• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

alternate side force stabilizers for the Ultimate steering system on the late model nozzles

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As for swat I have a way for you to check the water jackets fairly easily and to quickly test your thermostats for proper operation thereby eliminating any concern for these items.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a way for you to check the water jackets fairly easily and to quickly test your thermostats for proper operation thereby eliminating any concern for these items.

Huh, glad you do.
But where is the "no useful" icon (I'm gonna need one), lol. I'm guessing it's gonna be just like your intake grate mod...

I'm thinking IF I ever wanted to do that, I would think of snaking one of those little $10 snake cameras w/iPhone somewhere, before taking off the exhaust manifold.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Now as for my steering and people wanting to suggest modifications that were not run by me first and I knew or should have known that this was a very bad idea that could have serious consequences I will take the criticism for telling you DON'T DO IT.
I recently had a post regarding the wake wedge where the owner thought I was making a comment about his product that he totally disagreed with and he did not want future customers to have the wrong idea about his product, @jcyamaharider immediately jumped in to set the record straight. I totally understood and clarified the information with no ill will because I understand totally. I was referencing having better control of your boat during water sports activities and incorrectly assumed that a wake wedge would add resistance to the steering or handling of the boat.
Now had I gone there and suggested that perhaps people should use cable ties to secure his parts without consulting him about this change I believe he would be obligated to immediately address that information. I have the same obligation and I ask if anyone has been told things like my parts will rip your pump off or the stress is going to damage your nozzle or pump and even better if you were shown some pictures to make you believe this It would be of paramount importance to me and your fellow jet boat owners to forward this information to me so I can address it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Huh, glad you do.
But where is the "no useful" icon (I'm gonna need one), lol. I'm guessing it's gonna be just like your intake grate mod...

I'm thinking IF I ever wanted to do that, I would think of snaking one of those little $10 snake cameras w/iPhone somewhere, before taking off the exhaust manifold.

--
upload_2018-3-7_9-38-18.jpeg

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not concerned with damaging the fins. I am concerned about the nozzles and pump housings.
All in all The TV will get damaged before the Cobras. Cobras materials seem to be more durable. But yes anything on a boat can get damaged but like @swatski stated very low chance. Both systems sit above the hull/keel so I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. Either way they are better improved steering and just like all aftermarket parts, there are chances for accidents to happen. I just look at the materials to see which could last longer and it seems the cobras are winning in that department to me. :) Hope everyone finds the right system for their needs tho.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All in all The TV will get damaged before the Cobras. Cobras materials seem to be more durable. But yes anything on a boat can get damaged but like @swatski stated very low chance. Both systems sit above the hull/keel so I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. Either way they are better improved steering and just like all aftermarket parts, there are chances for accidents to happen. I just look at the materials to see which could last longer and it seems the cobras are winning in that department to me. :) Hope everyone finds the right system for their needs tho.
Well, @Foobar made a good point in his video about Glocks - being made out of polymer. So, I'm not sure that material's the most important distinction, to me - it is not. The functionality - is.

Functionally, the two fin systems could not be more different (even though they are similar - at no wake steering). Cobras steer at speed, TVs don't.
There is not Cobra equivalent to LTEs.
There is no JBP equivalent of MEGAs.

--

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading through his thread I'm again convinced that I'd never want anything from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC.
Your pure arrogance to anyone's opinion never ceases to amaze me. It's nearly as bad as the service at Cycle springs, aka "Dragon". Anyone's opinion to any of your products you take offense to. It's as if they're calling your kid ugly. You have no idea how to deal with customers. You try to say you're old but really who gives a damn? Show respect to paying customers. Or don't. Maybe you're happy where you are and only will make stuff for people who will (deal with your shit. AKA reach around) Either way, I'll take my hard earned money elsewhere...
Already felt this way when he falsely accused the mods in another thread.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should have seen Jeff on the old board! FANTASTIC product, great innovator, TERRIBLE people skills. His company, his choice. Take it or leave it.

Last edited:

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So I placed a few links from previous threads regarding some the previously discussed subjects probably the easiest way to help the new boating class of 2018.
I think it is very important for new people to get in the habit of doing searches on this and other web sites when they have questions speaking first hand most of the people on this web page really are willing to help you as much as possible, it is a pretty good storehouse of information and recourses. Keep in mind that some of us have been involved with jet boats for many years and boating for many decades so it may all be new to some of you but not us and we will always be willing to help people that need it. Please make an honest effort to contribute to this wealth of useful knowledge to help others . It may also give you a feeling of self worth knowing you were able to assist a total stranger I know it makes me happy to help.
If you are one of the few here that want to come out and attack or insult the people who spend their time here offering helpful advice contributing to the value of this site , the very least you could do is make an attempt to contribute some positive input to this site and if you don't have any positive input to offer that is just sad.
In any event I hope a few of these threads shine some light on things.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/broken-nozzle-deflector.2289/ here is one post supporting why I use a second tie rod to balance out the system and reinforce it https://jetboaters.net/threads/on-the-water-and-lost-steering-on-starboard-engine.7631/#post-132127
and another https://jetboaters.net/threads/steering-after-a-steering-cable-failure-twin-engined-yamahas.10707/#post-183420
https://jetboaters.net/threads/need-help-asap-missing-fin-bolts.14143/#post-244382
https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-steering-viper-system.12942/#post-243692

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I placed a few links from previous threads regarding some the previously discussed subjects probably the easiest way to help the new boating class of 2018.
I think it is very important for new people to get in the habit of doing searches on this and other web sites when they have questions speaking first hand most of the people on this web page really are willing to help you as much as possible, it is a pretty good storehouse of information and recourses. Keep in mind that some of us have been involved with jet boats for many years and boating for many decades so it may all be new to some of you but not us and we will always be willing to help people that need it. Please make an honest effort to contribute to this wealth of useful knowledge to help others . It may also give you a feeling of self worth knowing you were able to assist a total stranger I know it makes me happy to help.
If you are one of the few here that want to come out and attack or insult the people who spend their time here offering helpful advice contributing to the value of this site , the very least you could do is make an attempt to contribute some positive input to this site and if you don't have any positive input to offer that is just sad.
In any event I hope a few of these threads shine some light on things.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/broken-nozzle-deflector.2289/ here is one post supporting why I use a second tie rod to balance out the system and reinforce it https://jetboaters.net/threads/on-the-water-and-lost-steering-on-starboard-engine.7631/#post-132127
and another https://jetboaters.net/threads/steering-after-a-steering-cable-failure-twin-engined-yamahas.10707/#post-183420
https://jetboaters.net/threads/need-help-asap-missing-fin-bolts.14143/#post-244382
https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-steering-viper-system.12942/#post-243692
Very well said. Welcome Class of 2018 :Welcome:

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And wasn't that accusation about mods deleting posts? Did the mod delete jeffs post from yesterday??

Edit: never mind I put him on ignore

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We bought TV in 2015.. . Once we learned how to get out of the spray zone we have had zero problems... When we were deciding which system to buy my wife decided the TV because we can get them in red and they match my boat... Dipping the cobra fins in the blood of my fallen enemies was just too labor intensive!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is a partial list of things that people who are new to jet boating may want to do a search on for their benefit.
Towing a jet boat or driving on one engine, how to do it and how to avoid destroying your engine while doing it.
My reverse move for removing weeds from the pump without using a clean out port.
Overfilling your oil and what can happen if you do. How to avoid that when doing an oil change.
Running in limp mode especially if your boat is running hot !
push button clean out plugs and how to prevent a blowout, what happens if your clean out plug allows water in the hull, what to do if you ingest water in your engine.
how to properly flush your engine to avoid flooding it.
Clearing water from your exhaust after use without revving the engine.
Timing chain failures on 1800 engines.
Seat cushions blowing out when towing.
forward swept towers,
pump liner swelling.
greasing the intermediate bearings or not.
Zinc anodes for salt water use.
Others will add to this list I am sure, as there are a lot more points of interest that can save your day on the water and save your bank account from costly repair bills.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I've dealt with Jeff in person and have zero bad things to say. I would not hesitate to buy again.

I could see how some might perceive him in a negative manner on here. However you guys need to consider that this is the internet and he is from a time before that. I think his internet communication could be improved (I struggle to read half your posts lol) but at the end of the day he means well and defends his product when others slyly (is that a word?) attack it.

@ThatJeepGuy If you are considering any system, I highly recommend you drive down the 45 minutes or so and pick it up personally from Jeff. Hell he might even put it on for you, who knows. People are a lot different in real life than the internet, which seems to be either you're unicorn fairy nice or you offend people.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
However you guys need to consider that this is the internet and he is from a time before that.
@adrianp89 I agree, I remember hearing stories of how Noah wanted to stay with GOD's plan and Jeff assured him Cobra fins (or was it the "Golden Cow" version) would help the ark and avoid mountain tops, (oh why haven't I learned how to photoshop stuff yet :( that could have been sooo good).

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have had nothing but a good experiences in purchasing from Jeff and asking him questions after the purchase.

Sure some might see his comments as unnecessary, rude or defensive sometimes. Or you could take into consideration that he's spent years developing a product and building a business for it, and that he believes in it and is very passionate about it.

I'll take rough around the edges passion over an ordinary retail transaction any day.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Perhaps I know where the bad information is originating from and it gets old.
I speak for myself others use trolls or feed people full of BS, remember I have been doing this a long time and I know the game and the players.
I also have an advantage I can watch a video and read body language and verbal cues or read between the lines when people post .
I did recently start to take advantage of the IGNORE option on this web page and I do love not having to read posts from people I consider trolls. I
Also I have learned that if I touch a nerve trolls will jump in and try to derail the subject by making silly remarks or jokes or try to attack me to keep people from actually paying attention to the information and start thinking about the content seriously.
So play the game and remember when a troll jumps in to derail a thread it's a big flag so pay attention, similar to slight of hand in a magic trick ,divert their attention away from the real message.
Either way I'm 65 I can retire any time and I can license my patents to anyone I want, sit back and watch the commotion because I do this as a part time job I like it that way. NO overhead to speak of and just imagine if I licensed this to someone who really wanted to build a big business out of it. I love helping people with jet boats and p w c's enjoy their time on the water get the most from their boat by making so many options for all sorts of boating styles. I know what my products do !
I guarantee peoples satisfaction and I don't mind people mixing my steering with other steering if that is their desire , although I can tell you I honestly believe my systems offer more and cost less . So after all is said and done buy what you think is the best system for you . Just do your homework!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Now if you could just learn paragraphs we would be all set! :D