• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ALC vs MLC

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm pulling the trigger on a set of lectrotabs for my birthday and I have read all the many posts about them but I was hoping to get some last minute advice on the controller. I've read several comments from people with the ALC that have stated if they were to do it all again, they would opt for the MLC and save some money. Can someone who owns an ALC set-up please elaborate on this. My primary boating is on the Nuese River in NC. It can get pretty rough from wind driven chop so that is why I want the tabs. Also, I rarely have people walking around in the boat while under way, so the auto-list correction feature is probably not that important in my usage.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the ALC and it only works well on smooth water with minimum wind, which is rare on my lake. I love the lectrotabs and would get the manual controller.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll add to my comment that the ALC “works” in the sense that it detects the changes in the boat’s attitude and makes instant adjustments. You can watch the controller in rough chop and it’s constantly adjusting the tabs. However, I get the best results just setting the tabs manually in those conditions, typically down only 1 or 2 of the indicator lights.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The alc works well to level the boat port to starboard. If we hit rough stuff I have to shut off auto. I would go with the mlc if I did it again.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The alc works well to level the boat port to starboard. If we hit rough stuff I have to shut off auto. I would go with the mlc if I did it again.
Cool. Thanks! You guys are saving me money! Lol!