• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

alternate side force stabilizers for the Ultimate steering system on the late model nozzles

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
HaHa... that was pretty funny!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You had to know I was not kidding about the impact test ,I hope. I really meant for him to do it and I can straighten that bracket out in a few minutes and have it back in use without a doubt, Next I am going to get one of the many thrust vector systems that people have given my and see how that holds up to my polish baseball bat lol, I know what LOL means by the way haaa.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You had to know I was not kidding about the impact test ,I hope. I really meant for him to do it and I can straighten that bracket out in a few minutes and have it back in use without a doubt, Next I am going to get one of the many thrust vector systems that people have given my and see how that holds up to my polish baseball bat lol, I know what LOL means by the way haaa.
ROTFL I dont know why they are calling you Popeye? This is what I think:

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
haaa so you are agreeing with what my son said the other day?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I think your fins are very unlikely to cause damage to the boat or the pumps - on impact - I have said it all along.

That said, I think @Foobar had raised a legitimate point. A nylon bolt (or whatever that was) may or may not be necessary or needed but it would be nice to have a conversation about modifications and about which ones work and which ones don't here, in open forum.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, I think your fins are very unlikely to cause damage to the boat or the pumps - on impact - I have said it all along.

That said, I think @Foobar had raised a legitimate point. A nylon bolt (or whatever that was) may or may not be necessary or needed but it would be nice to have a conversation about modifications and about which ones work and which ones don't here, in open forum.

--
Maybe you need to go back and review very carefully what I posted this morning.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok so once again we have a new year and new people on the board, Since I have been designing steering for jet boats & personal watercraft that totally rocks , makes the boat or ski handle above and beyond what you could ever expect & Since I hate sales people who will tell you anything to get some of your money. Please understand that is obviously not my style nor will it ever be my style!
Actually those of you who have been around this and the previous web page are familiar with my no B/S way of doing things, Some of you want me to change and some of you have figured out that I shoot from the hip and I won't mislead you to sell you something.
I appreciate that this is not what people expect and that all people are skeptical at first , I also understand some people are willing to compromise themselves for a buck and the majority of people think it is par for the course.
I like being myself and I love helping people enjoy their boating time. So new boating year and the new members of the web page will be learning a lot of information here that will be very beneficial to them if they are willing to ask.
I always try to be helpful but I spent 23 years dealing with the public , those" Poor ba///rds "
I believe my customers are my best sales people so I always ask for testimonials.
I also ask for them to try my steering systems and to compare them to other systems out there and I have no issues with that because I already know the answer.
I never discourage people from trying other peoples systems and comparing them to mine. So if you have my ultimate steering on a twin engine boat or my Magnum A K steering system on a twin engine boat and you want to try them with the lateral thrusters I have no issue with that, I encourage it and I wish people would let others drive their boat if it is equipped with any of my systems.
I have always encouraged it. Ask people what they think and remember the reason I offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can fall in love with these systems or return them.
Steering at all speeds steering for water sports steering for guest operators for off power for reverse control and the prices speak volumes because I don't have a big overhead adding costs on to my parts. I have no intention of selling myself out for money, I build my parts and understand them better that any other person on the planet. So if you need to know something I am the best source for answers.
Now welcome to the 2018 jet boat season sit back, relax and enjoy your boat. Ask and learn. And share your experiences with the rest of the forum if you care to.

Twitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Asking to me go outside with a baseball bat and a video camera is not an offer.

I have seen nylon bolts used as break points on other applications on boats. They work just fine under normal operation and do not sheer. I asked if you have tried it.

I am just not going to comment or share anymore.
I just want to address this Statement to both Cobra Jet and Foobar.
Me personally , I like seeing people putting products through rigorous sometimes extreme testing like Mythbusters. There are people that do this sort of thing all the time. Just an example
I don't see me doing this anytime soon. I'm only human and wish I had the money to break things for a living lol. So I understand not wanting to foot the bill. That being said If I think there is a problem with something, I would apply a scientific method to prove my theory. Otherwise it's just conjecture. I look at videos and forums to see if anyone has had the same problems and post any I may have found to help others. To say anything else is once again conjecture and can lead to more questions then answers. If I don't see any proof of the theoretical problem, then there is none and it is up to happenstance. To quote an old proverb "If it isn't broke don't fix it."

