can read the manual qiuckly so Im not guessing

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
that all seems good, the amps need be configured in 2 channel mode as your only sending 2 channels to them and then you likely need to tell the amp that running the subs that thats how your using the amp...
I told the amp, it didn't listen. Lmfao. How the hell do I do what you just explained

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I told the amp, it didn't listen. Lmfao. How the hell do I do what you just explained
what model amp so I can read the instructions LOL

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
seems like your rca connections should be??
hu rca's to jbl front inputs..
jbl preouts to mtx amp..
jbl sub switch to INT

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok looking at the quick start guide so you dont need to use those funky speaker adapter plugs and just connect the 2 lines you have coming in to all 4 RCA INPUT jacks and select the LO level input switch this is assuming you have the speakers as in MA4505 5 channel operation 4 speakers and a sub.

now we have a few more switch settings to verify hold on

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
set the cross over to LP and then set the subwoofer to INT... then follow the instructions to set the crossover frequency and gain and sub level to your preferences

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the JBL has line outs just to the left of the line inputs to feed the next amp...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah ok the 4505 does not... the manual is for a couple models... thats the external sub input RCA's s to to frrd the other amp you need to split the signal coming out of the head unit... and you will def need to adjust the gain and does the head unit allow the boosting of the line level out power?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The sub woofer is now playing as well after I did your setting!! Now to just get the back set of cabins playing. The gain and frequency were all the way down🤣🤣😬

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the front and rear filters should be set to HI so that you dont over load the smaller speakers with signals they don't handle well,, I told you wrong to set it to LOW i sways mess that up...

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
yeah ok the 4505 does not... the manual is for a couple models... thats the external sub input RCA's s to to frrd the other amp you need to split the signal coming out of the head unit... and you will def need to adjust the gain and does the head unit allow the boosting of the line level out power?
How do I split the signal coming out if the HU? I doubt it does it is the factory MA200

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The sub woofer is now playing as well after I did your setting!! Now to just get the back set of cabins playing. The gain and frequency were all the way down🤣🤣😬
the sub cross over frequency should be down around 500 Hz to 1 KHz