• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket steering wheel*pictures please*

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anyone change out there steering wheel? If so pictures and link to purchase. Was it direct replacement?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have only heard of people swapping between models ie. The ss or x wheel on a sx.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Same years only or will all years fit?
I don't know onthe newer boats i believe i had seen someone take one apart recently but not replace. Hopefully another chimes in.
Why are you wanting to swap?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I don't know onthe newer boats i believe i had seen someone take one apart recently but not replace. Hopefully another chimes in.
Why are you wanting to swap?
Black plastic on wheel is awful condition

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I cant speak directly but from the pics I've seen of some of the newer Yamahas they look a lot like Isotta wheels. They look like they run the 3/4" taped shaft to the adapter that Teleflex makes. If this is the case you can probably pull the adapter and run any of the 3/4" tapered shaft wheels on the market.

That's just my speculation as a new lurker to the forum that doesnt own, but sees some things are being used in the wakeboat world. So ya, the above is mere SPECULATION.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just replaced my factory 16 ar240 wheel with a 19 ar240 wheel

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dirrect fit. Nothing needed. Just had to buy the center cap and emblem with new wheel

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
it was direct replacement, took a little pulling on the old wheel but it came out

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loosen nut a bit and have someone pull on wheel while hit shaft with a brass hammer or a large punch with regular hammer on the shaft. It will come off easy

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Luvallie25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I am considering this wheel:

Does anyone have the old wheel for sale ? A bunch of stuff was stolen of our boat including the steering wheel, it’s 2020 sx195.... would like to get one as cheap as possible ....

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought one like this off ebay in 2018 to replace my steering wheel on my 2010 212x. Finally got around to installing it this summer and found out it was not a direct replacement. I had to drill all new holes in it which were covered up by the Yamaha emblem cover. It looks great but it was some work to get all the studs lined up. It is smaller in diameter which makes it easier to get in and out of the seat. I really like how it handles too. The grey material (mine was actually red) at the 3 oclock and 9 oclock positions came off so now its just black in those spots. Overall I recommend it for the size and feel but not for the quality and needing to drill new holes.
1602733018464.png