• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Alum Creek Reservoir (Ohio) - Tip

Coastal44

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Two firsts this weekend. I was unaware you cannot exceed 10MPH on the water in Ohio state parks after dark (Alum Creek). This rule doesn't exists on Lake Erie where I grew up. The ODNR was nice and gave me a warning after I passed a safety check.

The next day I had my first plug blowout at WOT, which was a scary experience. Broke the plunger arm that holds the hatch open, but no other damage. Looked like a geiser went off.

Check the screws on your brass drain below the scupper. All three of mine were loose. Couldn't figure out why my bilge pump still ran every so often even after I changed my scupper. I took it off and reinstalled it with 3M 5200 sealant. Should last longer than the boat now.

Wow, good thing the ODNR stopped you or you could have had that blow out at night.

@Coastal44 let me know if we can pair up on those pneumatic arms for the cleanout hatch.... I need to replace mine too.

Will do Marky Mark!

I think I would of been more surprised if you said you had not seen ODNR. I cannot think of a trip out on a Ohio Lake that I have not seen odnr since I've owned my boat.

Thanks for the heads up on the speed limit after dark. I was not aware of that myself.

I thought it was always no wake after dark - everywhere.
When I got pulled over for a light, the DNR lady did mention that I was under 10 mph so I was ok there. In any case, we have the same deal here.

I will also add that I was with @Coastal44 on our boat and was also given a warning for night speed.

ODNR was cool and let me go with a warning too. But I'll tell you running in tandem like that was pretty cool. Miami vice style and the water was really nice running back. It would have taken us forever to get back to the ramps at 10 mph!

We see them all the time on the water but it was a bit freaky to be 'pulled over' especially being a newbie boater.

Few firsts for me as well... Getting stopped by the Po Po and also handling all phases with the boat from backing ramp, putting away trailer and retrieving trailer and reloading. Huge milestone from mental standpoint to have that down end to end!

@Coastal44 I used to boat on Alum. Never experienced the night speed issue but I can tell you that it's such a narrow lake it's easy for them to spot anything there. I have been out on my new "home lake" - Indian Lake, and rarely see O D N R. When I have they are always friendly and want you to know the rules of the water.

If you haven't been, spend 45 mins and go check out the lake. Way more open and lots to see and do. Let me know if you're going and I can give you some tips.

Back