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just want to address this Statement to both Cobra Jet and Foobar.
Me personally , I like seeing people putting products through rigorous sometimes extreme testing like Mythbusters. There are people that do this sort of thing all the time. Just an example
I don't see me doing this anytime soon. I'm only human and wish I had the money to break things for a living lol. So I understand not wanting to foot the bill. That being said If I think there is a problem with something, I would apply a scientific method to prove my theory. Otherwise it's just conjecture. I look at videos and forums to see if anyone has had the same problems and post any I may have found to help others. To say anything else is once again conjecture and can lead to more questions then answers. If I don't see any proof of the theoretical problem, then there is none and it is up to happenstance. To quote an old proverb "If it isn't broke don't fix it."
What a great first post!!!
Welcome, I think you will like it here.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What no 2 by 4 or baseball bat??? Snow and ice is just water so?? Swat was thay you driving the boat ? looks like your lake, all frozen.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if the driver had to get off to push on any of the takes, if he came up short on inertia. Very cool video!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What no 2 by 4 or baseball bat??? Snow and ice is just water so?? Swat was thay you driving the boat ? looks like your lake, all frozen.
Nah. ... I don't think running over ice would work well with an FRP hull...
But I do run pretty shallow over mud:

Or - mangrove, lol (following @chris24)

--

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dude you have Cobra jet Steering Magnum A K steering and Mega Fangs YOU WILL RIP YOUR PUMPS OFF FOR SURE!!!!! Ok all kidding aside I would hate to see what your engine water jackets look like .

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading through his thread I'm again convinced that I'd never want anything from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC.
Your pure arrogance to anyone's opinion never ceases to amaze me. It's nearly as bad as the service at Cycle springs, aka "Dragon". Anyone's opinion to any of your products you take offense to. It's as if they're calling your kid ugly. You have no idea how to deal with customers. You try to say you're old but really who gives a damn? Show respect to paying customers. Or don't. Maybe you're happy where you are and only will make stuff for people who will (deal with your shit. AKA reach around) Either way, I'll take my hard earned money elsewhere...

Last edited:

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Laugh if you want but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. But if I am then everyone can laugh at me.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok all kidding aside I would hate to see what your engine water jackets look like .
Well, I'm not too worried about it based on my experience in that river (w/mostly outboards) - it will be a few years before I plan to take a peek, not any time soon. if I still have the boat, that is.

Truth is, if I sat in that deep muck/silt all day long like many jonboats here, fishing, it could be an issue. But I run primarily in the channel more than enough to flush any crap out. That river is all fresh, rain water that's pretty soft, some silt passing through doesn't seem to hurt much. I do flush it with SaltAway, too, probably not necessary but I like it.

And besides, I'll take fresh water silt over salt and sand, any day!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
haa so I do not own a baseball bat but I do own a 2 by 4 I wish I had a bat but this did the job just fine, I only mounted the pump forcing cone with 2 of the normal 4 bolts and the sun was pretty strong so I had to put a beach umbrella up to be able to see this on video or it would have been full of glare. But it was fun any way, I mounted it upside down to get a good swing at the fin hit it as hard as I could 3 times and the bracket gave in as it is supposed to with ZERO harm to any of the other parts not even the fin.
I attached a picture of the bracket that was the only damage
I once got caught in a bad cross wind while driving the boat on the trailer. I missed the front roller stop at an angle so the boat drove up to far at a slight angle. When that happened one of the trailer bunks hit my left AK fin and did exactly what happened in this video. Bent the same support bracket but a little more so than Jeff did in his demonstration video and that was it. I simply removed the bracket to straighten it out and reinstalled. That was back in August of 2016 and have had no issues since. Other than my restraighten job of the breacket is not perfect...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited: