• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advise on Seadek Colors

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot Is the warranty good for all other issues except the light amplification? I have a '16 SX 240 in yacht blue that has the chocolate over black on the swimdeck .I'd hate to have to swap the swimdeck just to match colors when I go to do the cockpit.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We can sell it but must warn that due to many cases of melting in the cockpit the warranty is void when installing in the cockpit. The swim platform and some of the optional pieces don't have much issues, but the angle of the vertical fiberglass surfaces in the cockpit area has been causing some nasty melting problems. We've been able to replace the ones that have melted under warranty thus far but really try to advise that people do not use the chocolate in the cockpit.

the best alternative I've been able to come up with for the 2016 242 models is the Mica over Chocolate. Its a light tan over the factory chocolate color.
Do you have a picture of the Micah over chocolate? We got a color sample box direct from seadek and were drawn to the micah (we have a 242 black limited with the tan cockpit) and we're considering micah over black but hadn't considered micah over chocolate until now.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't have any pictures of it installed but I have a color swatches image.

https://flic.kr/p/Nu4gbG

Zoom in on the first image.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes small square on on the top panel, far right. Group buy is September.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I chose the grey camo seadek and am very happy with it. I think the teak looks better initially, but I knew my floor would take a beating with all the skis and boards on it. The camo hides everything and is holding up great. The white has turned a little grey but it still looks really good IMHO.

I had some pictures posted somewhere but can't find them.
I found my install thread for anyone considering snow camo.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/snow-camo-seadek-install-pictures.2887/

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it the top level, far right? If so, that looks sharp, I'm in! When's the group buy?... :D
@AndyD Did you get Mica over Chocolate? If so, have any good photos?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AndyD Did you get Mica over Chocolate? If so, have any good photos?
I haven't gotten the seadek yet but I got a small sample from Will. It compliments the chocolate over black that comes stock with the 2016 242's and I think we're going to go with it. We're not going to replace the existing pieces but just add to the cockpit because I think it will look really good with the two different tones complimented on the boat.

IMG_5232.JPG IMG_5233.JPG

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't gotten the seadek yet but I got a small sample from Will. It compliments the chocolate over black that comes stock with the 2016 242's and I think we're going to go with it. We're not going to replace the existing pieces but just add to the cockpit because I think it will look really good with the two different tones complimented on the boat.

View attachment 63935 View attachment 63936
I am in the same situation, either replace the current chocolate over black and go with a completely different color or go this route. So tough to tell what it would look like without big peices laid in the cockpit. I love the classic look of the faux teak but this combo might be a winner.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 63935 View attachment 63936
Where is the stock pieces on the '16 242s? Swimdeck, copilot dash and anchor hatch?